How is questing in Vanilla?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

How is questing in Vanilla?

by Gunnis » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 pm

I have been hearing a lot about questing and there are many points where you would want to be more than one person. So it seems to me that vanilla makes for a good place to co level, 2 or 3 guys, or even better 2 groups 1 with 2 and other 3 so you can do Dungs for some gear and quests to finish.

Also when leveling, do you want to drag professions with you? I normally level Mining+Herb+Fishing&Cooking at the same time when leveling, is that valid or will it take looong?
Gunnis
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: How is questing in Vanilla?

by Thrashing » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:13 pm

There aren't really enough comfortable and well located quests in the game to reach 60 with purely questing. For this reason I wouldn't recommend grouping up for every quest. However there are group quests in basicly every zone that often do require groups.

Instances are a good way to gear up a bit, but if we're speaking strictly experience then it's often not worth doing them more than once. This first time being to complete all the quests in said instance.

That being said, if you have people that you enjoy playing with, why not group with them anyway. It might be a little slower but it might be more fun for you. Personally however, I prefer to just sit on teamspeak with guildies or chat with them in guild chat while playing, because I feel constantly being grouped is too detrimental to my leveling process.

Regarding professions, I would recommend trying to keep your professions up to date, possibly excluding fishing. For the other professions (except maybe cooking) you should get enough recourses while questing/grinding/travelling anyway so that you do not have to spend a large amount of extra time searching for nodes or mobs.
Thrashing
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Gunnis » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:22 pm

Thrashing wrote:Regarding professions, I would recommend trying to keep your professions up to date, possibly excluding fishing. For the other professions (except maybe cooking) you should get enough recourses while questing/grinding/travelling anyway so that you do not have to spend a large amount of extra time searching for nodes or mobs.

Now, the reason I normally take cooking and fishing is that they unlock extra quests and the buffs from food seems to be awesome when every mob wants you dead. From what I have tried on other vanilla servers, every mob in vanilla is Murlock like, you run and scream when there are more than one :P Anyways, don't know how many quests you unlock with cooking and such but I believe there is like 10-20 at least.
Gunnis
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Shaggoth » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:19 am

Gunnis wrote: you run and scream when there are more than one :P

Unless you're a warlock
PRAISE THE SUN \ o /

Beta-tester :
Shaggoth - warrior tank
Drokhun - shaman heal
Morfodion - warlock unstuff