Songflower Buff.

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Songflower Buff.

by Cysthen » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:34 pm

I am aware this is going to be locked immediately.

All I am going to say is that Feenix did not have this buff available and that I was extremely impressed with Nostalrius having the buff available and working as intended.

Disappointing to hear no body will have a reason to get it anymore. That is all.
Twitch Channel. - http://www.twitch.tv/cysthen
Nightninja <Pantheon> Melee Hunter.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Songflower Buff.

by Judgeandjuried » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:35 pm

They even went through the trouble of fixing their respawn timers a couple of patches in.
Judgeandjuried
Grunt
Grunt

by Destillia » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:09 pm

I already made an alt account with a level 1 summoned at songflower, ready to take it at the same time as another player so I can report him for duping the flower. :D HEHEHEHE lets ban all players instead of telling the 90% of all raiding players who are alll using this "exploit" that its not allowed and then afterwards fix it.
Destillia
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Keftenk » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:13 pm

Destillia wrote:I already made an alt account with a level 1 summoned at songflower, ready to take it at the same time as a NOPE member so I can report him for duping the flower. :D HEHEHEHE lets ban all players instead of telling the 90% of all raiding players that uses this "exploit" that its not allowed and then afterwards fix it.

This brings up a great point actually. If documented and reported which parties get banned? Both? What if someone is intentionally griefing others? So many unanswered questions which actually require a response. Of course if they just fixed the "exploit/bug" then this wouldn't be an issue...

Or you know. Leave it as Blizzlike without the bans? The logic, I know.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Cysthen » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:14 pm

Thats the thing, they should be proud that its working as intended and that they are doing things better than their predecessors and leave it as intended.

I have faith that Nostalrius will make vanilla tuned content that doesn't require every world buff in the game and a full bis guild to down Kel'thuzad (Example: Feenix's 3 Million Health Version). *cough*

That being said, the buff isn't required to clear the content. Only to set elitist dps records on raidstats.

There is nothing wrong with that.
Twitch Channel. - http://www.twitch.tv/cysthen
Nightninja <Pantheon> Melee Hunter.
Cysthen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by rooik » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:17 pm

repost

<NOPE>
rooik
Grunt
Grunt

by Slicy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:24 pm

What's wrong is the ToU are being arbitraty interpretated without following any logic regarding what is considered allowed or bannable. It's not just about carrots & songflower, there's a bigger picture needing a minimum of logic for players to know if they are at risk or not doing A or B action you would think is perfectly legit in the first place.

- Blizzlike bugs not bannable
- Blizzlike bugs bannable
- Non blizzlike bugs not bannable
- Non blizzlike bugs bannable
Among them, you have bugs reported on the tracker, those who aren't, those not getting fixed and those getting fixed.

I believe with such a large playerbase a list is needed by using these 4 categories. It's complete fog right now.

Inb4 thread locked. I'm not even allowed to view the one I made asking if the WSG lack of LoS mechanic on tree stumps - blizzlike bug through all vanilla patches - would lead to bannable bug abuses or not.
Guess asking simple questions to know if something is tolerated or not is not even welcomed.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Judgeandjuried » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:27 pm

Well the difference here is that Blizzard recognized that tuber or songflower looting was absolutely of no importance. They didn't bother fixing it, OR banning people for it because it literally had no impact on the game.
Judgeandjuried
Grunt
Grunt

by DeeMarie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:43 pm

Slicy wrote:What's wrong is the ToU are being arbitraty interpretated without following any logic regarding what is considered allowed or bannable. It's not just about carrots & songflower, there's a bigger picture needing a minimum of logic for players to know if they are at risk or not doing A or B action you would think is perfectly legit in the first place.

- Blizzlike bugs not bannable
- Blizzlike bugs bannable
- Non blizzlike bugs not bannable
- Non blizzlike bugs bannable
Among them, you have bugs reported on the tracker, those who aren't, those not getting fixed and those getting fixed.

I believe with such a large playerbase a list is needed by using these 4 categories. It's complete fog right now.

It's been like this since Nos opened. No one really knows what can get you banned. Mining nodes that respawn at set intervals? Yep. Premading AV with a Blizzlike mechanic? Yep. Using TradeDispenser? Yep. Industrial level farming? Yep.

I'm surprised people have got this far and yet didn't think 'hmmm does looting like this look a bit dodgy? Maybe we should ask a GM'
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Slicy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:03 pm

So you're expecting every single player to make a gm ticket, wait 1h30 for an answer that is gonna be "I'll have to seek confirmation about this" or to get an answer A from one gm and an answer B from another one, about acts legitly performed since 2005 that were never flagged as a "bit dodgy" before.

You said "Maybe we should ask a GM" ?
I just made one about something I have doubts on, asked the question and I didn't get a clear answer at all. I kindly formulated and explained it on forums and I "don't have permission to view this thread".

There is a huge difference between asking for an answer about something appearing a bit shady and asking for one about every single common aspect of the game since 2005 because the ToU aren't clear enough to cover such precise things. Rather ask for a list of what's allowed now. AFK in IF & raidlog ? Remember what happened last time this happened to a server ?

"It's been like this since Nos opened." Doesn't mean you have to let it go. Especially when your questions to know if that's safe or not, bannable or not are not even getting answered. Consistent lack of logic and transparency in enforcing rules never end up well.

Just look at that image again. Think about what MMO means. Now you get why it was completely allowed during retail until they bothered changing it years after. The fact this server has ToU which have plenty of grey areas even GMs can't draw lines within is the issue here, not players spamming GM tickets every 2 minutes they're playing.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion