Question: Other content THAT bugged aswell?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Question: Other content THAT bugged aswell?

by Alterego » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:42 pm

First I have to say that this is no hate-thread or something, I just have this curious question because it is easier for me to say if the chance is there that the server will be released shortly or not.

In the first half of the Open PVP-Event we saw (to be honest) that there are a lot of bugs and things to be fixed in the game. It will probably take a good amount of time to fix everything i PvP properly. Now my question: Is the PvE/Quest/Open World/ in a similar state of developement? I mean that would be 5-10 times the work the Nostalrius team have to do in PvP.

let me add again that i totally believe in this project and I can't wait to finally play "my" character. But still it is an interesting question.
Alterego
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Question: Other content THAT bugged aswell?

by Hatson » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:54 pm

It's a valid concern. There were definitely a lot of bugs in that PvP Test alone.
But they say they're fixing a lot of them right now as we speak, so it is best to test all those bugs again to see if they're still there when the server goes up again for PvP Test numero dos.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Daemon » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Hello,
After this very first open PvP test session, we believe that we have quite good results.
150 people played on Nostalrius this time, for 4 hours, and reported us the bugs they found.
First result: there was no crash during this time, and this is a very good thing after a few months of development.

We now have 52 topics describing possible bugs. We'v just started analyzing every single post. Did you read them ? I don't have precise numbers at the moment, but we have some issues regarding difficulties to connect to the realm (fixed), some major issues that have been fixed during the test itself. The remaining ones are going to get verified and checked vs sources. I can already tell you that all the reported issues are not real bugs.

It will probably take a good amount of time to fix everything i PvP properly.

More than 10 fixes have already been applied since the beginning of the testing session. Don't worry, we will continue :)
Daemon
Administrator
Administrator

by Alterego » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:16 pm

I know that your guys are doing great work (which we all appreciate) and I also know that a few of the reported bugs are just bullshit and not real issues.

but still my question stays unanswered. :cry:
Alterego
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Aquane » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:20 pm

speaking of bugs I'm a bit worried; during Nostalrius beta, iirc, raids that were untested include AQ40, naxx, and I think also Ossirian the Unscarred

are you able to make the bosses good enough without players to test them?
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Trum » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Daemon wrote:
We now have 52 topics describing possible bugs.

And about character "Welcome" during the pvp session? I wisped him for a bug on Inner Focus for priest, no answer.

I have to make a report also or not?
<Phoenix>
Trum
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Aquane » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Trum wrote:
Daemon wrote:
We now have 52 topics describing possible bugs.

And about character "Welcome" during the pvp session? I wisped him for a bug on Inner Focus for priest, no answer.

I have to make a report also or not?

you need to post it on the bug report forums
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:52 am

I think it is simply as some of us tried to tell others before; that the server is not as close to being finished as people think. I kept seeing users not only here, but on other sites thinking Nostalrius was ready to go and should be expecting it any week. But it has to be getting closer. Perhaps when we get closer to release, they will have longer tests. I personally didn't get to do much in the 4 hours I got. A full 24 or 48 hour window would have been better. I would have played more and tested more classes, finding more thing that conflict with my 2 year Classic memory(That's literally all I did in 2005 and 6, is play WoW every day). But even in short windows, they managed to get people to list up many things to fix or investigate. They are not a huge staff, and digging back into 2006 data when the rest of the world has long since moved on, is very time consuming. Many things are just plain lost in time, especially after Cata fucked the game. Having to improvise or make things up when you want to recreate an original product is nasty.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Grungie » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:13 am

Pvp mechanics were less bugged 3 month ago, i'm afraid for the pve content.
Grungie
Grunt
Grunt

by Avshar » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:28 pm

i must say, i am very disappointed as well. After four years of development and two years of beta testing, i was expecting a nearly finished product, with some minor bugs and slight improvements to be done.

However, with all due respect, this looks like a new realm to me. So many bugs, many of them common on nearly every private server. As i am mainly PvE player, i am waiting for pve tests, but the PvP test was bad for me, as it revealed so many bugs on every classes.

Lets hope the bugs will be fixed and we ll get the PvE test ASAP. Moreover, i think that there should be a longer period tests, for example one week, not just a couple of hours.

I dont want to discourage anyone's work here or start flaming, its that i was expecting much much more..
...'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...
Avshar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion