Horde & Alliance Which are better at what ? PvE? PVP?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Horde & Alliance Which are better at what ? PvE? PVP?

by urmibish » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:32 pm

New to the server and I'm not sure what side i should pick , i normally go horde 99% of the time but i wanted to try ally again , I'm afraid if i actually like my character on ally that I'll regret it because 1. People will suck and be immature 2. Ally won't favor pve as much 3. Ally would be mostly PVP 4. Low Population 5. Ally don't PvE ? I'm not sure i just don't want to get screwed over in the pve section i love to PvE . Which side would be the best ? Not sure how either Faction is on this server . I did notice horde being overly populated as a nub , not sure for ally . :roll: :mrgreen: :oops: :shock:
urmibish
Tester

Re: Horde & Alliance Which are better at what ? PvE? PVP?

by Ohrami » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:17 am

alliance has more population, alliance gets blessing of kings, alliance blows ass at pvp so I would be amazed if they enjoyed it more
Ohrami
Grunt
Grunt

by Antility » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:05 am

Ohrami wrote:alliance has more population, alliance gets blessing of kings, alliance blows ass at pvp so I would be amazed if they enjoyed it more

I thought It was even population?
Make America Great Again

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kqvXwAj.gif[/img]
Antility
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by DrearyYew » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:40 am

Population is pretty damn even.

Horde have better PvP racials, Alliance have better PvE racials. As such, most PvPers rolled Horde, while most PvErs rolled Alliance. As a result, Horde get absurd queues, so they turn to ganking 50+ leveling zones and dungeon entrances, mostly Blackrock Mountain. Alliance get near instant PvP queues.

PuG players on both sides are shit. If Alliance Paladins know how to use Freedom, Alliance tend to have the advantage.

As far as people being immature, you're going to run into that anywhere. In my experience, Horde have a larger immature population. Again, Alliance have theirs as well, but the kiddies wanted to take racials because they thought they would make them roll face in PvP.

Honestly the only real reason to roll Horde is for the racials, and that you will be ganked slightly less often than an Alliance player while leveling. Alliance are definitely more PvE focused, but there are still plenty of Alliance PvPers. Alliance also have instant queues. Also, Paladin is more fun than Shaman IMO, and brings a whole lot more to a team than a Shaman does just on Freedom alone.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by dirtyhoudini » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:33 pm

just play ally. there are so many people on this server it doesn't matter, they're both the same
dirtyhoudini
Grunt
Grunt

by MUSASHI » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Its a matter of taste.

Cant play ally, they looking like walking jokes (except Dwarves) no style at all. Humans, gnomes and Night Elves... really, who whats to play something like that except 12 years old girls...

On the other side you have UD, Orcs, and Trolls... (ok walking cows also.. )

Just pick what you like the most, you will see that char every time you play. so a least take something you enjoy.
Shis - 60 UD Warrior - Who Cares

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
CB.
MUSASHI
Sergeant
Sergeant

by vytiokas » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:39 pm

I don't know i never tryed as horde , but ally suck in pvp ..
vytiokas
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by durabigael » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:57 pm

I used to be alliance and i make an horde. I kinda regret it to be honest. I prefer to get destroy in pvp than waiting in queue.

If they were offering a switch faction i would consider it even if my horde racial are amazing.
durabigael
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Arucado » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:14 pm

Horde AH is cheaper xD
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Hal900x » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:51 pm

I've played a little of both factions here and most of these posts are fairly accurate. I feel like Alliance have more civil/mature players, and tends to lean toward PvE over PvP. No shortage of jerks on either side, but more young kids and autistic ragers on Horde. On the other hand, Horde tend to be more skilled at PvP. In World PvP, Alliance will much more readily help each other out, and will more often group together for survival. If you cry for help from your Alliance friends, odds are they will come to rescue you. Horde is a bit more selfish: if you get ganked as Horde, there is a good chance your plea for help will be ignored. But ultimately, you will be forced to get better for that reason. Horde is a trial by fire.
Hal900x
Private
Private

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion