[AddOn] Profession Query

[AddOn] Profession Query

by Bit » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:39 pm

A little addon for trade skill queries made at the request of Dusith.

https://github.com/shirsig/profession_query

It will keep a list of known recipes for all professions for every character of yours individually which is updated every time you open a profession window.

Whenever someone whispers you "?patterns" (without the quotes) where patterns is a whitespace separated list of patterns it will respond with a whisper containing the recipes you have with all the patterns in their name or in the name of the profession each in the form of

"itemlink = reagent1itemlink x reagent1count reagent2itemlink x reagent2count ...".

If there are more than 3 matches it will still only show 3 and say how many have been omitted (otherwise you might get muted for spamming).

Last edited by Bit on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: [AddOn] Profession Query

by Dusith » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Very usefull addon for crafters selling their services! And no gold hacked :)
Dusith
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hosq » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Doesnt work with enchanting :(
Hosq
Tester

by Dusith » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:23 pm

Yeah just reported it to bit. Works with tailoring so far, havent tried other.
Dusith
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bit » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:09 pm

should be working for enchanting too now (and other "crafts" if there are any), never realized there were two completely separate frames with their own api and everything.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dusith » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:15 pm

Very good now! Only cool option would be some sort of way to ignore lesser enchants, if someone write ?agility it will spam so much i get muted. Dont know if that is possible.
Dusith
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bit » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:21 pm

Dusith wrote:Very good now! Only cool option would be some sort of way to ignore lesser enchants, if someone write ?agility it will spam so much i get muted. Dont know if that is possible.

Hm, there's no way to find out which is a "lesser" enchant through the api other than maybe simply the order in which they appear in the list.
I could make it take only the highest 5 or something like that. And maybe add a note like (x more results not shown). Also, should I add some sort of message when there is no result?
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bit » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:54 pm

I've now made it list at most 3 results (the highest in the tradeskill list) and if there are more it will say how many have been omitted.

edit: actually it lists random ones, not the highest ones currently. and listing the highest ones wouldn't make that much sense because the level sorting is only per header, plus it wouldn't work across professions either. Not sure how to solve this yet.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bit » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:42 pm

Now splits messages into multiple parts instead of truncating when they're longer than 255 characters, treats whitespace separated parts as independent patterns and can now also match on the profession name. (e.g., "?2h agi ench")

To prevent errors after updating use
Code: Select all
/script profession_query_skills = {}
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Phun » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:18 pm

Screenshot please
Phun
Tester

Next