Ignore addon

Ignore addon

by gervig » Sat May 23, 2015 1:27 am

Been searching everywhere for an addon that lets you ignore more than the standard 25. Anyone that knows an addon?
gervig
Tester

Re: Ignore addon

by Aunstic » Sat May 23, 2015 5:54 am

SpamThrottle has a clientside ignore list for you. I don't know if it has a max, but it shouldn't since it's local.
Aunstic
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by gervig » Sun May 24, 2015 6:12 am

I tried it. Don't know what you mean by
clientside ignore list
, I tried the Filtered Player Names (local bans), but that doesn't do anything. Only thing that addon does is filter channels for spam, can't ignore people or ban.
gervig
Tester

by Aunstic » Sun May 24, 2015 3:30 pm

gervig wrote:I tried it. Don't know what you mean by
clientside ignore list
, I tried the Filtered Player Names (local bans), but that doesn't do anything. Only thing that addon does is filter channels for spam, can't ignore people or ban.

Clientside ignore list basically means it filters out the players messages. I didn't realize it didn't work outside of channels.

Searching around, I found Mute: http://www.anaron.comoj.com/Addons/Mute.zip
Password: (image for no backlinks)
Haven't tried it yet. About to test it out.
Aunstic
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by gervig » Sun May 24, 2015 11:17 pm

Downloaded it, don't know how it works tho. I try /Mute <playername> but it doesn't do anything
gervig
Tester

by Aunstic » Mon May 25, 2015 3:30 pm

gervig wrote:Downloaded it, don't know how it works tho. I try /Mute <playername> but it doesn't do anything

Code: Select all
SLASH_MUTEPLAYER_COMMAND1 = "/muteplayer";
SLASH_UNMUTEPLAYER_COMMAND1 = "/unmuteplayer";
SLASH_TEMPMUTEPLAYER_COMMAND1 = "/tempmuteplayer";
SLASH_MUTEPLAYERHELP_COMMAND1 = "/mutehelp";
Aunstic
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Teide » Mon May 25, 2015 10:20 pm

Mute addon does not work. It does not block whispers or any other things a person says.

I found [url="http://www.wowace.com/addons/ignore-more/files/?page=2"]this repository[/url] of IgnoreMore addon and tried many versions, but the earliest version there is for Wow 2.0.0. They all load with different kinds of errors and do not let add more people to the ignore list than by dafault. I need Ignore addon, too.
Teide
Tester

by gervig » Tue May 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Aunstic wrote:
Code: Select all
SLASH_MUTEPLAYER_COMMAND1 = "/muteplayer";
SLASH_UNMUTEPLAYER_COMMAND1 = "/unmuteplayer";
SLASH_TEMPMUTEPLAYER_COMMAND1 = "/tempmuteplayer";
SLASH_MUTEPLAYERHELP_COMMAND1 = "/mutehelp";

This works, thanks!
gervig
Tester

by Teide » Wed May 27, 2015 9:11 pm

I am bad with macros. How can I make a macro to mute a targetplayer?
'/muteplayer', when a player is selected mutes an empty name, not the player I want. '/muteplayer %t' does not work either. And typing it every time is inconvenient.
Teide
Tester

by Mopar » Sat May 30, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi guys, i'm the author of SpamThrottle.

It has a client side ignore list, where you can ignore a player. It also has a keyword filter list that you can add to, and otherwise manipulate.

Once you install the addon, type either /st or /spamthrottle to show the configuration GUI. Filtering keywords is at the lower left quadrant, where you can add, delete, etc. keywords to filter on. Playernames can be filtered in the lower right quadrant; you can add, delete, etc. playernames to mute, and also set a configurable timeout - which can be infinite. The idea is that if someone is being an ass, you can mute them for 1 hour, then they would drop off the list (hopefully not being quite so asslike at that point.) Note that in the chat channels you can right click on a player to put them into this ban list easily.

If you have questions on SpamThrottle, you can /w me in game on Mo or Moulin (Alliance).
The pizza level in my bloodstream is dangerously low.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Addons & macros