anyone heard of vengeance wow?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: anyone heard of vengeance wow?

by Weazool » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:00 pm

checked it out, really unpolished, bugtracker's running red with items being reported, and some basic stuff is broken. population is way low.
Weazool
Sergeant
Sergeant

by mx420 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:37 pm

Weazool wrote:checked it out, really unpolished, bugtracker's running red with items being reported, and some basic stuff is broken. population is way low.

Hey, where is the bugtracker at... I cant find it.

I leveled a warrior to 10 yesterday, noticed a couple things.

1. Jumping and charging in a cave (at least the first one in durotar) will sometimes send you upwards through the roof lol... lucky i was done my quests as i ended up on top of the cave haha. (same thing happens on Valkyrie wow)

2. Died while fighting the goblins on the outside of the cave cause of that bugger who is under the ground in front of the entrance.. he aggrod while i was fighting another mob. (pretty common bug found on a lot of older Pservers)

3. Sarkoth or w/e that scorpion's name is just sits there (pretty sure he had some kinda poison and he moved around on retail)

4. Sometimes certain mobs run away (when at low hp) slower then they should (almost like youve used hamstring on them)

So ya pretty normal for a private server IMO. Some positives...

i couldnt fall through the world charging... and i tried.
Shout, orc racial, rend... all my abilities seem to work fine.
All the mobs i fought cycle through their spells (trolls on the islands used heals, lightning shield, w/e that flame thing is etc) I cant say if how they used their spells are blizzlike... but they do use them.
Gathering nodes spawn closer to blizzlike here (no groups of herbs or mining nodes in one spot)

The best thing ive experienced so far was the ping. I was UNDER 30 for most of the time playing, you forget how different the game plays when its that low, that much was nice.

I'll keep playing just cause I have nowhere else. I could go valkyrie wow, but its been out for so long.... this server feels more like a fresh start.
mx420
Private
Private

by kahari » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:08 am

Ok so a new assessment after playing on this server for a couple days:

It's a fun diversion for now, but it's clearly not authentic to 1.12. Most of the quests/pathing/etc work and it's very playable, but there are many, many little oversights (lots of things tuned to TBC settings, like fishing, underwater breathing, rare elites, stats on certain items, etc.) Maybe you wouldn't notice if you've never played on retail vanilla, but it's very wrong.

I'll still play there for a while just because I'm having fun despite the inaccuracies, but it's probably not worth a long term investment.

Please Nostalrius just hurry up and launch! I'm dying here!
kahari
Grunt
Grunt

by Avshar » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:05 pm

tbc realm status: online 1.. great :D
...'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...
Avshar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Abcynia » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:59 pm

Messing around there also. New patch going in today (tonight?) that should address some stuff - not sure what exactly.
It's something to do without being near Valk or Feen**.

The pathing seems good, but some odd vertical pathing issues. Maybe they'll get those cleaned up.
Abcynia
Private
Private

by Smorgeybork » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:45 am

Server is a nice distraction, opening with both a vanilla and TBC server plus no advertising might kill it before it gains any footing.
Smorgeybork
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion