Nostalrius PvP : Alliance/Horde Population Census

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: Nostalrius PvP : Alliance/Horde Population Census

by Thatoneguy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:33 pm

likemi wrote:I think Census data (bar chart) is very hard to read, would be prettier if it provided numbers or at least percentages. Here are some data based on Census scan (6-Dec-15, peak period) on 60 level distribution:

Horde:

1. Warrior 21.1%
2. Mage 16.8%
3. Rogue 15.8%
4. Warlock 11.6%
5. Priest 10.5%
6. Shaman 10.5%
7. Hunter 9.5%
8. Druid 4.2%

Alliance:

1. Warrior 17.0%
2. Mage 17.0%
3. Rogue 15.1%
4. Hunter 14.2%
5. Priest 12.3%
6. Paladin 12.3%
7. Warlock 8.5%
8. Druid 3.8%

Couple of observations:

• On both sides Warriors, Mages and Rogues account for roughly 50% of 60 level population.[/il]
  • Vanilla is hard on druids
  • Warrior is most popular class on the Horde and mages keep on par with warriors on Alliance side. I think it is due horde races brutal appearance that dictates to smash faces
  • Hunter is not so populated on Horde, however holds top 4 position for Alliance. Mainly due to most popular Horde race (Undead) inability to roll a hunter. Also NE hunters do look neat
  • Warlock is out of the loop for alliance players due to mostly their unwillingness to fight with mass of undead players and their WoF

Your 'observations' are assumptions.

1: On Horde Warrior is not played more than Mage. In fact, there are more Mages than Warriors at lvl 60. These statistics only reflect the statistics of the classes that are online on a sunday evening, not how much the class is actually played.

2: Just because most people don't play Druids doesn't make the game hard on them. Playing a Druid puts you in a very advantageous situation because they are underplayed.

3: The inability undeath to be hunters doesn't have to be the primary, this is the most obvious assumption you've made thus far.

4: Why does it have to be the unwillingness to fight undead players? It could be that aesthetics are the defining factor just like you assumed with Alliance.

There are more reasons to explain why these numbers are the way they are. One of the most crucial reason, and the one you missed, is that there is a huge playerbase that doesn't play around Sunday 10:00 pm ST. An accurate overview would be created by getting multiple samples on multiple days during different times.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Alexandrros » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:
4: Why does it have to be the unwillingness to fight undead players? It could be that aesthetics are the defining factor just like you assumed with Alliance.

no, this is the main reason. when half of enemy players can become immune to your main cc/survival tool it makes playing ally locks a painful experience. my lock alt is mothballed for this reason

lets not forget wotf makes you immune to seduce as well^^
<Final Exit>
Alexandrros
Private
Private

by Thatoneguy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:54 pm

Alexandrros wrote:
Thatoneguy wrote:

no, this is the main reason. when half of enemy players can become immune to your main cc/survival tool it makes playing ally locks a painful experience. my lock alt is mothballed for this reason

lets not forget wotf makes you immune to seduce as well^^

I think it's a strong reason but it cannot be observed from these statistics. You cannot observe these statistics and say that there are few Alliance Warlocks just because there are many UD players on Horde.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Alexandrros » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:06 pm

well i agree undead fits the warlock character great, so that probably makes people more likely to make one. but most of the (few) locks i have ranked with listed wotf as their main issue about pvp. take that as you will
<Final Exit>
Alexandrros
Private
Private

by Thatoneguy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:49 pm

Alexandrros wrote:most of the (few) locks i have ranked with listed wotf as their main issue about pvp. take that as you will

I wasn't disagreeing with that.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Noxm » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Sunday 17 January 8:00 pm Server Time :

Total : 10 017 Players Online
5037 Horde / 4980 Alliance
50,2% Horde / 49,8% Alliance

Total : 2977 Players level 60 Online
Level 60 : 1920 Horde / 1895 Alliance
50,3% Horde / 49,7% Alliance

Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by metagame » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:07 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic
Blockchain - night elf warrior
Meta - gnome warlock
metagame
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by bayindir » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:18 am

Last edited by bayindir on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
bayindir
Tester

by Noxm » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:19 pm

@bayindir Thanks for this report but you dont seem to use the correct version of census :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/buq69 ... usPlus.rar
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by bayindir » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:20 am

Noxm wrote:@bayindir Thanks for this report but you dont seem to use the correct version of census :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/buq69 ... usPlus.rar

screenshot updated to new version. thank you @Noxm
bayindir
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion