Need basic macro help

Need basic macro help

by JailHouse » Mon May 25, 2015 3:51 am

I'm a warlock that's fairly new to this game (and genre) and just discovered the purpose of macros. I created a macro that's suppose to be very useful and easy, but can't seem to make it work. It's basically a macro that would easily execute a combo which is: Shadow Bolt, then Corruption, and followed by Curse of Agony so I could save about 2 action buttons. But the problem is that when I activate my macro, it wont cycle through the combo and would only cast Shadow Bolt even after activating it numerous times. I've made many macros similar to this but resulted in the same problem.
JailHouse
Tester

Re: Need basic macro help

by Mr_Rosh » Mon May 25, 2015 8:40 am

I don't think you can do that. Just try to do it like this : press the key - shadow bolt , press shift + key - corruption, press ctrl + key - curse of agony. You'll find out how to do it on the internet.
Mr_Rosh
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by riq and snog » Mon May 25, 2015 8:47 am

Macros like that what u want dont work. It could work with spells that have a cooldown not just gcd.
Anyway sounds more like a keybind problem to me. I dont know your binds but if u need help with that i could.
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by napredator » Mon May 25, 2015 9:55 am

Well this is the best i could do, unfortunately you can only have 2 spells in this macro but maybe a brighter person will come along and make it so you can put 3 spells in

Code: Select all
/run if n~= 1 then CastSpellByName("Flash Heal(Rank 2)") n=1 else CastSpellByName("Heal(Rank 1)") n=0 end

If you use it while you're already casting a spell it will skip the next one and go back to the first.
napredator
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DEDRICK » Mon May 25, 2015 3:43 pm

The best you can do is with modifiers. Personally I would put your dots on one macro and shadow bolt on another but...this is untested, I wrote it at work

/Script If IsShiftKeyDown() then CastSpellByName("Corruption"); elseif IsControlKeyDown() then CastSpellByName("Curse of Agony"); else CastSpellByName("Shadow Bolt"); end;end;end
Cachecow - Tauren Warrior
DEDRICK
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Addons & macros