why lie tho?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

why lie tho?

by slipry » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:21 pm

Nano wrote:The end result is that these players had multiple warnings on their accounts and were told that any further abuses would result in a permanent loss of their character if they continued to pursue and intentionally use exploits. The players did continue to pursue and intentionally use exploits and were banned as promised. Any further threads on this topic will be locked as it is now considered spam.

Warnings for Harassment have never EVER been related to warnings for abusing bugs or exploiting. If you check my post history from back like 11 months you will see I made a thread asking why a GM was messaging me while I was chat muted and couldnt respond. Tyrael then replied and hid my thread, he then told me my warning would not mean a permanent ban next time I was involved with a GM.

Why are you lying? You permanently banned me for group farming whippers roots with no warnings on my account. Do what you want with your server but lying to your player base to placate their rage is disgusting.
Fuck you.

Pottu wrote:There is no conspiracy, there is no witch hunt and we're not just randomly banning people "for lulz".

http://i.imgur.com/YRAzsDe.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/niJNtf6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T0aV0Bo.png

Hoping to see some more permabans handed out then, I'll be following these players closely. Seeing as GUILD and reputation has no impact on getting banned according to you :)
Last edited by slipry on Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slipry
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: why lie tho?

by Judgeandjuried » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:27 pm

Taking action, punishing and warning has always been prioritized over communicating, and the GMs act as if they are following a strict ruleset that prevents them from doing anything logical

So speaks the ancient prophecy of GRIZZLY. We have been warned and we did not listen.
Judgeandjuried
Grunt
Grunt

by Jurary » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:30 pm

You must have a really low IQ, Slipry.

Taken from your appeal, Daemon's reply:

Hi,

This account has been banned for major bug abuse. We take the abuse of bugs serously on Nostalrius and a sanction has been applied according to our Terms of Use after investigation. The account with character Slipry has been permanently banned for duplicating specific quest items. This ban has been confirmed and will not be lifted.

Regards,
Daemon

Now read the last line in this screenshot again carefully, maybe twice so you understand what it says:

cy@ bruh
^Credits to Sheep @ ED
Jurary
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by slipry » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Nano wrote:The end result is that these players had multiple warnings on their accounts and were told that any further abuses would result in a permanent loss of their character if they continued to pursue and intentionally use exploits. The players did continue to pursue and intentionally use exploits and were banned as promised. Any further threads on this topic will be locked as it is now considered spam.

use ur brain kid they realized they shouldnt have banned us for looting tubers so they lie

fuck off
slipry
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Marskot » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:33 pm

Marskot
Tester

by Sethzer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:33 pm

Pottu wrote:Harm, does the traffic police let you drive past the speed limit when you explain that since the creation of cars, millions of people have violated the speed limits? No they don't.

And how many people have been receiving lifetime imprisonment or execution for speeding in the traffic?
Or are you saying that in your perfect world then people IRL would be serving lifetime punishments in prison for speeding?

There is a thing in Norway called "Sovende Paragraf" which is more or less directly translated to "Sleeping Paragraph" (but I don't know the actual English word for it) which is about laws and regulations that are not used in practice, usually because they were adopted at a time when morale was another.

EDIT: Maybe you should read and follow this policy that Blizzard, the people whom developed and own the very game you are illegally running, runs over just permabanning everyone for even the smallest and silliest reports: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=3#52

"Sorry, let me try to explain more clearly:

Take your average botter. Let's call him... Jim. Jim is an awful person who uses various scripts and/or third party programs to give himself an unfair advantage against other players. We don't like Jim. One day, Jim gets caught, and Blizzard takes action against his account.

Now say, hypothetically, that Jim's account gets permanently closed. Everything he had on that account is now gone forever, and he has no way of getting it back. Now, many players in this case would (and do) just stop playing, but not Jim. Jim decides he still wants to play World of Warcraft, so he buys a new account and starts over fresh. And since Jim's now starting from scratch, he decides he doesn't have much to lose, so he fires up his scripts and third party programs again.

Net result: Jim is still at it. If and when he gets caught again, he just buys another account, and continues to be an awful person.

However, if Jim only gets a temporary suspension, he knows he's getting his account back, so starting over from scratch sounds much less appealing. Jim likes his characters and wants to keep them, so he decides to just wait the suspension out. Once it ends, he really doesn't want to go through that whole ordeal again, so he decides not to risk botting again.

Net result: Jim is a decent guy who made some mistakes and learned from them. We're actually pretty okay with Jim now.

I'm obviously painting a rosy picture here (not everyone responds this way), but I'm just trying to illustrate why suspending accounts tends to result in fewer cheaters long-term than permabanning. Like I said, there's some really interesting psychological shenanigans involved (which are a bit above me, I'm afraid). That's my understanding of how all this works, though.

(Also, apologies to everyone named Jim who is not a filthy cheater. I'm sure you're all lovely.)"

Sure they mainly refer to people using bots on retail and having to spend money on a new account (vs. free unlimited accounts here) but you get the point I hope.
Last edited by Sethzer on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sethzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vathdaar » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:36 pm

These gms are just giving the haters what they want and making a fire with it. They re forgeting their ethic is going in the fire too and the proffesionalism also :)

FEENIX 2.0
<GOD>
Lord of the <Local Ungoro Mafia>
Curator <NOPE>
vathdaar
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Jurary » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:37 pm

slipry wrote:

use ur brain kid they realized they shouldnt have banned us for looting tubers so they lie

fuck off

nononono son, you deserved all of it.
^Credits to Sheep @ ED
Jurary
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Casieqt » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:46 pm

Well, be positiv slipry.
You can play a human warrior now instead of a gnome :)
Don't spam the forums with you dramatic bullshit and try to complain about everything since nostalrius can do what ever they want.

enjoy the time till aq40 release :)

cheers
After looking into your case, I can only say that you're a very naughty boy. - #Pottu 2016
Casieqt
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Keftenk » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:52 pm

Oh nice.

Proof of others "exploiting" this "bug", surely we should see perma-bans on all the people in these images, yes? That'd be the only logical and fair form of justice, right? Or since this was such a common practice perhaps an apology and an official statement should be released. Not to mention if Nost deems this as a "bug" (which its not) and an "exploit" then a proper fix is warranted.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion