Battleground instance portals aren't working

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: Battleground instance portals aren't working

by Thefilth » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:12 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:You do know that when battlegrounds were released, there were no such things as battlemasters, and therefore the only way to queue was to go the instance portal.

You do know that this is a private server and not retail, right?

Even though it released with pre 1.4 patch, Battlemasters were there from the beginning. Battleground portals never worked ON NOSTALRIUS, you always had to use the battlemasters.

They worked just fine when players got mindcontrolled through them, from the inside, and banned for speedhacking as a consequence of dropping from the sky in Stonetalon mountains.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dr. Doom » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Diametra wrote:Oh stop it y'all. Everyone knows the portals don't work. gotmilk simply stated that and got a snarky response.

Its been reported. Report it some more. If you need further clarification, petition a dev.

There is a fundamental difference between answering a question (after all I did open this thread to raise awareness on this issue) perhaps explaining why they are disabled, and behaving like social lumpen and/or high school child that goes around swearing, in some feeble attempt to impress people.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dr. Doom » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Thefilth wrote:
gotmilk0112 wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:You do know that when battlegrounds were released, there were no such things as battlemasters, and therefore the only way to queue was to go the instance portal.

You do know that this is a private server and not retail, right?

Even though it released with pre 1.4 patch, Battlemasters were there from the beginning. Battleground portals never worked ON NOSTALRIUS, you always had to use the battlemasters.

They worked just fine when players got mindcontrolled through them, from the inside, and banned for speedhacking as a consequence of dropping from the sky in Stonetalon mountains.

This is interesting, might shed some light into this matter. When they were enabled were there hacks being performed around them? Could you elaborate please?
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dr. Doom » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:05 pm

Zniki wrote:They could just put few emissaries (like they are around the capitals) infront of their respective world bg entrance so you could que up from those zones as intented and problem solved....

Seems like a good workaround if the code for the portals isn't ready yet.
I agree.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by heradura » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:02 am

Dr. Doom wrote:
Diametra wrote:Oh stop it y'all. Everyone knows the portals don't work. gotmilk simply stated that and got a snarky response.

Its been reported. Report it some more. If you need further clarification, petition a dev.

There is a fundamental difference between answering a question (after all I did open this thread to raise awareness on this issue) perhaps explaining why they are disabled, and behaving like social lumpen and/or high school child that goes around swearing, in some feeble attempt to impress people.

What the fuck do you want people to tell you? They're not enabled because they're not enabled. There's no code written for it. What more do you want? You sound like one of those soccer moms who gets a cunty attitude and fake smile and blames the cashier when her husband's debit card doesn't work for the five dollar chardonnay they're buying.

Go away.
heradura
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dr. Doom » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:31 pm

heradura wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:

What the fuck do you want people to tell you? They're not enabled because they're not enabled. There's no code written for it. What more do you want? You sound like one of those soccer moms who gets a cunty attitude and fake smile and blames the cashier when her husband's debit card doesn't work for the five dollar chardonnay they're buying.

Go away.

How can I 'go away' from my very own thread?

Why are you swearing again?
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Acousticferret » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:59 pm

You're gonna lose anyway lol.
Acousticferret
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:05 pm

Acousticferret wrote:You're gonna lose anyway lol.

Possibly. I am just here helping to test this new project. I hadn't played World of Warcraft since 2011, but YouTube comments highly praised it and I have spent the last few days trying out as many features as I can.

I sincerely didn't expect to get flamed on by derelict randomers for merely pointing out that not having the portals working makes it hard to complete the faction quests, or access their quartermaster, and therefore wanted to bring some attention to the matter.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by gotmilk0112 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:23 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:not having the portals working makes it hard to complete the faction quests, or access their quartermaster

Flying between IF and Arathi / Southshore is not hard.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Simonich » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:49 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:not having the portals working makes it hard to complete the faction quests, or access their quartermaster

Flying between IF and Arathi / Southshore is not hard.

What about wsg? What about horde? What about world PvP in these zones while waiting queue?
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion