Useful Vanilla WoW 1.12.1 Macros by Wayleran

Useful Vanilla WoW 1.12.1 Macros by Wayleran

by Wayleran » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi guys. Just figured I'd start a random collection of useful macros. Feel free to reply with some of your own. In time I will add and organize them as much as I can.

Action Bar Slots:
1 - 12 : Action Bar 1
13 - 24 : Action Bar 2
25 - 36 : Action Bar 3 (Right)
37 - 48 : Action Bar 4 (Right-2)
49 - 60 : Action Bar 5 (Bottom Right)
61 - 72 : Action Bar 6 (Bottom Left)

To find "BUFF_TEXTURE" in certain macros use this macro. Target yourself while you have the buff.
Code: Select all
/script function m(s) DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(s); end for i=1,16 do s=UnitBuff("target", i); if(s) then m("B "..i..": "..s); end s=UnitDebuff("target", i); if(s) then m("D "..i..": "..s); end end

General Macros:

Spammable Auto Attack Macro w/ Melee and Ranged swapping:
This will use your bow or wand auto attack if your target is at range OR ELSE it will use a melee auto attack if the target comes too close. ALSO it won't toggle off your ranged auto attack if you spam it.
Replace Auto Shot or Shoot with whatever your classes ranged auto attack is and replace (1) in IsAutoRepeatAction(1) with whatever button your melee and then ranged auto attack skill is on...(25), (37), etc...
/run if CheckInteractDistance("target", 3) and (not PlayerFrame.inCombat) then AttackTarget() elseif not IsAutoRepeatAction(1) then CastSpellByName("Auto Shot OR Shoot") end

Smart Buff Swap Macro Template:(Uses BUFF_1 if the main buff is active, or else uses SPELL_2)
/run local i,x=1,0 while UnitBuff("player",i) do if UnitBuff("player",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Spell_Texture_Name" then x=1 end i=i+1 end if x==0 then CastSpellByName("BUFF") else CastSpellByName("SPELL") end

You need to replace "BUFF_TEXTURE" with the TEXTURE of a particular buff and NOT it's name. For example A Rogue's Stealth skill and a Druid's Prowl skill both use the little icon texture called "Ability_Ambush".
Use this site to lookup your buff's texture:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Queriable_buff_effects

Reset Instance Macro:
/script ResetInstances()

Fishing/Mount/Dismount Macro: (I'd recommend keybinding this one to a mouse button like middleclick for easy fishing/mounting/dismounting with one hand):
/run local i=GetInventoryItemTexture("player",GetInventorySlotInfo("MainHandSlot")) if i and string.find(i,"INV_Fishingpole")then CastSpellByName("Fishing") else UseAction(12)end

Start Melee Attack: (Replace MELEE_SKILL with whatever melee attack you also want to keybind to the same button and remove /script PetAttack() if it doesn't apply to your class)
/script if (not PlayerFrame.inCombat) then AttackTarget() end
/cast MELEE_SKILL
/script PetAttack()

Spammable Wand Attack: (Won't toggle off Wand's "Shoot" skill if spammed)
/script if not IsAutoRepeatAction(1) then CastSpellByName("Shoot") end

Quest Macro:(Complete/Accept quests with a keybind - not 100% effective if there are more than 1 quest reward)
/run AcceptQuest()
/run CompleteQuest()
/run i=GetNumQuestChoices() if i<2 then GetQuestReward(1) end
/run SelectAvailableQuest(1)
/run SelectGossipAvailableQuest(1)
/run SelectActiveQuest(1)
/run SelectGossipActiveQuest(1)

Extreme Graphics Settings: (more than MAX graphics settings can be applied to the Config.wtf file however, depending on your server's restrictions this may or may not have an effect)
/console groundEffectDensity 256
/console groundEffectDist 170
/console detailDoodadAlpha 100
/console farclip 777
/console horizonfarclip 6226
/console smallcull 0
/console maxLOD 3
/console SkyCloudLOD 3
/console characterAmbient 1

Class Specific Macros:

Hunter Macros:

Tracking Toggle Macro: (Toggles between different Hunter Tracking options)
Humanoids/Hidden/Undead/Giants
/run c=CastSpellByName t=GetTrackingTexture() if t and strfind(t,"Prayer") then c("Track Hidden") elseif t and strfind(t,"Stealth") then c("Track Undead") elseif t and strfind(t,"Dark") then c("Track Giants") else c("Track Humanoids") end

Beasts/Dragonkin/Demons/Elementals
/run c=CastSpellByName t=GetTrackingTexture() if t and strfind(t,"_Tracking") then c("Track Dragonkin") elseif t and strfind(t,"Dragon") then c("Track Demons") elseif t and strfind(t,"Fel") then c("Track Elementals") else c("Track Beasts") end

Use the script to get the current Tracking Texture:
/run icon= GetTrackingTexture() DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(icon)

All-In-One Pet Macro:(Feeds, Dismisses, Calls or Revives Pet according to whatever is appropriate)
/run local c=CastSpellByName if UnitExists("pet") then if UnitHealth("pet")==0 then c("Revive Pet") elseif GetPetHappiness()~=nil and GetPetHappiness()~=3 then c("Feed Pet") PickupContainerItem(3, 1) else c("Dismiss Pet") end else c("Call Pet") end

Raptor Strike/Mongoose Bite Macro:
/cast Raptor Strike
/cast Mongoose Bite

...also you can add /cast Wing Clip to the end of this one too, however keep in mind it's not mana efficient

Priest Macros:

Cast Buff or else spammable Wand "Shoot": (Using the example of Inner Fire and Shoot)
/run local i,x=1,0 while UnitBuff("player",i) do if UnitBuff("player",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Spell_Holy_InnerFire" then x=1 end i=i+1 end if x==0 then CastSpellByName("Inner Fire") else UseAction(37) end

Use "Find Buff Texture" macro from top of page to replace "Interface\\Icons\\Spell_Holy_InnerFire" with the appropriate buff texture.

More to be added in later...

- Wayleran
Last edited by Wayleran on Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:22 am, edited 30 times in total.
Wayleran
Private
Private

Re: Useful Vanilla WoW 1.12.1 Macros

by LYQ » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:48 pm

I like your effort, but the StartAttack macro is not working at all, to begin with AttackTarget() does not exist in this patch.
I don't use a StartAttack macro myself but if I remember correctly it must look something like this
/script if not IsCurrentAction(1) then UseAction(1) end

while 1 would be the slot in which the "Attack" spell is
LYQ / Virose
Talentsaver (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=15429) - Totemtimers Enhanced (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=24422)
NostalriusAcceptTrade (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=31729)
LYQ
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wayleran » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:07 pm

AttackTarget() does work. I've used it for a long time. But your suggestion is a really good one as well. If you notice in some of my other macros I use the UseAction(1) command also. But...

does work...for MELEE attacks only. I updated the OP to reflect that it's only for melee skills.

For Spells and Ranged attacks your script is the option to use. Like for example Shoot (Wand) or Auto Shot (Bow)

/script if not IsCurrentAction(1) then UseAction(1) end -- where the spell/skill in the 1st action button is Auto Shot or Shoot, etc...
Wayleran
Private
Private

by LYQ » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:42 pm

ah I'm sorry ofc it works, I was mixing things up.

the macro I used is still superior to AttackTarget() since your way would deactivate the Attack if you use the macro couple of times, the one I referred to can not deactivate that was what I meant. (eg if you spam a macro it could deactivate the Attack again which is a big downside)
- mixed it up since like I said I never used such a StartAttack macro
LYQ / Virose
Talentsaver (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=15429) - Totemtimers Enhanced (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=24422)
NostalriusAcceptTrade (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=31729)
LYQ
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wayleran » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:55 pm

No problem and yes it will toggle start attack on/off in conjunction with ranged spells or skills but not in the case of

/cast Raptor Strike
/cast Mongoose Bite

With melee skills it works fine to just use the melee skills AND/OR start attacking if you're out of mana or out of range or the other skills are on cooldown.

It WON'T toggle your attack in this case even if you spam the macro.
Wayleran
Private
Private

Re: Useful Vanilla WoW 1.12.1 Macros by Wayleran

by Moshu » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:47 am

Excellent thread! My thanks
Moshu
Grunt
Grunt

by Rinello » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:34 am

Hello, I need some macros, can you help me?

1- Kodo out of combat, Ghost Wolf in combat, spammable.

2- If my target is an enemy, Chain Lightning, if my target is friendly, Chain Heal.
If I have no target, Chain Heal from me

3- If my target is an enemy, Lightning Bolt, if my target is friendly, Healing Wave.
If I have no target, Healing Wave on me

If you can help us Shamans, it would be amazing!
Lots of love, bye!
Rinello
Grunt
Grunt

by Malicks » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:08 pm

"PetFollow macro" for Hunter and Warlock pets:...

/script PetFollow("YourNameHere")

Practical usage example:
/script PetFollow("Malicks")
/cast Feign Death
/cast Freezing Trap
Malicks
Tester

by Kazarak » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:03 am

Has anyone got the #show or #showtooltip working?
Owning noobs since 1977
Kazarak
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Xom » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:55 pm

Kazarak wrote:Has anyone got the #show or #showtooltip working?

I was looking into that as well and I think I know why it doesn't work.

I remember there was a functionality which is not present here, in a "?" blank icon. Here, we have a selection that includes the array of icons but is missing the little question mark, empty icon option.

So maybe that was just overlooked and needs to be added, which I hope it is because I found that to be a great macro feature.
Xom
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Addons & macros