Inspirational movie

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Inspirational movie

by Valve » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:02 am

Last night,i remembered on one of the most inspirational movies/videos i have seen on youtube.It really did touched me,but i think those times have passed.I am not sure yet if i'll get that addicted to Nostalrius.Anyways,you should look up for the 2 movies.
I don't want to make someone quit WoW from this video(which is not possbile),but totally enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKjNwejhfg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjtza8Fsu3w

Test in 2 days,Hype is real.Nostalrius incoming!
Valve
Tester

Re: Inspirational movie

by Beggan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:42 am

I cry every single time.
Beggan
Private
Private

by Valve » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:33 am

Haha,yea it is a bid sad,but however,he did succeeded in life so it's not a story for a ruined life.He says at the 2nd video,that,WoW made him understand many things. :)
I am definetly going to be hardcore on Nostalrius,but i hope i won't experience such thing.Things have changed
Valve
Tester

by Drain » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Great video, because I know many of us can relate. It's not too different a story from my own, but I got out earlier in 2008 after 3 years. I too started Feb 2005, couldn't have been more than weeks apart. I quit having almost everything in the game memorized, from quests, to abilities, to dungeon layouts, with a garage of characters at 60 and 70, and so on. When I came back playing in later years(2010 Wotlk, then again for 2011 Cata), it wasn't the same and I had fewer elitist or hardcore complexes. Some years in college refocused my priorities and I played a lot more casually. You can't put "WoW grandmaster" on a job resume, nor is anyone going to care about how many hours you put into it. Even paid game developers don't put in as many hours playing their own games, or games in general, as we do.

It's a shame I threw away some of the best time of WoW's life, because the later years ruined the game. I should have quit AFTER BC, but I had no idea where the game was going and was thinking about my own life. But even if I return to playing the game again now, it won't be the same. I'm just not the same kind of person that I was in 2005-2007. That was a long time ago, and I don't fear touching the game again. It'll probably take me ages to get characters to max level alone, something I used to do incredibly quick, and that was when leveling took a long time. The funny thing is that now days, the game has become a complete joke, as casual friendly as it can possibly get, and I couldn't be less interested in it. It's just not the WoW I remember or like. If I had played it first, perhaps I'd prefer it over the hardcore version from its old days, but we'll never know. The time and difficulty to do everything though is what made everything worth doing and made things valuable. WoW always had a sense of accomplishment because of the time and effort it took to get where you wanted to be, or get what you wanted to get. Those things are long gone.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion