Ways to raise awareness for Nostalrius + Streaming

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Ways to raise awareness for Nostalrius + Streaming

by Vaped » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:25 am

Hey guys, i think this thread should be about the many different ways we could raise awareness for Nostalrius, it's really hard because Corecraft and Kronos has taken the spotlight for now, but i think one major thing we can do during the beta testing next month is to STREAM. If your computer can handle it, i see no reason why majority of us shouldn't be streaming, plently of players will go on stream and ask "what server is this?".

One of the main reasons i think Nostalrius should be released before Kronos is because it will give players the ability to stream and promote and play at the same time. Something Admins should consider is once a player has dedicated 20 levels to a character, starting over doesn't sound like such a great idea. If we can beat Kronos to the punch our server will instantly become more popular than theirs.

An example of this would be the server Westfall (now dead private server), but when it was released it easily attracted many players from other servers; however the scripts there was shiiitttyyyyyyy. just my two cents, but if anyone can think of any other ideas that will allow us to go out and advertise, post it!!
Vaped
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Ways to raise awareness for Nostalrius + Streaming

by Hatson » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:51 am

I have actually planned to stream as much as I can while playing on Nostalrius.
I plan to make a series out of the leveling process, and then maybe some pve or pvp vids. Who knows.
The only times I'd be playing and not streaming would probably be when I won't be online for long or if people off the opposite faction started sniping my stream. I know a lot of people who would stoop down to that level of meta just to gank or ruin someone's fun.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Tadutosma » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:53 am

I think Vaped is totally right; if the server is ready, let's catch and keep players because they'll have played a few levels with the delicious scripts of our favourite server ;-)

Maybe a topic about stream, how to do it the right way, what to show on it , could be a great idea, 'cause i really want to help but I'm not sure how to do it well.
Tadutosma
Tester

by Sélenne » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:58 am

I wanted to twitch my leveling at the release, I don't have any follower yet but just for few friends.

Maybe it will attract random guys from twitch
<Raid is Dead> Horde side guild
Slade - Orc Warlock
-----------------------------
Sélenne
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Vaped » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:12 pm

It's really easy to attract viewers on twitch on you're up and streaming, the biggest problem on twitch is that majority of people who are streaming on the World of Warcraft section are playing WoD (it irks me so much) which makes it have a lot more streams on than it should, but with the proper title people will be able to weed those out. Even a quick announcement on the forums on when you plan to stream can help get you views (i personally will have every stream open on my computer just to support the streamers with my viewer count and will tell others to check it out as well) As far how to stream, best programs, settings etc... i think Hatson could easily tell you more about it, i've done it once but was in the dark about a lot of the stuff.
Vaped
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Nyarko » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:20 pm

love your avatar Hatson
<Phoenix>
Nyarko
Sergeant
Sergeant

by bloodfirst » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Im planning to do some twitch/fraps as well at release, but more in dungeon / raid / bg / world pvp or random events ^^
bloodfirst
Private
Private

by Hatson » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Nyarko wrote:love your avatar Hatson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flWuvkNWuS4#t=39 8-)
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Switchblade » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:25 pm

Hatson wrote:
Nyarko wrote:love your avatar Hatson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flWuvkNWuS4#t=39 8-)

good, now someone can explain me what I just saw ? :lol:
Switchblade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Welcome to my mind.
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard