[AddOn] Aux - Enhanced Auction House Interface

Re: [AddOn] Aux - A new Vanilla auction house addon

by caval948 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:30 pm

Oh, thanks, didn't know that. Works for the prefixes/suffixes!

Level and rarity filters and a full item name and level in the result list would still be nice features. If you find enough UI space to integrate them.

Cheers and thanks again!
caval948
Grunt
Grunt

by sureletsrace » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:37 am

While I appreciate the hard work on this mod, I really do not like that it now takes over the standard Browse tab, where you search for items.

This is all my opinion, but I think that it is clunky and not very well laid out. I also do not like the 'Buy' tab being gone.

Are you going to be making the older version of the mod available to people who don't want to lose that functionality?

The mod was pretty great the way it was before; I'm not sure why you messed with it.

I still have the old version, and I'll be using it. I only noticed this change because I downloaded the addon for my wife and it was completely different.

I hope you don't take offense to this. Just giving my $0.02.
sureletsrace
Tester

by Rosenwyn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:27 pm

Where can I find a previous version of the addon, where browse and buy tabs are not merged? After the merging it's impossible to use Auctioneer, or RecipeBook, or AdSpace addons with Aux.
Rosenwyn
Grunt
Grunt

by Bit » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:54 pm

caval948 wrote:Level and rarity filters and a full item name and level in the result list would still be nice features.

They'll be coming back with the next big release, next weekend probably. It's most likely gonna include the following features:
Listing with better column layout (some columns like quantity will be fixed rather than dropdown so they can be smaller)
Compact layout without item name column when every item has the same name (instead displaying the name, itemlvl, icon etc. somewhere in the top)
Filters moved to the left with additional filters.
Separate search and cache filtering so you can make multiple queries without having to wait for scanning again.

Rosenwyn wrote:Where can I find a previous version of the addon, where browse and buy tabs are not merged? After the merging it's impossible to use Auctioneer, or RecipeBook, or AdSpace addons with Aux.

You could check out an older version from the github repo (you can look at the commit messages to find the one before the merge) but there may be bugs that have been fixed since. Eventually Aux will probably get its complete own UI in a separate frame and then I will make it optional to hide the default auction house but for the moment browse won't return (it's just so terrible and I really hate duplicated functionality)
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rosenwyn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:57 pm

Bit wrote:You could check out an older version from the github repo (you can look at the commit messages to find the one before the merge) but there may be bugs that have been fixed since. Eventually Aux will probably get its complete own UI in a separate frame and then I will make it optional to hide the default auction house

Thank you for the answer!
Rosenwyn
Grunt
Grunt

by caval948 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:01 pm

Bit wrote:It's most likely gonna include the following features:
Listing with better column layout (some columns like quantity will be fixed rather than dropdown so they can be smaller)
Compact layout without item name column when every item has the same name (instead displaying the name, itemlvl, icon etc. somewhere in the top)
Filters moved to the left with additional filters.
Separate search and cache filtering so you can make multiple queries without having to wait for scanning again.

All of those features sound great! Can you add full item name and item level "dropdown columns" too, or is that technically impossible?

Already looking forward to the next upgrade! Thanks much.
caval948
Grunt
Grunt

by Bit » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:25 am

caval948 wrote:All of those features sound great! Can you add full item name and item level "dropdown columns" too, or is that technically impossible?

Already looking forward to the next upgrade! Thanks much.

Of course. Here's a little preview of the new layout:

edit: another preview, decided to go with a more retail auctioneer-like look, dropdowns are probably gone

Last edited by Bit on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by LYQ » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:18 am

Big props, I highly recommend this AddOn.
LYQ / Virose
Talentsaver (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=15429) - Totemtimers Enhanced (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=24422)
NostalriusAcceptTrade (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=31729)
LYQ
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bit » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:14 pm

So, I've decided to release the current state even though the new filtering isn't complete as there are no features missing from the previous version and it's a pretty nice upgrade already.

The changes are mainly concerning the buy tab. New filters have been added, layout and confirmation changed and a few bugs fixed with the buying that could sometimes invalidate auctions when it shouldn't.

Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros