Nature resistance

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Nature resistance

by milliondollar » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:33 am

Hello, i have question i hope the community can help. So for specially Huhuran fight what is the NR soakers should aim with nost gear patching. Is it 315 (255 gear + 60 aura/totem) or is 240 (180 gear + 60 aura/totem enough)? And follow up question; how does the resistance work here in vanilla/nost is there differense with 314 NR and 240 NR or is the "cap"s what aim?

315 NR = 75% dmg reduction
240 NR = 50% dmg reduction

So is there any reason to be somewhere between?
milliondollar
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Nature resistance

by Setup » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:49 am

1) Leather classes will be limited to 200-220 NR because there isn't going to be leather craftables yet. Mail-wearing soakers can get 250+. That's pretty much where to aim.

2) Resistances work the opposite way armor does. With resistances, your first points are worth very little, but each additional point is more valuable than the last. That means you get WAY more protection going from 200 to 250 resistance compared to going 0 to 50 resistance.

As your resistances go up, you adjust the chances that when you're attacked, that attack will be a 100% resist, a 75% resist, a 50% resist, a 25% resist, or a 0% resist. Resistances do not provide flat mitigation, they only adjust the chance regarding what type of resist you'll get when you're attacked. That means with 315 resistances and with a little bit of bad luck, you can still take full damage from a spell.

Here are the hard numbers, if you care: http://i.imgur.com/vLl0SY2.gif
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Nature resistance

by Synesthesia » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:56 am

Synesthesia - 60 Dwarf Priest
Synesthesia
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion