Battleground instance portals aren't working

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: Battleground instance portals aren't working

by Dr. Doom » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:35 pm

Simonich wrote:
gotmilk0112 wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:not having the portals working makes it hard to complete the faction quests, or access their quartermaster

Flying between IF and Arathi / Southshore is not hard.

What about wsg? What about horde? What about world PvP in these zones while waiting queue?

Not to mention that if you think about Proving Grounds just to name one quest, it currently requires the ride to Alterac's post, ride back to Southshore/Tarren Mill, fly to Ironforge/Undecrity, do AV, finish it, fly back to Southshore/Tarren Mill and ride up to Alterac again, just to get the Dun Baldar/Frostwolf Keep trinket.

Another person suggested an easy workaround. If the portal queuing isn't currently within the power of the developers to implement, adding a typical battlemaster in front of them (occupying the place that the TBC battlemasters had anyway), should do it.

And the 'blizzlike 1.12' argument has been bent in the past. The blueleaf tubers in RFK are completed by basically looting trash mobs, not using the gophers like it would be.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dr. Doom » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:03 pm

So the weeks passed, I made it to level 52 and had the exact same issue I foresaw: Pick AV quests in the Headland, riding my way back to Southshore, so I can fly to Ironforge to queue up, with the great prospect of flying back and riding up again to turn in a quest that should simply require a portal walk :D
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by wye » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:32 am

Diametra wrote:Oh stop it y'all. Everyone knows the portals don't work. gotmilk simply stated that and got a snarky response.

Its been reported. Report it some more. If you need further clarification, petition a dev.

No, not "everyone knows". You know there are new people joining the server?
Ok, its not exactly the Blizzard server. Its only blizzLIKE. And that's fine, Not everything is the same - actually, there are TONS of differences. Maybe make a list and link it to the FAQ? Here is a constructive way of doing it: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=24240

But you know what saddens me?
  1. People expect a feature to work. They ask around and nobody knows. Then they come to the forum asking for help and the answers they get are insults.
  2. They go to the bug tracker and they find the feature breaking bug reported for 3 or even 6 months, with no action taken from administrators, not even bothering to explain why the feature was disabled or not implemented.
    For this issue: http://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=1648

For example, here is another 6 month old issue having great impact on an entire class that is still not even in progress of being fixed: https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=441
wye
Tester

by Wertyu » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:42 am

You were right Doom, no answers for a blizzlike thread.
"Remove the shadow from the light, the shadow grows.The legacy of life is death. My followers accept this and live on. They fight for me!" Serve Shinnok joining the Brotherhood of Shadows and kill any living thing. Embrace the Shadows!
Wertyu
Private
Private

by Dr. Doom » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:52 am

Wertyu wrote:You were right Doom, no answers for a blizzlike thread.

The way I see things, it's better to assume things that are bugged will always be bugged.
That way you're never dissapointed when bugs remain for months upon months, and in the rare chance that a fix does happen, you're genuinely surprised and pleased. If you expect the fixes, you'll only get frustrated over time (bugs are probably the chief reason why the friend that got me into this server quit playing), and if/when the fix comes, you're no longer pleased but merely relieved.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by djiron » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:49 am

i would imagine that this is a bug thats very easy to fix and i can't imagine any reason why it shouldn't since working portals are blizzlike and it also adds to the game by being able to wpvp between bgs (in case of horde because no instant qs).
djiron
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion