Lag

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Lag

by Basili » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:38 pm

Has anyone else been experiencing this lag? I have had it for the past day, and it's around 1-2seconds lag. I don't think it's a problem with my ISP as it works ok on other servers.
Basili
Private
Private

Re: Lag

by Edz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:39 am

I've experienced this since day one on this server. It's like a 1 second delay every minute or so. I assume since not many are talking about it it's something on my end, maybe an addon or something but i'm not sure. I play from the east coast US and get around 100 latency. On other private servers I played with stopcast macros but can't on this server due to this delay.
Edz
Private
Private

by DrunkenEnvy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:08 am

I haven't. The server works great for me, but I have noticed an occasional delayed command.
DrunkenEnvy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by zok » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:16 pm

The delay seems to be getting worse every day. At launch (though it was near impossible to get on), there was absolutely 0 server delay, but as of this moment, I'm constantly getting 0.5 - 1 second delays while casting spells, similar to what many people commonly experience on feenix servers. It seems to be occurring more and more frequently, and it's getting pretty annoying. Hopefully it's something that can be resolved, not something we (or maybe just US players) are stuck having to deal with forever...
zok
Tester

by Redcore » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:03 pm

I am in vancouver and getting around 150-170 ms. But yes, i am experiencing some kind of weird annoying delays too.
Redcore
Grunt
Grunt

by gum » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:12 pm

It sounds like people are talking about different things. One person is referring to a consistent delay, and another is referring to periodic spikes.
gum
Tester

by hbcobra88 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:12 pm

I'm going to be playing on from the West Coast US, hoping lag wont be too bad...
hbcobra88
Tester

by azreal313 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:24 pm

I've been having a lot of lag recently :(
~Maeven~
I masturbate to the hate.
azreal313
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Daemon » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:53 pm

We will proceed to a server restart in ~30 minutes / 1 hour to test a fix against server lags.
The server is currently running under some kind of "debug mode", which allows us to better track crashes (we already fixed 3 today). The population is really high, and may be growing this weekend, so we will change the configuration, and at the same time add a kind of "performance log".
Daemon
Administrator
Administrator

by azreal313 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:01 am

Daemon wrote:We will proceed to a server restart in ~30 minutes / 1 hour to test a fix against server lags.
The server is currently running under some kind of "debug mode", which allows us to better track crashes (we already fixed 3 today). The population is really high, and may be growing this weekend, so we will change the configuration, and at the same time add a kind of "performance log".

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know Daemon, keep up the great work :)
~Maeven~
I masturbate to the hate.
azreal313
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion