PSA: Ferals Stop Using +Wep Dmg

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: PSA: Ferals Stop Using +Wep Dmg

by Dr. Doom » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:22 am

stimz wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:This was already sorted out several times before and clarified by Pottu:

Specific weapon enchants shouldn't affect a shapeshifted druid. After all, he's fighting with claws and teeth, not the weapon.
All weapon bonuses, or bonuses that are a direct addition to stats, affect shapeshifted damage since claws and teeth count as unarmed, and unarmed also reaps a benefit from these items.

I personally think this server is too far from blizzlike to nitpick things that aren't worth nerfing, I'm just saying that losing those enchants is pretty fkn huge for a spec that already doesn't shine with them, at least a 60.

If that's the logic then we should all be pushing for dual spec, summoning stone portals, mount at level 20, because, ya know, this server ain't 100% blizzlike, why not screw it even further?

The damage output of feral druids and their e-peen means squat in comparison to fixing unintended mechanics.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by stimz » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:28 am

Dr. Doom wrote:
stimz wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:This was already sorted out several times before and clarified by Pottu:

Specific weapon enchants shouldn't affect a shapeshifted druid. After all, he's fighting with claws and teeth, not the weapon.
All weapon bonuses, or bonuses that are a direct addition to stats, affect shapeshifted damage since claws and teeth count as unarmed, and unarmed also reaps a benefit from these items.

I personally think this server is too far from blizzlike to nitpick things that aren't worth nerfing, I'm just saying that losing those enchants is pretty fkn huge for a spec that already doesn't shine with them, at least a 60.

If that's the logic then we should all be pushing for dual spec, summoning stone portals, mount at level 20, because, ya know, this server ain't 100% blizzlike, why not screw it even further?

The damage output of feral druids and their e-peen means squat in comparison to fixing unintended mechanics.

I don't play a druid nor do I currently play with one. I do have a paladin, which since day 1 has had consecration scale with AP(not blizzlike), has 43% instead of 74%(around there) SP scaling even at rank 1 which is a level 1 skill(not blizzlike), seal of the crusader which does not reduce physical damage by 40% but still gives the speed bonus, this is actually blizzlike but was fixed in one of the first release patches. This is just from a class I play and I don't play much. I also know that crusader enchant does not proc on hamstring, which it should. I'm told WF totem doesn't either, which it should. So many major broken mechanics and slowly fixing an inconsequential one that is literally a year old is kind of strange to me.

Also, it took about 9 months to fix 100% self poison rate from scorpid muffins and you can still cast through line of sight anywhere within range that you can see the ground with any GTAOE. Pretty sure net projector didn't have a 99% success rate in vanilla either.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Keftenk » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:56 am

There are a lot of class bugs that have yet to be fixed since last year. As well as incorrectly implemented class "bugs". A lot of these are probably low priority, thus the long delay on the fixes, but this is Nost. So I suppose its expected at the same time.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Grayclaw » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:24 pm

Long story short...if you cast consecrate, you should probably be banned just like a druid for using +wep dmg enchants/stones.
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

by Dr. Doom » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:35 pm

stimz wrote:I don't play a druid nor do I currently play with one. I do have a paladin, which since day 1 has had consecration scale with AP(not blizzlike), has 43% instead of 74%(around there) SP scaling even at rank 1 which is a level 1 skill(not blizzlike), seal of the crusader which does not reduce physical damage by 40% but still gives the speed bonus, this is actually blizzlike but was fixed in one of the first release patches. This is just from a class I play and I don't play much. I also know that crusader enchant does not proc on hamstring, which it should. I'm told WF totem doesn't either, which it should. So many major broken mechanics and slowly fixing an inconsequential one that is literally a year old is kind of strange to me.

Also, it took about 9 months to fix 100% self poison rate from scorpid muffins and you can still cast through line of sight anywhere within range that you can see the ground with any GTAOE. Pretty sure net projector didn't have a 99% success rate in vanilla either.

This is true, Nostalrius is full of bugs in plenty of areas, and thank you for mentioning engi gadgets:
Check this one where I participated at length, adding links to vanilla guides and forum threads of the time: https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=845
This was reported in May 2015 and has yet to even be confirmed in spite of the mountain of links I have added.

However, the server being riddled with bugs in many areas means that we should try to do as much as we can for them to get fixed over time, even if it takes an ungodly amount of waiting to do so.
It doesn't mean we should take the attitude of "well, other things are bugged, don't fix this please". That's just counterproductive for everyone in the long term. I welcome any fix to any area, whether that buffs the damage of classes who were previously gimped, or nerfs the damage of classes who receive unfair perks/bonuses.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Blib » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:19 pm

Justifying bugs with other bugs, what kind of logic is that?
238 ap is like 119 of their mainstat. That's huge
Blib
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Keftenk » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:56 pm

Blib wrote:Justifying bugs with other bugs, what kind of logic is that?
238 ap is like 119 of their mainstat. That's huge

A bit less. STR is 2.4ap for Feral.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Theloras » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:01 pm

Grayclaw wrote:Long story short...if you cast consecrate, you should probably be banned just like a druid for using +wep dmg enchants/stones.

orly?

with that logic, you would literally have to ban every single Paladin who has EVER played on Nostalrius or even thought about playing here...

you putting +9 weapon dmg and weightstone on your weapon is a personal CHOICE that you yourself make in favour of multiple other CHOICES

a Paladin using Consecration as part of his DPS rotation isn't a choice, it's out of sheer blizzlike necessity from Vanilla > TBC > WotLK

it was only during Cataclysm that Blizzard removed Consecration from a Paladin's DPS rotation.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Istaria » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:20 pm

with Zandalar and kings, it comes to 3 ap / 1 str, so strength is still king.
Shanyatral / Istaria, Guild Master of <Theorycraft>
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Grayclaw » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:52 am

Feral druids should apologize for breaking the game and ruining your vanilla experience. I for one am sorry.
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion