Buff/Pot/Scroll Stacking

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Buff/Pot/Scroll Stacking

by Freak » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:10 pm

Does anyone have a reliable source about what Buffs/Pots/Scrolls should stack with eachother? My memory is corrupted by too many private servers.
Raidleader and Founder of <Molten Core Swimteam>
www.mc-swimteam.eu
Freak
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Buff/Pot/Scroll Stacking

by SnowFlakes » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Scrolls are out of the picture atleast, it's blizzlike so they don't stack with Elixirs/buffs.
oh, ok.
SnowFlakes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Uzephi » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RpqjIFbQYw

I see no scroll buffs, but do see some pot stacking. That is a min/max guild killing Kel'Thuzad on retail. Hope that sheds some light on some things that can stack.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Youfie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:57 pm

Basically, Elixirs that give +Stat don't stack with class buffs that give +X to that same stat. Only the highest is applied to your character, even though you might see both of them on your character buff list.

This means Elixir of the Sages doesn't stack with Priest's Spirit buff, Elixir of Intellect doesn't with Mage's +Int, +spirit Crystal from Un'Goro buff doesn't stack with Priest Spirit, etc.

Elixir that have +X to the same stat don't stack with each other either.

The Elixir that grants Strength & Stam has its stam nullified by the priest Stam buff being higher, and his +Str component is also useless if you use the Elixir of Giants (higher +Str, no stack).

This also means Mongoose & +Agility elixir don't Stack. Superior Arcane Elixir doesn't stack with the regular Arcane Elixir.

Scrolls don't stack with class buffs, you're supposed to have an error message stating "a more powerful spell is already active" (not in the cases above).

+Str Juju doesn't Stack with Elixir of Giants, nor does the +AP one with Winterfall Firewater or the +int one with Mage Intellect.

+25 Buffs from Blasted Lands stack with everything, and so do the +50 Stam / Spirit buff from ZG (and, of course, Flasks).

Regarding foods, you can only have one "Well Fed" buff on you, and only one "Alcool" (e.g. +Stam Rhum).

Can't remember exactly regarding food that give +Stat (e.g. +10 Int from DM, +Stam from Felwood or +Agi from regular cooking) without actually being Well Fed buffs, I *think* I remember researched carried out during beta showed they were sorta merged with Well Fed buffs by Blizzard at some point during Vanilla even though they didn't actually had the same name, and thus didn't stck with them.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Freak » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:03 am

Youfie wrote:Basically, Elixirs that give +Stat don't stack with class buffs that give +X to that same stat. Only the highest is applied to your character, even though you might see both of them on your character buff list.

This means Elixir of the Sages doesn't stack with Priest's Spirit buff, Elixir of Intellect doesn't with Mage's +Int, +spirit Crystal from Un'Goro buff doesn't stack with Priest Spirit, etc.

Elixir that have +X to the same stat don't stack with each other either.

The Elixir that grants Strength & Stam has its stam nullified by the priest Stam buff being higher, and his +Str component is also useless if you use the Elixir of Giants (higher +Str, no stack).

This also means Mongoose & +Agility elixir don't Stack. Superior Arcane Elixir doesn't stack with the regular Arcane Elixir.

Scrolls don't stack with class buffs, you're supposed to have an error message stating "a more powerful spell is already active" (not in the cases above).

+Str Juju doesn't Stack with Elixir of Giants, nor does the +AP one with Winterfall Firewater or the +int one with Mage Intellect.

+25 Buffs from Blasted Lands stack with everything, and so do the +50 Stam / Spirit buff from ZG (and, of course, Flasks).

Regarding foods, you can only have one "Well Fed" buff on you, and only one "Alcool" (e.g. +Stam Rhum).

Can't remember exactly regarding food that give +Stat (e.g. +10 Int from DM, +Stam from Felwood or +Agi from regular cooking) without actually being Well Fed buffs, I *think* I remember researched carried out during beta showed they were sorta merged with Well Fed buffs by Blizzard at some point during Vanilla even though they didn't actually had the same name, and thus didn't stck with them.

Thanks for your Information, sounds valid atleast, do you by any chance have a source?

Also: Whats with Paladin Auras? Currently the Fire Aura only gives 60-MotW, I think that it should fully stack.
Raidleader and Founder of <Molten Core Swimteam>
www.mc-swimteam.eu
Freak
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:13 pm

The +Resist from Aura & GotW shouldn't stack, nope :(. Both however stack with the +80-ish FR buff from LBRS.

Regarding sources, to be honest other players and I have already provided many of them to the Dev team years ago. It's a tedious work, and I'm not trying convince anyone here since I was just stating how things currently work.

If I find something wrong in the future, I'll provide sources to the staff for them to fix it.
A fair number of my previous statements can be proven true with pretty basic google search with a date filter. For some others, videos might be necessary, so you might want to subscribe a warcraftmovies.com premium account :D.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion