[AddOn] Postal (Auto mail opening, multiple attachments)

Re: [AddOn] Improved Postal (Mass mail, auto open mail)

by Bit » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:57 am

Are you talking about the "open selected"? Because I don't see how the "open all" could skip with the current implementation (except for cod mails which it's supposed to skip).

Anyway, for the open selected I'm gonna have to find a better solution somehow. Increasing the delay further seems pointless as it'll be slower than manually opening. I think I'm gonna do some checks with the player's inventory/money to see if it's been looted or not instead of waiting and praying like it's currently doing.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Flp1LUPh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:27 am

Thanks for a really nice addon,

In regards to your question of open all or open selected.

The addon doesnt ever open all my mail, it skips like theres no tomorrow.
Here is a video I just made this moment, I only had three mails (sorry I couldnt have more) but you see what I am talking about. It skips the 2nd mail in this clip.

https://youtu.be/UCBsmwbqTpw

Thanks for helping
Flp1LUPh
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bit » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:43 am

Just to be clear, Postal has nothing to do with Aux.

Also, the problem is that you don't have the newest version of Postal :) About 10 days ago I made an update where I completely changed the open all mechanism. It now works correctly and is even faster still. (and also removed the confirmation dialog which is why it's clear you have an older version)

By the way if anyone is getting a lua error while entering the recipient's name, I've found out what the problem with that is though I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. Not sure if it's blizzlike but anyways sometimes you get nil for the names of people on your friend list which causes an error with the autocompletion (maybe if the char was deleted or account banned or whatever). For now simply removing them from the friend list will fix it.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Flp1LUPh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:55 am

I just downloaded the addon today, but ill try re-downloading the addon. Are you sure about the confirmation box? I still get it after downloading it just now. Maybe im doing something wrong
Flp1LUPh
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bit » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:00 am

Absolutely sure, that's very strange. https://github.com/shirsig/Postal/commits/master it's definitely gone. Did you download it from my repo?

Just to be really very clear, Aux has nothing to do with this, it's Postal, a separate addon.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Flp1LUPh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:19 am

Haha, im such a noob, thankyou!

Possible enhancement is when you send a mail, the sendee will be remembered and supplied as the default for the next mail.
Flp1LUPh
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bit » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:17 am

I've completely rewritten open all and open selected and both are fast now. Also fixed a bug with onebag and maybe other inventory addons where items wouldn't be grayed out properly when locked by the mass mail.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Corrozus » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:21 pm

Really nice addon. Makes mailing a lot easier :)

Thanks OP.
Corrozus
Grunt
Grunt

by Geigerkind » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:35 pm

sweet!
My Addons:
DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool (/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=38042)
Vanilla Consolidated Buff-Frames (/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=18189)
Modified Power Auras (/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=18251)
Geigerkind
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sl4mp4 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Can this addon do mass-CoD mails? I'm running a mail-order service for Thorium ammos, and manually filling in the CoD amount etc for 40+ mails / day takes time. Using CTMailmod at the moment and the mass mail feature only sends items straight off, no CoD option.
sl4mp4
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros