Mob tagging?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Mob tagging?

by Caedum » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:40 pm

So guys, mob tagging.

Say my friend is on his account doing quests, when I come along and kill his quest mobs for him, leading to him getting all the XP from the mob kill. Is that allowed? just curious because it was a feature in the game all up until cata I think.
Caedum
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Mob tagging?

by Rottenbeauty » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:27 pm

As long as it is two different players playing, and not "your friend" on another account that happens to have the same IP as you, there is no problem.
Rottenbeauty
Grunt
Grunt

by Caedum » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:34 pm

yeah thought that'd be cool. Thanks bro
Caedum
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by illutian » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Holy shit...seriously?! :O

I wonder if they'd allow this in instances.

4 lvl 60s should be able to nuke down any mob up to (and including) BRD with in the 59 seconds 'boot to hearth location' timer that pops up after you leave an instance group.
illutian
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Glenzig » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:07 pm

Yeah, as long as it's not one person playing the different toons, you can mob tag, boost dungeons, whatever you want really. As long as it's actually different people controlling the different toons.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by gotmilk0112 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:17 pm

illutian wrote:4 lvl 60s should be able to nuke down any mob up to (and including) BRD with in the 59 seconds 'boot to hearth location' timer that pops up after you leave an instance group.

I don't think it'd be enough EXP to make it worth doing. Dungeon mobs don't give that much more exp than normal mobs, IIRC. I think it's somewhere around 2x the amount of a regular mob. So instead of fucking around with dropping group in a dungeon, you'd be much better off just going around killing normal mobs out in the world.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Niko » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:22 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:
illutian wrote:4 lvl 60s should be able to nuke down any mob up to (and including) BRD with in the 59 seconds 'boot to hearth location' timer that pops up after you leave an instance group.

I don't think it'd be enough EXP to make it worth doing. Dungeon mobs don't give that much more exp than normal mobs, IIRC. I think it's somewhere around 2x the amount of a regular mob. So instead of fucking around with dropping group in a dungeon, you'd be much better off just going around killing normal mobs out in the world.

Three decked L60 mages with a healer and a fifth lowbie mage, masspull everything and then drop grp quickly on the lowbie mage to tag mobs, then rejoin grp and begin the aoe with all characters.

We did this and had 14hrs played 1-60.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by zzxx » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:36 pm

its legal as long as its different ppl playin it(no multibox)
Time and space, it's a crossroad through a gate, where do you go?
Getownedlol
Ogtucker
zzxx
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Garneet » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:37 pm

Did alot of mobtagging on ED. 1-60 in avarage 13-14 hours

1-20 Gnolls Westfall
20-30 Stockade
30-42 SM
42-55 BRD
55-60 UBRS(dunno if this works here sins eggs dont respawn)
Garneet
Sergeant
Sergeant

by illutian » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:02 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:

Nah, the bonus comes from the speed at which you can kill the mobs.

I take about 20-30seconds to kill a mob (pro dps yo! :? ) but in that same time you could have a lvl 60 mow down most of SM: Cath after you tag the mobs.

Really all you need is a priest (PW:S) and a Druid (HoTs) to keep the mobs off you as you hit them [for tagging] and then a frost mage or maybe even an arcane mage (arcane explosion)...not sure because eventually the mobs will hit the mage so the mage needs to be able to not just tank it but also still cast....30+ 'grey mobs' will still kill you if you can't cast due to Casting Setback :P

Then just run out and reset, rinse and repeat until you feel the XP per nuke isn't enough and go to the next highest dungeon.

...there's also the bonus of not dealing with ganks ;)
illutian
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion