General's Warcry in AV

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

General's Warcry in AV

by Imbaslap » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:25 am

I don't recall testing the Armor Scrap quest in an AV during the PvP beta test weekend, but I was browsing through some old patch notes and stumbled on this:
http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_1.11.0
in patch 1.11.0, they incorporated a buff that is 2 minutes long to all players of the faction after completing each stage of the armor scrap quest and upgrading the troops.

"Upgrading troops through armor scrap turn-ins will also now result in your team's General enabling a periodic buff to your melee and spell damage.

◾ This buff scales from 10% at the Seasoned unit level, 20% at the Veteran unit level, and 30% at the Champion unit level. "

so this is how it should go technically:
Seasoned Units (500 armor scraps):
- Increases certain NPC efficiency (graveyard guards, mine guards and patrolling guards)
- Gives players a 10% damage and size increase buff periodically for 2 minutes (Vanndar Stormpike will yell when it is given) General's Warcry

Veteran Units (1000 armor scraps):
- Increases certain NPC efficiency further
- Gives players a 20% damage and size increase buff periodically for 2 minutes General's Warcry

Champion Units (1500 armor scraps):
- Increases NPC efficiency by the most it can be increased
- Gives players a 30% damage and size increase buff periodically for 2 minutes General's Warcry

Did anyone test if this was already implemented or the Armor Scrap quest to be scripted fully?
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Re: General's Warcry in AV

by regstormy » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:00 am

I was aware of all this information but sadly i never saw the guards upgraded. I dont think anyone was bothering to hand in their scraps!!! would be good to get some confirmation off the dev about this though.
regstormy
Private
Private

by Avshar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:22 am

regstormy wrote:I was aware of all this information but sadly i never saw the guards upgraded. I dont think anyone was bothering to hand in their scraps!!! would be good to get some confirmation off the dev about this though.

Scraps were not dropping correctly during the test.. We need another pvp test just for av testing purposes ;-)
...'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...
Avshar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by mrmr » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:33 am

Avshar wrote:We need another pvp test just for av testing purposes ;-)

Keyword here is "testing".

Last PvP test was awful.
We had like 40/50/60 players inside AV and no one was really testing anything (maybe 3/4 people total).
Just a bunch of "kids" mid-zerging.

Please, if another test like this happens.....PLEASE, make sure people are testing...and not "playing" it.
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Insignia » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:44 pm

mrmr wrote:
Avshar wrote:We need another pvp test just for av testing purposes ;-)

Keyword here is "testing".

Last PvP test was awful.
We had like 40/50/60 players inside AV and no one was really testing anything (maybe 3/4 people total).
Just a bunch of "kids" mid-zerging.

Please, if another test like this happens.....PLEASE, make sure people are testing...and not "playing" it.

Oh please, define what you mean by testing instead of "playing" it, in terms of PvP.

It's a test to figure out if the class mechanics and abilities are working as intended.
Regardless of wether it's zerging in an area or a controlled enviroment of dueling, abilities are still being mashed and the core handling the actions.
Rogue God
Insignia
Grunt
Grunt

by Drain » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:01 am

You can't force everyone to test as opposed to just quietly playing for their own benefit. In the end, you just have to be happy people showed up at all, showing interest in the server, providing enemies to fight, and more importantly, popping BGs for "us" to use. It was difficult to even get AVs because there weren't enough players. This is a bigger problem than not having enough testers hunting for and reporting issues. What we needed were MORE "kids" zerging. That would have solved the problem and allowed us testers to actually test. Warm bodies on the field are better than empty slots. I did all I could in the 4 hours I had, but that wasn't much time, and as said, just having AVs pop at all was difficult. When we did get AVs, they kept ending prematurely due to not having enough players, which prevents you from testing long term effects such as quest turn ins and boss summons. I did see the wolf riders spawn 1 time, and I think that was it. It doesn't matter how many or few people want to actually test something if the match doesn't last long enough to allow it. But still, it was a productive test. A great deal of issues across the classes and AV were reported.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mrmr » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Drain wrote:You can't force everyone to test as opposed to just quietly playing for their own benefit. In the end, you just have to be happy people showed up at all, showing interest in the server, providing enemies to fight, and more importantly, popping BGs for "us" to use. It was difficult to even get AVs because there weren't enough players. This is a bigger problem than not having enough testers hunting for and reporting issues. What we needed were MORE "kids" zerging. That would have solved the problem and allowed us testers to actually test. Warm bodies on the field are better than empty slots. I did all I could in the 4 hours I had, but that wasn't much time, and as said, just having AVs pop at all was difficult. When we did get AVs, they kept ending prematurely due to not having enough players, which prevents you from testing long term effects such as quest turn ins and boss summons. I did see the wolf riders spawn 1 time, and I think that was it. It doesn't matter how many or few people want to actually test something if the match doesn't last long enough to allow it. But still, it was a productive test. A great deal of issues across the classes and AV were reported.

Yeah, you saw the raiders cause I tamed all the wolves...

...if you get killed ten times, always from the same player....even if you didn't attack him once....that's not testing...that's playing....
He was a hunter....and more than once, he autoshotted me to death...that's not what I call "pvp" mechanics...isn't it?

I tried to reach Snowfall to check were Korrak was....guess what? I was killed every single time, without even attacking.
After some time I just /afk out...can't be arsed to partecipate in a "PvP TEST" when noone but me is actually testing.
Sorry, but you do NOT test killing non-hostile-testers...without even using your abilities.
The same goes for the "mid zerg"....tell me, what do you understand with that?
You wanna test your abilities? well, then you shouldn't be zerging mid-AV, but instead set up proper duels with wanna-test-too players.

Also, it's an AV-PvP-test? well, then lower the required players to 10...5...whatever...if you fear you cannot do a "normal" 20vs20 one.

The test was 4+4 hours long....and NO ONE tested reinforcements? NO ONE tried to see if lieutenants/general/troops respawns? How many tried to go in a cave and loot crates or get control for it?
Why NO ONE tried to free the Warmasters? Aerial Attacks? Ivus The Forest Lord? Lokholar the Ice Lord?
How many tried to get on a shredder?
Did you even try to test Balinda and/or Galvangar?
What about Drek'thar and Vanndar?

I will tell you once more....if that's the "quality" of testing on Nostalrius, I will just sit out for the upcoming tests.
Last edited by mrmr on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Avshar » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:52 pm

indeed, this requires a special dedicated group of lets say 10+10 players and let them inside the AV to check and test everything that needs to be tested. without any mid zerg pvp hungry people to slow down the progress.
...'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...
Avshar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Lowering the population requirement or letting players enter it freely(ie 5 vs 0) could have solved the problem. Maybe they will remove the requirement next time so AVs persist until it actually ends with a general death. I don't even know if the flying NPCs are working. You're supposed to rescue them at certain points around the map, 3 per faction, and then do something(a quest?) to get them to go bomb the other faction.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mrmr » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:49 am

Drain wrote:Lowering the population requirement or letting players enter it freely(ie 5 vs 0) could have solved the problem. Maybe they will remove the requirement next time so AVs persist until it actually ends with a general death. I don't even know if the flying NPCs are working. You're supposed to rescue them at certain points around the map, 3 per faction, and then do something(a quest?) to get them to go bomb the other faction.

In order to dispatch these "Aerial Support Whatever" you need to free at least one of the warmasters, captive in enemy territory (two are inside towers, one in another spot...always behind enemy lines).
At this point the warmaster start running toward your own base (defending him/her/self if players attack...not sure he/she should aggro on proximity). If he/she makes it, then he/she will start offering a turn-in quest, like the armorscraps/blood/crystals turns-in.
Each warmaster will need specific items dropped by other players. Once you turn-in enough of these items, he will offer some help....that's the (various) Aerial Support.

This, anyway, in the test-environment of the last couldn't possibly be tested.

Not sure tho if players should drop such items even before the warmaster is freed (I suppose so...)
Not sure how different Aerial_Support should behave either (I guess they differ by the zone they cover, while attacking).

....and this is just one of the mechanic....
Last edited by mrmr on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion