Your dream TBC server

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Your dream TBC server

by Aquane » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:27 am

there isn't exactly an off-topic forum, or anything, but regardless, though, what do you think would be the ideal TBC server?

to start off with some ideas, this is what I want to see in a TBC server, man I wish there was a spoiler function here:

x1 everything and all bugs fixed, of course
all raids and dungeons are unnerfed, including M'uru
SSC/TK released in patch 2.1(that'd happen pretty fast)
karazhan crypts are released in 2.2 as a raid(I wish); and has item levels/gear requirements and rewards similar to SSC/TK, and ZA is released in 2.2 as well
BT/CoT:Hyjal is released in 2.3
sunwell/MgT is released in 2.4

I see five big problems in TBC; one is stunherald, the next is almost no world pvp, and the third is welfare epics and the fourth is in 2.4.x you're able to pretty much skip T4 content by doing MgT H other heroics and getting badge/rep rewards and buying nether vortex gear, and gold is waaaaaay too easy to get with dailies, which stagnates the economy over 10-20+ times faster than otherwise

MgT loot is scaled down in both normal and heroic in terms of loot only, so that the ilvls for normal MgT are only the ilvl equivalent of shadow labs N blues including 70 blues from kael'thas, and in heroic all the item levels are equivalent to other heroics, and kael'thas drops 1 epic item on heroic

flying mounts and flight forms have a cooldown of 10 minutes or more and have a limited duration of 5 minutes when used with some obvious exceptions such as the flying race quest for the netherdrake chain; otherwise if you're sky high after 5 minutes are up you'd better have a parachute
this will greatly encourage world pvp, and, more importantly, make it actually happen, the duration of flying mounts may be adjusted if its too short, but will never be adjusted beyond 8 minutes

all daily quests give 90% less gold, both before and at level 70, and the experience-> gold compensation for quests completed at the maximum level are reduced by 90% for daily quests only; this will help to keep the economy stable

vanilla creatures that were turned into non-elites will become elite once again and all pre-61 loot that was buffed in 2.3 will be unbuffed, and leveling rates are as they were in patch 1.12.x, but of course you can still hit 70

all badge of justice rewards introduced after 2.2 will simply not exist, and all items that are purchasable with badges of justice will require 2 times as many badges to purchase; in addition, all heroic dungeons will only drop one badge of justice for each player from its end boss and optional bosses

all bosses in Karazhan give one less badge of justice, to a minimum of 1; in addition, the animal bosses in the servant quarter now drop a badge of justice; these changes will help to make badges more valuable

no pre-wrath patch, but the scourge invasion temporarily happens some time after kil'jaeden dies anyway unless the players oppose this for some farfetched reason

Hearts of Darkness Nether Vortexes and the Sunmotes will all be BoP and will not be changed in any patch; the items that they're used to craft will all be BoP as well

all instance attunements and the processes to obtain them that have ever existed exist, including those for 60 raids, and they are never removed, and you can't pick the lock at karazhan's door(weren't you able to before?)

pvp changes:
IF cheat death and/or cloak of skill weren't nerfed enough, they get nerfed some more, so that means if they were already balanced they stay untouched

the stun chances of lolherald and its predecessor are reduced by alot

all pvp gear requires some sort of arena rating(lowering in 2.1, 2.3, and 2.4), and requires a significant amount of arena points and at least 5 BG marks and some honor as well; this will make sure that the only "welfare" epics are T4 crafted gear, and world drops, so you'll have to do work beyond getting gold for all the other epics, and in addition, pvp weapons will require at least 50 more arena rating than pvp armor if they didn't already need that or more, so that means hunters don't get a cheap vengeful 2h axe to use in pve

non-skirmish arena matches can be done up to 50(maybe less?) times per team per week, in order to make sure that world pvp is actually a thing with the help of the flying mount change

teams in 70 arenas will be matched up according to the combined item levels excluding gems on their team's gear(ignoring main hand or off hand, whichever is lower ivl or oh if both are same ilvl) as well as their team's arena rating separately to the extent that people are put into 4 brackets, if such matches are available; these brackets will be [blues], and [T4], [T5], and [T6+]; in all brackets you may use lower item level gear than the bracket's title, of course

if your team's members contain 1 or more brackets of difference, they will not be allowed to queue(meaning you can't put a [T6+] qualifier and a [T5] qualifier on the same team), and again, arena rating and brackets will be determined separately in such a way that your bracket takes precedence over your arena rating up to a difference of (undetermined) arena rating per bracket

for clarification, it is possible for a 2.1k rating [T4] team to fight a 1500 rated [T6+] team, if the difference is 300(subject to change) arena rating per bracket(no, being in a higher bracket doesn't automatically give more rating, for those new at English)

EDIT: thanks for pointing out the flawed logic Drain, I'll admit that I was being very silly and illogical in this part that I deleted

brackets will be determined by the combined ilvl of all of your equipped gear; additionally, within a match in a particular bracket other than [T6+], you will not be allowed to equip enough high ilvl gear to qualify you for the next bracket while the match is going

in other words you can't, for example, enter an arena in the blues bracket in blue gear then slap on sunwell gear during/before the match, but you can still equip resistance gear(if low enough ilvl) to fuck over that caster and/or use your shield macro, but you are not allowed to use a weapon or shield that qualifies by itself as a higher bracket item, so no [T6+] weapons/shields in [T5], no [T5] weapons/shields in [T4], and no [T4] weapons/shields in [blues],

so, for clarification, in the [T5] bracket you can wear a mixture of T6 gear and T4 gear, in the blues tier, you can wear a mixture of greens/60 epics/61-69 blues and tier 4 stuff, and in [T4] you can wear a mixture of blues and lower and T5, as well as a mixture of sunwell and greens, and etc, but you may never use a T4 weapon/shield in [blues], nor a T5 weapon/shield in [T4], and etc, this extra restriction will not apply to relics/held in offhand

teams will not be restricted to a particular arena bracket selected upon team creation unless it somehow becomes a problem

this is all I could think of off the top of my head, and I do understand that it wouldn't be blizzlike, but I think retail tbc wasn't as good as it could've been, and that alot of people don't like TBC the way it was in retail, this is just what I think would make a nice TBC server in my opinion

what would you guys want in a TBC server?
Last edited by Aquane on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Your dream TBC server

by cardk » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:38 am

No member ever downed a raid boss, by dying for his guild. He killed the raid boss, by DPS'ing it down to zero.

- Mute
cardk
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Grungie » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Change the size plz :D
Grungie
Grunt
Grunt

by Germinou » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:20 pm

& have mercy, add some punctuation...
Germinou
Grunt
Grunt

by Envy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:10 pm

My dream TBC server is a non existing one since it is so crappy.
Envy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:31 pm

I'd just want one exactly as it was. BC was already the best era in WoW's lifetime, before Wotlk made everything too fast and easy. Your suggestions add needless restrictions or punishments that don't really make it more fun, quite the opposite. You'll have driven off more people than you attract with this customized illogical ruleset. Some are downright terrible, such as what you suggest doing to Rogues and flying mounts. The only thing I'd agree with on this list is the difficulty of content being unnerfed, and Classic content being unchanged. All I want is for them to copy/paste their perfectly working Classic realm, update talent trees, and unlock 60-70 bracket. They don't need to do a damn thing to 1-60. They just need to stack BC on top of it.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by apollan » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:56 pm

I'd have to go with Drain on this one. Too many changes, can't even call it blizzlike anymore. Pre-nerf dungeons and raids and raid progression would be enough IMO.
apollan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Kroz » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:21 pm

Could you make the text any smaller? Not straining my eyes to even try to read that
Kroz UD Lock
Kroz
Private
Private

by bloodfirst » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Only badges that give t4 / s1-s2 token things are crap, the rest of TBC is fine, people who don't like it are often vanilla purist. So those players just need to play on a vanilla realm :D

People who want TBC back are people that like it how it was, with an unnerfed content, except Mu'ru because he was completely silly tuned, not in a good way...

Flying mounts are a huge part of TBC, I agree that today on retail flying mounts are crap, but in TBC it was okay because outland was made for it. And world pvp still existed back in the days, maybe not as much as vanilla but still, I remember lot of fun world PvP at Nagrand / Shattrath door / raid tp stone / karazhan entry / quel'danas / daily quest zones etc...

Actually one thing I don't like in TBC is the no dual spec ( it's even worse in vanilla ) for healers or tanks because it's quite hard to farm in a non-dps specs.
bloodfirst
Private
Private

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion