[Addon] Questie v2.0.12 - A quest helper for vanilla!

Re: [Updated] Questie v1.0 - A quest helper for vanilla!

by JimboPete » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:36 pm

I've tested with 0 addons + questie, with questie + cartographer, and just cartographer.

Cartographer you included works, questie does not.

I have redownloaded and cleared any cache.

There's a memory leak, it tells me its using > 48 mb of memory as soon as I log in.
Latest Masterpiece - A Z U R E G O S
Don't forget to see if I'm live on Twitch! ( twitch.tv/JimboPete ) <-- Rip
JimboPete
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by JimboPete » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:40 pm

It must be some quest I have.

I just tried logging into another character and it works for them.

Edit: after relogging a bunch of times, it finally seemed to hang and then 'load' okay.

Now it works after relog, seems like you're building your database of quest information in a really poor manor.
JimboPete
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by schaka » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:53 pm

Most likely some broken quest. The database itself takes about 30ms to load. It's static and isn't actually being built on login or anything.

You can submit your Questie.lua in your WTF/Account/SavedVariables to our GitHub issue tracker and we'll see if there's some quest that might break it.
schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Scamp » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:35 am

That shouldn't be happening (I get ~30mb used with questie and a bunch of other mods) However, a quick fix is to change the memory allocated to addons in the top right of the addon menu on the character screen. There is a lot of pruning that needs to be done to the DB aswell
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JimboPete » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:20 am

I upped it to 512 and it still crashed before lol
JimboPete
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Scamp » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:25 am

JimboPete wrote:I upped it to 512 and it still crashed before lol

Well then something is DEFINITELY going wrong... What zone/race/class/level are you? I want to see if I can replicate it
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hydra9268 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:36 am

Hi Scamp. I have your addon installed and I've disabled MetaMap, Gatherer, and other mapping addons. Cartographer is working and the updated EQL3 is working but Questie isn't working at all. Scrolling through the chat log I see that it loaded but it is not running. Do I need to type a command to start it up?
DO NOT WANT PRISTINE REALMS!!!
Hydra9268
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Scamp » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:47 am

Hydra9268 wrote:Hi Scamp. I have your addon installed and I've disabled MetaMap, Gatherer, and other mapping addons. Cartographer is working and the updated EQL3 is working but Questie isn't working at all. Scrolling through the chat log I see that it loaded but it is not running. Do I need to type a command to start it up?

It should start automatically (Also, gatherer should work fine.) It might not add anything to the map until you open the quest log though. Also, it won't track a quest in the quest tracker unless you shift click it in the quest log (or complete an objective/pick up a quest etc)

if that fails then maybe there are additional bugs with EQL3 that need to be fixed (What EQL3 version are you using?)
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hydra9268 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:01 am

Nevermind it's working

The only thing is it's missing quests that don't start with NPCs like the 3 quests ("Suspicious Hoofprints" "Lieutenant Paval Reethe" and "The Black Shield") you can get at Shady Rest Inn in Dustwallow Marsh.
DO NOT WANT PRISTINE REALMS!!!
Hydra9268
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by lundborg » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:03 am

Scamp wrote:Well then something is DEFINITELY going wrong... What zone/race/class/level are you? I want to see if I can replicate it

I have the exact same problem.

Crashes on my Human mage level 21 currently in Ashenvale but works on a new level 1 toon. I got all the deadmines quests, a few redridge mountain quests and a few ashenvale quests in my questlog if that makes any difference.
lundborg
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros