why lie tho?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: why lie tho?

by Imbaslap » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:26 pm

Harm wrote:
Imbaslap wrote:I don't see the point of arguing the reasons here.
wow vanilla had loopholes, bugs, and exploits that were not intended to be there, but fixed later on.
Sethzer linked the source of it being fixed in patch 2.0? if it was not bugged or working as intended, then why did they fix it on retail?

private servers reserve the right to make the emulation of WoW the way they see fit for quality of life purposes. I certainly wouldn't want to play here with BRD coffer farming, DM north solo, c'thun glitch(that is still present on retail WoD as we speak) among other unintentional blizzlike bugs.

duplicating an item on stream from what some shrek guy posted just shows that you have 0 idea if that was supposed to be legit or not. where is the bug report? what happened after the AV bans happened? wasn't there a huge fiasco about scouting bots and asking the devs what is allowed and what isn't? did you guys just get comfortable or something? it should've been standard practice sending PMs to the devs/ISVV about specific mechanics within vanilla wow asking if it is considered "exploitive" by gaining an advantage or not.

doesn't hurt to ask bro... but apparently your ego took precedence instead of being logical and asking them. wish you guys a speedy recovery to shit on dreamstate again with the rest of the alliance. I'll personally miss Moo but it's already a sticky situation as is. just do what you guys have been doing and report, report, report and log all the PMs between the devs/gms/testers.. just like the scouting thing with addons.. cmon now.

Are you retarded or just stupid?

did you read the ToU when you started playing here or no?

were you in a coma from the release of the server or no?

considering how many times the community has beaten the dead horse of bans and exploits/bug abuse.. I'm shocked that you guys still don't think logically and just report anything that could be considered an advantage. gaining an item on multiple players EVEN AFTER the whole party loot glitch that nost fixed early on due to scourgestone looting and stuff doesn't ring any bells? its ok to dupe 1 item but not the others?

this isn't blizzard.. stop thinking that everything blizzard allowed is allowed here.. my god, do you just sign contracts without reading them or something? /facepalm

ego > logical thinking.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Taladril » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:28 pm

All this arguing shows just how many cheaters are here, now mad that they can't game the system. Bet you guys multibox too, huh?
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Imbaslap » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Taladril wrote:All this arguing shows just how many cheaters are here, now mad that they can't game the system. Bet you guys multibox too, huh?

apparently it is considered legit and fair if it is blizzlike. even though this is an emulation(mangos).
multiboxxing is allowed on retail. some guy does it on 80 accounts and streams it. blizzlike.
botting is allowed on retail. blizzlike.
skip to cthun's room for transmog items.. blizzlike..

no wonder blizzard won't remake legacy servers.. everyone would be gold cap and winning the game within hours.. +1
Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Harm » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:47 pm

I did read the ToU and I am familiar with how the GM's operate.

If you did something in vanilla and all your friends also did it in vanilla and blizzard never banned a single person for it. Then you come to this server and do the same and most other guilds also do it, you do it for a full year with no mentions of it being a bug/exploit.

Why on earth would I make a ticket to ask if it was bannable when clearly from my experience its not and should not be.

Have you made a ticket to ask if people leeching your Dire Maul buff is an exploit? I dont think blizzard intended for that, clearly a bug and as such doing it is abuse.

Have you ever killed the first boss in Dire Maul north to reset the instance and use the key later? That is definately not intended as you get extra loot from the Tribute chest by bypassing a boss you wwould need to kill in order to progress in the instance.

These are just 2 examples and I could probably come up with many many more.
Now I ask you. Have you made tickets about these things? Im sure you've done them at some point.

My bet is, and let me know if I am wrong. You have not made tickets about this because in your mind it is not bug abuse since for as long as you can remember people have been doing it without any repercussions, so why all of a sudden would it be bannable?

I hope you see where I am going with this.
Harm
Grunt
Grunt

by Rylox » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:47 pm

Truly shocked that this even deserved a ban. Am sorry for your losses.
Enigma - Voorhees - Kyudo - Vergara
Xyrae - Rylox - Hypnotrick
Rylox
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by slipry » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:47 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Insults, spam
slipry
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:53 pm

typical response from Slipry I suppose.

everyone gets hit with the unjust bans. your ban just seemed silly and quite funny to some people but apparently the admins deemed it needed. maybe stop posting on the forums and being so ignorant. this would have prevented that ban.. just saying.

bug reports/PMs to GMs would have supple ammo for an appeal like the whole Ban wave during the herb/mining DYNAMIC RESPAWN issue. some were spared because they reported/logged all messages to the staff.

apparently that is a hard concept for some people. but by all means, shit talk the community.. I'm sure there are most kids out there just trigger happy for spam reporting someone.

oh yeah, that sounds so familiar during the whole world boss bots/scouting.. play smart and stop being a target for other mischevious players.. ego > logical thinking again.

no wonder the entire horde side hates you and some alliance guilds..
again... targeted by people who hate seeing "SLIPRY" shitposting on forums all day..
Last edited by Pottu on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed quote
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Marisi » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:53 pm

Imbaslap wrote:cthun glitch is possible on retail but shall we allow every guild the opportunity to skip to cthun and ignore all the instance? blizzlike bro... lets do it 100% or not.

sometimes blizzlike is a bad thing... in a quality of gameplay..

In what realm of thought do you think this situation is comparable to Overrated editing mpq files to walk through walls and getting their entire guild permabanned? When Nihilum and every other top raiding guild huddled around a Songflower to world buff for Loatheb, they didn't get permabanned, much less a warning, because this is a complete non-issue.

Your posts only highlight the extreme irregularity and inconsistency of Nost GM staff. BRD coffer farming? Bannable. DM tribute farming? Not bannable, went on for months. Multi-looting songflower buff? Bannable. Looting songflower and tubers when these plants had no respawn timer for the first six months of this server? Not bannable!

More importantly, where are the bans for people exploiting explicitly non-blizzlike bugs? Half of all rankers could be seen abusing Scorpid Surprise when it had a bugged 100% proc rate for the first nine months of the server. If ever something was an obvious exploit that had a clear and measurable impact on others, that'd be the one. Where are their bans?

Where are the bans for players exploiting Prismcharm, Gnomish Battle Chicken, Felhound Tracker, or guilds who LOS Chromaggus breath with their MT?

Then there's the whole issue of why Nost GMs have only targeted members of a single guild when members of every raiding guild that bother world buffing prior to a raid have all done this. You'll notice none of them ever thought to report this on the bug tracker, because there was no reason to suspect that anyone would consider this an exploit after Nostalrius deliberately scripted it to be blizzlike.
Marisi
Grunt
Grunt

by Taladril » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:56 pm

Harm wrote:I did read the ToU and I am familiar with how the GM's operate.

If you did something in vanilla and all your friends also did it in vanilla and blizzard never banned a single person for it. Then you come to this server and do the same and most other guilds also do it, you do it for a full year with no mentions of it being a bug/exploit.

Why on earth would I make a ticket to ask if it was bannable when clearly from my experience its not and should not be.

Have you made a ticket to ask if people leeching your Dire Maul buff is an exploit? I dont think blizzard intended for that, clearly a bug and as such doing it is abuse.

Have you ever killed the first boss in Dire Maul north to reset the instance and use the key later? That is definately not intended as you get extra loot from the Tribute chest by bypassing a boss you wwould need to kill in order to progress in the instance.

These are just 2 examples and I could probably come up with many many more.
Now I ask you. Have you made tickets about these things? Im sure you've done them at some point.

My bet is, and let me know if I am wrong. You have not made tickets about this because in your mind it is not bug abuse since for as long as you can remember people have been doing it without any repercussions, so why all of a sudden would it be bannable?

I hope you see where I am going with this.

Lets see. So getting buffs in a dungeon even if you don't clear it is bug abuse? Someone had to clear the dungeon. If you magically get buffs with no boss kill that is an exploit. Otherwise not a bug. It's the same as MCing to get the FR buff in BRS. It's just a clever game mechanic.

Second one - yes probably an exploit. Ideally the key should vanish if you reset the dungeon. That would make sense as it is bypassing content unnaturally. Have I done it? No, so more examples are needed obviously.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Imbaslap » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:57 pm

Marisi wrote:
Imbaslap wrote:cthun glitch is possible on retail but shall we allow every guild the opportunity to skip to cthun and ignore all the instance? blizzlike bro... lets do it 100% or not.

sometimes blizzlike is a bad thing... in a quality of gameplay..

In what realm of thought do you think this situation is comparable to Overrated editing mpq files to walk through walls and getting their entire guild permabanned? When Nihilum and every other top raiding guild huddled around a Songflower to world buff for Loatheb, they didn't get permabanned, much less a warning, because this is a complete non-issue.

Your posts only highlight the extreme irregularity and inconsistency of Nost GM staff. BRD coffer farming? Bannable. DM tribute farming? Not bannable, went on for months. Multi-looting songflower buff? Bannable. Looting songflower and tubers when these plants had no respawn timer for the first six months of this server? Not bannable!

More importantly, where are the bans for people exploiting explicitly non-blizzlike bugs? Half of all rankers could be seen abusing Scorpid Surprise when it had a bugged 100% proc rate for the first nine months of the server. If ever something was an obvious exploit that had a clear and measurable impact on others, that'd be the one. Where are their bans?

Where are the bans for players exploiting Prismcharm, Gnomish Battle Chicken, Felhound Tracker, or guilds who LOS Chromaggus breath with their MT?

Then there's the whole issue of why Nost GMs have only targeted members of a single guild when members of every raiding guild that bother world buffing prior to a raid have all done this. You'll notice none of them ever thought to report this on the bug tracker, because there was no reason to suspect that anyone would consider this an exploit after Nostalrius deliberately scripted it to be blizzlike.

who said anything about modifying a mpq file?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NfFbyLUjyg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-hUNBM6lkU

don't worry, its already been reported to the staff.. no one is gonna ruin the AQ experience for everyone here.

just shows how informed on vanilla wow some people are when most exploits are still present on retail WoD that got ignored. but it's blizzlike...
Last edited by Imbaslap on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion