[AddOn] Aux - Enhanced Auction House Interface

Re: [Addon] Aux - A new Vanilla auction house addon

by Skoll » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:56 pm

Verion16 wrote:Renamed the file

File? You mean folder?

it should look like this:
Twink (gay slang) - The Oxford Dictionary says the word "twink" means "a homosexual or effeminate young man regarded as an object of homosexual desire," [...].
Skoll
Private
Private

Re: [AddOn] Aux - A new Vanilla auction house addon

by Rylox » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:18 pm

Mine won't buy anthing anymore.
The first attempt to buy gives error buy.lua:173 attempt to compare number with nil.
Then when clicking buy again it sits at scanning auctions. Did relog.

Edit: Newest version fixed problem.
Enigma - Voorhees - Kyudo - Vergara
Xyrae - Rylox - Hypnotrick
Rylox
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rylox » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:04 pm

Any way to stop my bids panel from bleeding through on the Aux - Buy panel?
Enigma - Voorhees - Kyudo - Vergara
Xyrae - Rylox - Hypnotrick
Rylox
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by hcsub » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:32 am

Love it nice work. No more auctioneer. :)
hcsub
Tester

by Bit » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:34 am

Rylox wrote:Any way to stop my bids panel from bleeding through on the Aux - Buy panel?

Thought I'd fixed that, gonna look at it after work (edit: can't reproduce it. sure you have the newest version?). Also been working on implementing browse functionality on the buy tab (so far added the category filtering) with the goal to eventually completely merge the two. (gonna also add more advanced sorting akin to auctioneer's browse, and eventually completely replace the default auction house skin)
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bit » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Another update: I have added a tooltip filter to the buy page. You can now for example select armor->cloth->head from the category dropdown and add a "shadow spell damage" filter, giving you all cloth heads with shadow damage. The input of filters is a bit clumsy though.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Zwox » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:23 pm

and now add the Item list on the left side and you are my hero :D :D

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/auctio ... 7-buy-tab/
Zwox
Grunt
Grunt

by Bit » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:31 am

Zwox wrote:and now add the Item list on the left side and you are my hero :D :D

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/auctio ... 7-buy-tab/

Probably will but next on the TODO list is auctioneer style sorting of the search results.

By the way, what do you think about my buying mechanism vs the retail auctionator's? I guess what retail auctioneer does is it remembers the page of the auctions, so when you request one it's pretty quick to find it. (But the disadvantage is of course if the page has changed it won't find it anymore, or it could do a full rescan but since it's individual auctions that would be very inconvenient)

Also there's the buy confirmation. Of course because of the retail hardware event requirement it has to be there but maybe it would be good anyway? Though it makes mass purchases less convenient.

And then the stacked view, not sure what to think about that. Makes sense for the sell tab of course but if I'm gonna add different sorting to the buy tab it wouldn't work so well I think ...

PS Does anyone know how to obtain item stats other than through the tooltip? It would be more elegant to filter by stats than by a text based tooltip filter like I am now. Sure, I could parse it out of the tooltip, but then that only works for the English client (which unfortunately also is the case for itemcharges as of now). I could just pre-parse every item in my english client and hardcode the stats in the addon, but that would kind of suck on Nost, because patches can change the item stats and it wouldn't work for suffixes (though I guess those can be obtained through the suffix id from the itemstring? But not charges I think? they're obtained by means of a server side record indexed by the uniqueid afaik?)
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Zwox » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:55 am

Bit wrote:By the way, what do you think about my buying mechanism vs the retail auctionator's? I guess what retail auctioneer does is it remembers the page of the auctions, so when you request one it's pretty quick to find it. (But the disadvantage is of course if the page has changed it won't find it anymore, or it could do a full rescan but since it's individual auctions that would be very inconvenient)

The only difference is the "Remember" Item List on the Left Side :)

And maybe the Retail version is a little bit faster on buying stuff.

The List is just to find things faster. You dont need to type "Ghost Mushroom" ... you only click on the Name and dats it. Btw it not only Remember the Last items, you can add a name manuel.
Zwox
Grunt
Grunt

by Bit » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:24 pm

Zwox wrote:The only difference is the "Remember" Item List on the Left Side :)

No, in the retail version you buy auctions one by one. You select one, it tries to find it and asks for confirmation, buys it, you select the next one etc.
In mine you select everything you want and it tries to get it all.

The disadvantage of mine is that you cannot reevaluate your decisions if it fails to buy something that's already gone.

The advantage is it's much faster if you buy a lot.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros