Raids in PvP server?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Raids in PvP server?

by alex81zero » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi everyone!

It's my first time playing in this server, I started in WOTLK and I wanted to try the difficulty and feel of classic WoW. So I created a Prot Warrior, as I always tank in official servers. My question is: I rolled my warrior in the pve server, but I just checked and I see that there's much more people in the PvP server. I'm thinking of moving but, do PvPers raid as well? I'm not 100% sure I'll eventually raid (I'm raiding in official WoW right now so I don't have much time), but I don't want to close that door yet. So, do you guys raid? And PUG?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)
alex81zero
Tester

Re: Raids in PvP server?

by Glitterati » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Are you asking if we raid in a forum full of PUG raid sign ups and the top guilds posting their 30 minute speed run videos? Yes, we raid. All. Day. Long.
Glitterati
Private
Private

by Kelissandra » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:15 pm

do you really think people roll pvp JUST to pvp? XD
Kelissandra - 60 Night Elf Druid
Mourna - 60 Human Rogue
Shaedya - 60 Night Elf Warrior
Kelissandra
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Wrathran » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:49 pm

People roll on a pvp ream for the extra excitement and not for the actual "pvp". 99% of all world pvp is silly ganking anyway but it adds flavor. So to answer your question. Yes.
Wrathran
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by ILikeEggs » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:30 pm

The guilds on the PVP server are better at PVE than the guilds on the PVE server. There are exponentially more guilds raiding on PVP server. If you can live with being ganked constantly while leveling and you enjoy being able to pvp at max level, then join PVP server.
That being said, the population is higher, but it is actually TOO HIGH currently. There are certain times of the day when the lag is pretty intense but most of the time it is lag-free. There's just a fucking TON of people around. PVE server is much closer to an authentic retail vanilla server population-wise, but the best guilds are definitely on PVP server.
Edit: plus there are more raids currently available on PVP server. We have MC, BWL, ZG and all world bosses whereas PVE server is a few patches behind and has not yet launched BWL(ZG comes after BWL). PVP server is slated to drop AQ20 & AQ40 within the next couple of months. Good luck with your decision.
ILikeEggs
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion