[A] Theorycraft hosting MC on Sunday 18:30+

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

[A] Theorycraft hosting MC on Sunday 18:30+

by Istaria » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:58 am

The run will have a very geared MT and lots of somewhat geared guild-alts. To sign up to the raid, you can send a mail to me (Shanyatral / Istaria) and I will hold your spot until 18.30.

Run goal time is between 60 and 90 minutes. Our fastest alt/pug run has been 72 minutes. Raid start time is 18:30 if it is full. Once it is go time, we will throw in an Onyxia / Nefarian head, so make sure to come to Stormwind for some extra damage.

- Recipes, Bindings, Cores/Ingot and [Onslaught Girdle] are reserved.
- If you bring an Aqual Quintessance, you will be rewarded with a Fiery/Lava Core. (remind me if I forget!)
- If you are a top (and not only) performer of your class from the participants that are not members of the guild, you will win a consumable package. This package contains things such as stacks of Mongoose, Juju's, Elixir of X power, etc.

The loot system is +1 which resets at Majordomo. If an item is not of interest to anyone within 10 seconds of it being linked, it becomes free for all to roll on and won't count as an item earned. Once you have got 1 item, you are no longer eligible to roll until items become FFA roll due to lack of interest.

Requirements: Teamspeak 3, know tactics, be level 60, Paladins need to have PallyPowers. Gear level is irrelevant as long as you know what you are doing, but if it is really bad, try to compensate with consumables - which you should be popping regardless, of course, to win more of them as the top performer!

Run stats:
9.3.2016 - 7 TC mains, 19 TC alts, 14 non-members participating. FFA loot system, cleartime: ~85 minutes.
Rewarded player list: Renu (unguilded), Xioohoo <Silver Hand>, Vasemmisto <Billy Club>, Keldorei (unguilded), Liisa (unguilded)
Split rewards: Krisisis <Redlords> / Paskalapio <Billy Club>
Run DPS /heal meters and comments section: http://forum.theorycraft.fi/topic/402

16.3.2016 - 7 TC mains, 19 TC alts, 13 non-members participating. +1 loot system, cleartime: 100 minutes.
Rewarded player list: Btdubz <Globo Gym>
Split rewards: Mairwen <Jazz> / Aethalas <Jazz>, Magmadiver (unguilded) / Ailbe <Jazz>
Run DPS / heal meters and comments section: http://forum.theorycraft.fi/topic/415

23.3.2016 - 7 TC mains, 15 TC alts, 18 non-members participating. +1 loot system, cleartime: 72 minutes.
Rewarded player list: Bigahole <Luftens Helte>, Vanhedra <Sweddit>
Split rewards: Netrach (unguilded) / Dartka (unguilded), Kongdiller <Cruentus> / Soxfangreg <Rollin With My Gnomies>, Edyra <Redlords> / Amailly <Remnants>
Run DPS / heal meters and comments section: http://forum.theorycraft.fi/topic/434

3.4.2016 - 7 TC mains, 13 TC alts, 20 non-members participating. +1 loot system, cleartime: 90 minutes.
Rewarded player list: Imbaghost <Cruentus>, Rekkalesbo <Kivikausi>, Guffel (unguilded)
Split rewards: Jovakarambol <Odious> / Îlyas (unguilded), Humiko <Honorus> / Fgodfireball <War Soul>
Run DPS / heal meters and comments section: http://forum.theorycraft.fi/topic/459
Last edited by Istaria on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Shanyatral / Istaria, Guild Master of <Theorycraft>
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: [A] Theorycraft hosting MC on Wednesday 18:30+ (GDKP/FFA

by propergamer1978 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:32 pm

That's an amazing concept. Kudos and I'm signing up!
propergamer1978
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:38 pm

Thank you for bringing this terrible system to a server with 12k online ....

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 60#p122369

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 50#p121932

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 50#p122172

this will be consequence from your system .

i see many times you guys are trying and i hope it won't work because the system is history and end up tragic for server.

I don't see the point why would you like to change something in server which currently is great and tons of people around . why do you want to destroy the server with this cancer and disease system ?

all i can say for everyone is :

once this system success into "public" it will spread like disease and server will go down .
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:47 pm

To sign up to the raid, you can send a mail to me (Shanyatral / Istaria) with 100 gold in it.

Did anyone noticed this ?
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Taladril » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:22 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
To sign up to the raid, you can send a mail to me (Shanyatral / Istaria) with 100 gold in it.

Did anyone noticed this ?

Are you illiterate? The very next sentence is:
Once you show up, your 100 will be returned to you (after the raid). This step is to discourage people from signing up and not showing up, which causes delays for everyone.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Istaria » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:44 pm

My friend smilkovpetko,

I think you are grossly over-exaggerating. First of, we aren't trying to benefit from the GDKP in any way. It will be split to everyone in the raid, not just to us. We're not keeping some pot of it either. It's just another loot system where if you really want some item, you will get it and others will get compensated for that, depending on how much you want it.

Let me emphasize that we're not trying to screw anyone over. I just want to run GDKP 50% of the time to give an alternative to all the other pugs out there to make sure ours fills up, is all. Furthermore, let me repeat: all the players participating, including those who buy the gear get their split. The raid leader does not keep a penny more than the guy who came last in dps and wiped the raid 3 times.

For those who want to raid specifically with us but do not want to spend any gold and still get gear, they can attend our FFA raid every other week. I am trying to gauge the popularity of both systems to see which we will ultimately go with.
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Cargalia » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:58 pm

Bad call imho
Cargalia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by slipryy » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:11 am

surely the "mail me 100g" is a joke? i get you don't want noshows but who do u think is realistically gonna mail u 100g just to sign up to your mc pug? even if you mail it back, there is an mc pug every single day of the week, what is so special about urs lol?
slipryy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by disco » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:29 am

Totally spamming this guy with 100g cods
Blaze <molten core swimteam>
disco
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Istaria » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:01 am

slipryy wrote:surely the "mail me 100g" is a joke? i get you don't want noshows but who do u think is realistically gonna mail u 100g just to sign up to your mc pug? even if you mail it back, there is an mc pug every single day of the week, what is so special about urs lol?

I have used this method with selling loot for weeks and it works well. Lots of people buy loot from us and it is good to keep it organized. This has gotten the no-shows to near zero (whereas before I introduced this system they were quite frequent). For loot sales I am asking 200g in advance but in this case I figure 100 gold is enough to have a meaning but not enough to ruin anyone's day if something unforeseen comes up and they can't make it. Everyone has 100 gold, and if they are serious about joining it is a non-issue.

Furthermore, this 100 gold is just for those who want to reserve a spot in advance to be sure. I don't really follow the scene so can't be 100% sure if there are other GDKP runs out there, but from the reaction of this one earlier guy, I would imagine they are not that common - hence, someone might very well want to guarantee a spot to such a run.

Goes without a mention as well that raid day invites "on the spot" will not have such a requirement because there is no chance for a no-show.

Rest assured that I certainly do not with to tarnish mine or the guild's reputation by stealing someone's 100 (or any amount of) gold. It is all just to ease my huge workload.
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion