[Addon] MikScrollingBattleText [Continued]

Re: MikScrollingBattleText [Continued]

by Argagaes » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:56 pm

I get these errors when casting or doing something:
...ns\MikScrollingBattleText\MikScrollingBattleText.lua:619: attempt to index field `CurrentProfile' (a nil value)

...dOns\MikScrollingBattleText\MikCombatEventHelper.lua:3476: attempt to index field `CurrentProfile' (a nil value)

Then when I open the menu and press some things (also font button is broken and so are all scroll area buttons and so on):

...ns\MikScrollingBattleText\MikScrollingBattleText.lua:1398: attempt to index field `CurrentProfile' (a nil value)

...AddOns\MikScrollingBattleTextOptions\MSBTOptions.lua:3533: attempt to index field `CurrentProfile' (a nil value)

Error: ...AddOns\MikScrollingBattleTextOptions\MSBTOptions.lua:3168: attempt to index field `CurrentProfile' (a nil value)

...ns\MikScrollingBattleText\MikScrollingBattleText.lua:1415: attempt to index field `CurrentProfile' (a nil value)

...ns\MikScrollingBattleText\MikScrollingBattleText.lua:1460: attempt to index local `currentTable' (a nil value)

...ns\MikScrollingBattleText\MikScrollingBattleText.lua:1438: attempt to index local `currentTable' (a nil value)

...AddOns\MikScrollingBattleTextOptions\MSBTOptions.lua:2091: attempt to index field `CurrentProfile' (a nil value)

...AddOns\MikScrollingBattleTextOptions\MSBTOptions.lua:2074: attempt to index field `CurrentProfile' (a nil value)
Argagaes
Tester

by Athene » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Apparently an addon is interfering with MSBT, try to disable all addons except MSBT and MSBTOptions and start the game one time, MSBT should work and then you can enable your other addons.

Btw if you could tell me the addons you're using I'll be able to find where's the problem and fix it :p
<Genesis>
youtube.com/GenesisGuilde

MSBT [Continued] landed on Nostalrius, check it here: forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1721
Athene
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Argagaes » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:59 am

Athene wrote:Apparently an addon is interfering with MSBT, try to disable all addons except MSBT and MSBTOptions and start the game one time, MSBT should work and then you can enable your other addons.

Btw if you could tell me the addons you're using I'll be able to find where's the problem and fix it :p

Nope, still got the same errors (and the buttons in menu didn't work)... I disabled everything but this -> saved -> closed the whole game -> launched and logged in. Any ideas?

- Edit: Got it working :) It was probably just messed up from an old version that didn't work. I just had to remove all the mik data from savedvariables and it worked.
Argagaes
Tester

by Siusek » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:11 pm

Hello,
I´m unable to run MSBT, I always get tons of errors as described here: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 60#p107042

Can anyone help me out with it please?
Sheep EX Machina!
Siusek
Grunt
Grunt

by Athene » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:03 am

Hello,

Close the game, go to your WTF folder and search for mikscrollingbattletext.lua in savedvariables, once you found it, delete it, restart the game and it should be ok :)
<Genesis>

MSBT [Continued] landed on Nostalrius, check it here: forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1721
Athene
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Siusek » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:25 am

Been there, done that... it didn't work :(
Tried to shut all the other addons and run just thisone. Also tryed download from several different sources, neither version worked for me.

Where could be a glitch? Any ideas?
Sheep EX Machina!
Siusek
Grunt
Grunt

by Athene » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:44 am

Can you copy/paste all the text from mikscrollingbattletext.lua in savedvariables to http://pastebin.com/ ?

Seems that many people have a problem with Savedvariables and the way MSBT handles old versions I'll fix this.
<Genesis>

Athene
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by traitrus » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:47 pm

got issues here too :(

MSBT dont work at all, when i open options panel in game, everything is empty ?!

any ideas ?
Traitrus <Les Tontons Flingueurs> Alliance Hunter 60
Baloche <Les Tontons Flingueurs> Alliance Warrior 60
traitrus
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Athene » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:14 pm

Can you screenshot the Lua Errors that you have so I can fix them ?

If you had the same error as Siusek it should be fixed in master branch now: https://github.com/AtheneGenesis/Vanill ... BattleText
<Genesis>

Athene
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Siusek » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:53 pm

Seems to be working just fine for me now. Many thanks for this quick fix, I appreciate it.
Sheep EX Machina!
Siusek
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros