Open it now?!! x)

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: Open it now?!! x)

by Nanobyte » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:04 pm

I'm not so active on forums, i created this account hoping that this will help opening the server faster, 170 forum accounts in less than a week, dunno what the expectations are for minimum no. of players to start the server, but not everyone is making forum accounts. I'm checking K....s progress too, and i think i will join the one that's opening faster, and its hard to change to another server after you invest some precious time in leveling a character. Advertising can be made after launch too, there are vote sites, btw, server description in top.org is still in french, a vote system at least while we wait, even if it is without rewards, ppl maybe will vote. I want action, not dreaming on forums, like corecraft ( funny part - there are topics on their forums: "Where do we play while we wait" maybe we can make on here too :)).
Nanobyte
Tester

by NerZhulen » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Opening nostalrius few days before or shortly after warlords of draenor launch will not happend.
NerZhulen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by bellerophon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:36 am

While it should not be rushed, and quality beats everything out in the end, Nolstarius explicitly claims they are ready content-wise ("more than playable"), and just doing minor bug-fixes at this point (and it can never be literally 100% bug-free anyway). Given that, I agree with the ones who say it's better to release sooner than later; I'll certainly go with whichever releases first, and since Kronos isn't ready to release yet, while Nolstarius is, Nolstarius would do well to take advantage of their position.

That is not to say it should literally "open it now" -- initial population is also important, and we probably want to wait a few weeks for advertising. However, it would make advertising much easier if we had a release date now. While there is the risk that we might not be able to attract enough people before the release date (and once you set the date, it's hard to go back on your words), if we did have a concrete release date, that fact alone would set it apart from Kronos or any other project and attract attention. I'd say, maybe announce a release date in the following week, if we get enough subscribers/forum accounts to have some guarantee that the server won't be dead; I wager that once there is a release date, interest in this server will exponentially increase.
bellerophon
Grunt
Grunt

by dranakale » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:17 pm

Please release !!! i'm dying !!!
dranakale
Tester

Previous

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion