Addon help

Addon help

by Seasons » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:12 am

Hello everyone, still new to the forums so apologizes if this is in the wrong section.

I'm trying to install some addons from the forums here. I've downloaded and unzipped the files, and can not get them to work for some reason.
I've had them not in the Nostalrius folder, I've put them into the Nostalrius folder, I've put them into the interface folder, I've created a "AddOns" folder inside the interface folder (since there wasn't one to begin with) and still not working.

This is driving me crazy, I don't know why I can't get this to work. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you
Seasons
Tester

Re: Addon help

by Snow240 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:22 am

Hey Seasons,

When you're at the character screen, do you see an Addons button on the bottom left? If so than click it and check to load out of date addons and see if your addons are listed there.

If not than they may be inside of an extra folder such as WoWFolder\Interface\Addons\Addon1\Addon1\Addon1.lua and should instead look like WoWFolder\Interface\Addons\Addon1\Addon1.lua

The structure needs to look like this:
WoWFolder
-Interface
--Addons
---Addon1
----Addon1.lua
---Addon2
----Addon2.lua
etc...
Snow240
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Seasons » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:31 am

There is no AddOns button at the bottom left when I'm on the character select screen.

So it does look like my addons are in a 2nd folder
AddOn1/AddOn1/AddOn1.lua

should I take all the files, or just the .lua files, and place them inside the first Addon1 folder by themselves?
Seasons
Tester

by Snow240 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:43 am

Please post a screenshot of your addons folder and include the path on the top and the addons such as:
Snow240
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Seasons » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:55 am

I was able to get them work now!! I uninstalled all of the addons, went back to the zip folders to unzip and extracted to my hard drives' download folder.
I went into that second folder: AddOn1\AddOn1, copied what was inside to the Interface\AddOn folder, and it's all working!

Thank you very very much for the help Snow!! :) :) :)
Seasons
Tester

Return to Addons & macros