Bartender trouble. Help!

Bartender trouble. Help!

by xylopsyche » Thu May 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Ok. I'm hoping for some tech help here. I installed Bartender2. It loaded fine and all but I accidentally removed the configure icon from my mini map. Couldn't figure out how to get it back. I deleted then reinstalled bartender and it still wasn't coming back. I tried going through several /bar commands but couldn't find it. I even went as far as removing and reinstalling wow and a freshly unzipped bartender and still no minimap icon. And now Im getting a error message when I try and load it ...something about Dreamylayout/bar 1 error. Anyone familiar with this?
xylopsyche
Tester

Re: Bartender trouble. Help!

by TaurenRogue » Fri May 22, 2015 12:31 am

bartender has no minimap icon afaik in vanilla version (bartender 2)
so there's 2 ways to configure it:
1) /bar commands which is kinda annoying
2) get deuce commander - addon for configuring alot of other addons by using your mouse rather than typing slash commands

Dreamlayout is the "visual" edit to regular bartender bars, so you can just delete that folder.
Dreamlayout makes your icons look like circles instead of squares so if you just delete the dreamlayout folder you lose no functionality pretty much...

Also to reset your bartender settings you can go to your WTF folder and delete all bartender related files...
so basically go to wtf folder -> type bartender in search -> delete all results

Think this covers everything...
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by xylopsyche » Sat May 23, 2015 1:51 am

Thanks for the help. I'll try those options. I'm wondering though, I can only find deuce commander 2.0 and up. Will any of these work for us here using 1.12 or will I need to seek out an earlier version?
xylopsyche
Tester

by TaurenRogue » Sun May 24, 2015 12:29 am

TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by xylopsyche » Sun May 24, 2015 11:27 am

I got it working. Thank you!..Now only trouble I'm having is now that I have the bars where I want them. Bar 1 will vanish or swap for another bar. It usually corrects itself but its a bit annoying. Any idea why its not staying static?
xylopsyche
Tester

by SiegeMentality » Sun May 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Honestly, I've used bartender and a few others in retail. I found this zbar addon for use on here and it's better than any of the bar mods that I ever used in retail and configuration is too easy. You type /zbar and a little configuration box pops up.

http://addons.us.to/addons
YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!
SiegeMentality
Grunt
Grunt

by TaurenRogue » Sun May 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Just delete all bartender folders except bartender 2... What you are describing sounds like a "feature" of one of them.
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by xylopsyche » Mon May 25, 2015 8:38 pm

Deleting the folders seemed to do the trick. Thanks for all the help and getting me up and running!.
xylopsyche
Tester

by heradura » Mon May 25, 2015 8:40 pm

Just FYI, the bar swapping is called paging. I'm lazy and like my screen clean so I set one bar to page when I hold shift, and I just put all my shift+ modifier spells there.
heradura
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Addons & macros