Deleted my lvl 50 main video - finally free

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: Deleted my lvl 50 main video - finally free

by Forcerius » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:02 pm

Heycousin! wrote:Back to P99? :D

Now thats a game I miss... but I can only have one timesink.
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wrathran » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Still beats sitting in your garrison...
Wrathran
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by shimiz84 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:56 am

Dr. Doom wrote:Hope it lasts you :) Stay strong and try to instead focus on a new hobby or interest. Being free of videogames is a grand thing to achieve.

Indeed. Once I realized that I spent the past 3 days doing nothing but sitting at my computer farming gold for a krol blade, it really made me question what I'm doing with my life. The only way I could fight the urge to log in is to delete my character. Not gonna quit video games but I'm going to stick to games that aren't such huge time sinks, like CSgo and rocket league. These games I can just play a round or 2 and log off, where as wow has this hypnotic effect that causes you to play for 10 hours straight with no breaks.
shimiz84
Private
Private

by Ifreeth » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:26 pm

Why farming gold?

Why doing "serious" gaming :) ?

Why being competitive?

I never understood such drive... been playing this game for over 11 year and I barely ever spent 3h in one session. There is so much stuff to enjoy here besides being "that OP guy".

Try to look at it this way: "You will get it one day, why does it have to be tomorrow?"

I always preferred vanilla wow because it was so casual. For me this is most casual game ever.
Gear is hard to come by and thats why after you get that epic thing you feel awesome.
How does it make casual game then?? Well, none is actually forcing you to get that cuz it's pretty damn long road to get it.

In many other games there is 0 excuse of not having that BiS, cuz it piss easy to get it.
Here only preparations take longer time period than getting those BiS items in other games.

That's why vanilla wow is casual for me.
You REALLY don't have to force yourself to grind stuff... just play the game when you feel like it. None will ever judge you...

Things change if you are in some elitist guild which aims for being top in every damn aspect... which is silly for me. Being top in a GAME... lol, go die please. As soon as you logout your "achievements" are irrelevant and you are left with your real life issues.

Game is game and should be treated like one.
Right now, i'm not even playing as 60 lol... I enjoy my 2-3h gaming sessions on my lv19 twink running around the world trying to stay alive... (not on Nost tho... can't lock xp here)

Good luck with whatever you gonna do in future ;)
Ifreeth
Tester

by Truuue » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:45 am

Never understood why people delete toons out of rage
Truuue
Private
Private

by shimiz84 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:11 am

Truuue wrote:Never understood why people delete toons out of rage

Didn't feel rage man. Honestly felt kinda good, like I was removing my shackles. I didn't do it on an impulse. I had been thinking about quitting for a while now. I often wonder where I'd be in life if I had never gotten into video games, and instead of spending those thousands of hours playing games, learned a skill that would earn me respect and happiness. If I didn't delete my character, I would just log on the next day once I lost my motivation to change. Now that my character is deleted, I have no desire at all to log back in.
shimiz84
Private
Private

by Lee » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:44 am

shimiz84 wrote:
like I was removing my shackles.

Now you'll spend thousands of hours wandering the forums necroing this thread
Lee
Private
Private

by bleik » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:48 am

shimiz84 wrote:

Didn't feel rage man. Honestly felt kinda good, like I was removing my shackles. I didn't do it on an impulse. I had been thinking about quitting for a while now. I often wonder where I'd be in life if I had never gotten into video games, and instead of spending those thousands of hours playing games, learned a skill that would earn me respect and happiness. If I didn't delete my character, I would just log on the next day once I lost my motivation to change. Now that my character is deleted, I have no desire at all to log back in.

But you somehow managed to find time to make a video, upload it and seek attention on the forums for it(your new distraction). Why did you bother? Shouldnt you be out changing your life already?

Truth is, if you have to delete your character to stop playing, the level of discipline you have is close to zero and that is the reason why you do not succeed in life. You will just find another distraction soon enough - and you will be back to square one.

Stop seeking attention and rather train your discipline. Manage to have fun with a hobby while still setting your own time limits and prioritizing the important real life work.

Hope you manage to turn your life around and become happy with yourself - however do not seek the simple solution of blaming videogames(or other hobbies). The problem is with you and your inability to be strict with yourself. Be honest with yourself and work on becoming better :)
bleik
Private
Private

by shimiz84 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:10 am

bleik wrote:
shimiz84 wrote:

But you somehow managed to find time to make a video, upload it and seek attention on the forums for it(your new distraction). Why did you bother? Shouldnt you be out changing your life already?

Truth is, if you have to delete your character to stop playing, the level of discipline you have is close to zero and that is the reason why you do not succeed in life. You will just find another distraction soon enough - and you will be back to square one.

Stop seeking attention and rather train your discipline. Manage to have fun with a hobby while still setting your own time limits and prioritizing the important real life work.

Hope you manage to turn your life around and become happy with yourself - however do not seek the simple solution of blaming videogames(or other hobbies). The problem is with you and your inability to be strict with yourself. Be honest with yourself and work on becoming better :)

No matter how much discipline you have, if you're placed in an environment where it's made easier to recede into old habits, you're going to be more likely to do it. If you surround a cocaine addict with a lifetime supply of cocaine, for instance, would it be a display of a lack of discipline if you were to remove all cocaine from the environment, or should you just keep the cocaine there to train his discipline? I think getting rid of the cocaine would be an act of discipline in itself, because you're choosing to waste something that used to have meaning to you for your own betterment. It's the same with deleting a character. I spent at least a hundred hours leveling that character, and it takes discipline to willingly get rid of something you invested a lot of time in.

I'm not saying you should strictly avoid any hobby that isn't 100% productive in any way, because it is good to relax every once in a while, but world of warcraft, especially vanilla, wasn't designed in such a way that you're encouraged to only play in moderation. I know a lot of people will get upset that I'm criticizing their hobby and naturally don't want to hear it, but WoW was designed from the ground up to keep milking a subscription fee. Almost every accomplishment in the game takes massive investments of time. Like I said, I can play another game for just an hour and feel pretty satisfied. With wow, an hour is hardly any time at all, since the game was designed for longevity and hence addiction.

I'm not worried about spending 10 minutes posting on a forum. That's a grain of sand in comparison to the amount of time I've played wow. It's insignificant, and again, obviously anyone who tries to be 100% productive with every second of their time is going to go crazy, so breaks from productive activity aren't necessarily a bad thing.

You could call any post on a forum attention seeking, because that's what any forum post accomplishes. You're drawing attention to yourself right now by even replying to this topic. And people tend to assume that when you do something outlandish, you're more likely doing it for attention than anything else. Initially I just made the video because I thought some people would be entertained by seeing character carnage, similarly to how people are entertained by watching videos of smartphones get destroyed. Now I'm just posting for the entertainment of debate and conversation. I don't have any sort of identity associated with this account, so attention is useless to me.
shimiz84
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion