Stance on harassment?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Stance on harassment?

by Thella » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:39 am

Just asking generally here if anyone knows, do the GM's take any action against personal harassments? Such as verbal (sexual, violent etc) harassment in whispers or ingame mail ? Or is it overlooked and allowed?
Thella
Private
Private

Re: Stance on harassment?

by Garfunkel » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:58 am

Take a screenshot, upload to imgur.com. Report in-game via the stuck function of help. Give link to GM. Put player on ignore.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Eulderink » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:05 pm

VI - Sanctions

Warnings regarding accounts are saved and archived. Some sanctions can be applied without any previous warning. It will depend on the case and its seriousness.

List of sanctions that can be applied on Nostalrius :

A - Warning : For minor sanction, a warning is first given to inform a player about the rules and warn him about future sanctions.

Examples :
Spam,
Abuse of public discussion channel for private matters,
Irrelevant subject,
Re-open a closed forum subject from moderator by creating a new thread,
Insults, taunts or "trolls"
Publication of a message in the forum in the wrong section

B - In-game mute : Disable the chat of a player who had already received a warning.

C - Account interruption for 3 hours : Given to player who had already received a warning. It is used to reinforce warnings and to sanction a violation of the rules.

Examples :
Repeating offense after warning,
Abuse of assistance system (forum or in-game),
Racist or offensive sentiments,
Lack of respect towards the server or the staff members,
Using color changing scripts in-game,
Player harassment,
Going in forbidden / not-released areas.
Eulderink
Grunt
Grunt

by macgarthur » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:20 pm

/ignore them, not very difficult. Now if they just make new characters to keep it up then report it. Don't take everything so seriously.
macgarthur
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by CapnPrat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:36 pm

macgarthur wrote:/ignore them, not very difficult. Now if they just make new characters to keep it up then report it. Don't take everything so seriously.

There's only 25 ignore slots, and ignoremore and similar addons don't seem to work. I filled that list before this toon was level 20. If you find an ignore addon that works, please let me know.
CapnPrat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Shiggs13 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:41 pm

CapnPrat wrote:There's only 25 ignore slots, and ignoremore and similar addons don't seem to work. I filled that list before this toon was level 20. If you find an ignore addon that works, please let me know.

Lol how? Were all these guys spamming you directly?
Shiggs13
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aunstic » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:44 pm

CapnPrat wrote:
macgarthur wrote:/ignore them, not very difficult. Now if they just make new characters to keep it up then report it. Don't take everything so seriously.

There's only 25 ignore slots, and ignoremore and similar addons don't seem to work. I filled that list before this toon was level 20. If you find an ignore addon that works, please let me know.

Download the addon "SpamThrottle" located in this thread: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 50&p=47791 ... it has a clientside ignore list that has unlimited amount of ignore slots and allows you to block keywords as well if you wish to add those to the list. It's very helpful and I recommend it as the default keyword blocks are thunderfury and "anal" which can also be removed if you wish to see those messages in your chat. All of this can be done via the "/st" command to bring up the SpamThrottle window.
Aunstic
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion