New PvP Server?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

New PvP Server?

by Rhook » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:36 pm

The server is way too full, designed for a pop of ~3000 there are 10000-13000 ppl online. Its unplayable due to the huge lag. I'd vote for a second pvp server. If ppl would want to play on the pve server they would have done it yet, but it peaks at 3000 since release.
Let the hate begin, but i think lots of other ppl would agree.
Rhook
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: New PvP Server?

by Keftenk » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:37 pm

The server runs fine with 3000...it's when it reaches 9000-10000 is when problems start happening.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Rhook » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:56 pm

Which is most of the time.
Rhook
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Prismane » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:02 pm

Yeah I agree, and I'd like a new PvP server aswell.. I think many people want one, and alot of people would even consider rerolling if there would be no transfer from the current PvP server. But there are plenty of topics about this already and it doesn't seem like there's going to be a new PvP server after all.
Prismane
Private
Private

by Wrathran » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:42 pm

Let the hate begin

I have not seen a single person who don't think it would be a good idea to have more servers with character transfer between them. BUT what people never seem to realize is that it's not a matter of money (well it is also) but a matter of TIME! The people behind Nostalrius is doing this on their spare time for free so WHO will do all the extra work?

Pottu » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:42 pm
Feel free to pay for that server and recruit the GMs necessary to answer tickets on that server too Bradley. Do remember that so far, the Nostalrius team has paid the vast majority of all upkeep costs, though donations have helped. All the team members are unpaid volunteers. So not only do none of us get paid, running the server is actually a financial drain. Please keep that in mind when you feel the urge to demand that Nostalrius should make even more servers.
The GM team.

It would be cool if someone started a thread called "What can we do to help" or similar instead of all these "WE WANT" threads...
Wrathran
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Radeon » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:52 pm

They should really make new pvp server.It's hard to play with delay.50 ppl trying to do same quest at same time which is problem.
Radeon
Tester

by Eriazx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:49 am

Do you realize the cost of this would be tremendous?
Eriazx
Grunt
Grunt

by Prismane » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:06 am

Eriazx wrote:Do you realize the cost of this would be tremendous?

I've seen alot of people on multiple threads that have offered to donate if money was the problem. So I don't really think that money is the main issue, rather than the time needed for something like this. But I agree with a previous post, we should ask what WE can do to help. Cuz yeah, a new PvP server would be great, imagine the numbers on this one when AQ hits.. and later Naxx. :0
Prismane
Private
Private

by Kolltrem » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:08 am

Yes..

Imagine Silithus when the event for AQ will start..
Lieutenant-Commander Kolltrem - Hunter (PvP realm)
Road to the r11 : R10 - IIII...... - R11
Kolltrem
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Pottu » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:57 pm

There are no plans for additional servers at this time. The clustering development is a higher priority.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion