[Addon] vQueue v1.2 - A group finder for vanilla!

Re: [Addon] vQueue v1.0 - A dungeon finder for vanilla!

by bokac91 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Hmm, Im having trouble setting up this addon. It's not shown at all in my AddOns list in the character login screen. Anyone can help?
Name: Bstjorn
Race: Night Elf
Class: Hunter
Level: 50ish
Spec: Beast Mastery
bokac91
Grunt
Grunt

by Solmyr » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:23 pm

Nice way of fragmenting the LFG.

Currently everyone uses /world and trade chats in cities. If this addon catches, some people will use it, others will keep using the chat channels, making both inefficient.

Looking for group is so easy with the current population, I've never needed more than 1 minute to fill a group to any dungeon I wanted to go.
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keldan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:26 pm

Solmyr wrote:Nice way of fragmenting the LFG.

Currently everyone uses /world and trade chats in cities. If this addon catches, some people will use it, others will keep using the chat channels, making both inefficient.

Looking for group is so easy with the current population, I've never needed more than 1 minute to fill a group to any dungeon I wanted to go.

I think this is just a chat scanner, analyzing LFG sentences putting parsed data in a GUI. So, there's no division because everything still happens on the chats.

@OP By the way, some nice details that could be added :
  • Replacing "vQueue v1.0 - Group Finder" by "vQueue" or "Group Finder" would make it more professional. There is no need to know the version by the window title. Put it in small characters in a character.

- To find, select a role and click the find button then click the 'wait list' button to join a group's wait list
  • Replace "wait list" with "Join", then maybe a yellow message in the chat saying "Adding to waiting list..", I think it would look better on the UI and seems more user friendly.

Still, it's a really good job you did there. The same I expected from Blizzard when they spoke about their LFG tool back in Ulduar days.
I think it will be a bit hard to decide if DM means Dead Mines or Dire Maul x) Maybe with a check on the character's level and check the current area.
Keldan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Draaks » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Very nice release, Looking foward to use this.
Draaks
Private
Private

by Diametra » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:02 pm

I checked it out. Interface is well done.

This will not fragment anything. 99.9% of people are capable of entering a queue AND simultaneously reading chat. Believe it or not, it can be done. The only thing it will diminish is a small part of some of the perpetual spamming in chat.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by DEDRICK » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:29 pm

This is similar to CallToArms but much better
Cachecow - Tauren Warrior
DEDRICK
Sergeant
Sergeant

by traitrus » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:45 pm

Great job bro ! I will try this tonight and spread it to the guild

Thx for your work
Traitrus <Les Tontons Flingueurs> Alliance Hunter 60
Baloche <Les Tontons Flingueurs> Alliance Warrior 60
traitrus
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Cruzix » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:49 pm

DEDRICK wrote:This is similar to CallToArms but much better

Merging both of them would be amazing, and then everyone didnt HAVE to use it to make it work either
Cruzix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DEDRICK » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:57 pm

Keldan above said this is parsing chat so I don't see why it couldn't work with people to don't have it. I understand some features like Role wouldn't work but building a list of people LFG from chat channels seems within the realm of possibilities
Cachecow - Tauren Warrior
DEDRICK
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Devlix » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:24 pm

bokac91 wrote:Hmm, Im having trouble setting up this addon. It's not shown at all in my AddOns list in the character login screen. Anyone can help?

Only thing I can think to recommend is making sure your folder name for the addon is exactly "vQueue" if it's anything like "vQueue-master" which GitHub likes to add then it will not show up with WoW.

Thanks guys for the suggestions and feedback so far, I am just checking the forums real quick right now before I go work but I will definitely see about working on suggestions later.
Devlix
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros