modui

Re: modui

by Conquestkale » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:59 am

http://imgur.com/dyKqTxn not sure if this error is on my end or a bug with the UI, it happens after i open bags a few times, what it does is makes it so i cant open my bags. only fix is to reload or relog
Conquestkale
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rockyramboa » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:20 am

Code: Select all
for i = 1, 6 do                             -- QUEST PROGRESS TOOLTIP
        local p = _G['QuestProgressItem'..i]
    end

any chance this might screw over questie? maybe its just perception on my end but it seems mobs don't show the quest progress in tooltip anymore, questitems in my bags still do show progress ...dunno as i said maybe its perception.
Rockyramboa
Private
Private

by modernist » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:44 am

that snippet of code doesn't actually perform any action, its just left in to remind to look into adding tooltips to quest progress frames. all it basically does is look for the button on the quest frame when you hand in items, with the intention to give those a simple mouseover tooltip at some point. it shouldn't mess with questie(and i think i remember the developer of questie had been rewriting it, so your latest version might have bugs) but i'll remove it in the next update.

CK: I had been meaning to look at colouring the bankframe, i'l get around to it today. I also think that it is modui causing that conflict, but i'll see if i can replicate it and fix. one of those things i haven't used levelling up much yet :)

to clarify — its when you have bank & inventory open? since that seems to be what that error is conveying.
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rockyramboa » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:14 pm

About the questie issue;
When i remove the modtip folder but keep the tip.lua in modskin then it works. The tooltip is skinned and the questtracking works, but the tooltip is in blizzard bottomright location.
Seems to me that the problem comes from a tooltip not in its usual place altho that seems weird, will dig into the questie code to see what i find there.
Rockyramboa
Private
Private

by modernist » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:57 pm

ah, if that is the case then questie is probably using an OnShow script to implement quest tracking details (which makes sense) and modtip is overwriting it again with its own. I'll look into an alternative, or else drop it from modtip tonight.

bankframe is now dark & has item coloured borders in the latest commit on the repo.

e: easily fixed, will update tonight
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Conquestkale » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:17 pm

The bag error happens when i open my bank bags or normal bags to many times, not sure if it's fixed i didn't download the new modui
Conquestkale
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by modernist » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:08 am

well let me know if it pops up again.
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rockyramboa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:31 pm

Code: Select all
for i = 1, 6 do                             -- QUEST PROGRESS TOOLTIP
        local p = _G['QuestProgressItem'..i]
        p:SetScript('OnEnter', function()
            if GameTooltip then
                GameTooltip:SetOwner(p, 'ANCHOR_RIGHT')
                if GetNumQuestItems() > 0 then GameTooltip:SetQuestItem(p.type, p:GetID()) end
            end
        end)
    end

cheers works like a charm!

thanks for providing this uimod and looking forward for modup :)
Rockyramboa
Private
Private

by modernist » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:07 pm

glad to hear it!

modup(s) is now working for initial release — it currently only handles buffs, i'll add support for debuffs tomorrow.

it's probably more of a niche addon and certainly isn't a required element of modui. it acts a little like a very stripped down and super-lightweight PowerAuras (or the Spell Activation Overlay art frames that show in retail WoW with certain spell procs) by showing text symbols when an aura (defined by the user in the addons list file) is applied to the player.

here's what it looks like when I have the fear ward buff:

or renew:

or both!

the system for adding more buffs to track is lua-based and here, with a (hopefully) easy to understand set of documentation.
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by modernist » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:16 pm

if people have any suggestions for auras that should be tracked by default then please chime in — priest only atm
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros