Problem with DetachedMiniBottons

Problem with DetachedMiniBottons

by jakeadams » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Hello!

I have a problem with moving the coolDown minimap botton. I added the frame to the file as the readme says but when I move it my cursor is a couple of centimeters north-east of it. I can't get it to the place I want to because of that. I took a screenshot but my cursor is not visible.
If it can't be corrected, is there another (relatively easy) addon I can use instead?

While I am on the topic: Is there a (again, relatively easy) way to reduce the seize of my different minimap bottons? They are a little to big and clumpsy by default.

Regards,
Jake Adams
jakeadams
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Problem with DetachedMiniBottons

by Roadblock » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:21 pm

coolDown doesn't have a minimap button per se.
It should be free-moving by default (just right-click + drag).

If DetachedMiniButtons is interfering with it, add an exclusion for it in DMB.
Astaldo @ Nostalrius PvE (Alliance)
Addons I've posted on Forum
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by jakeadams » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:12 am

To clarify, this is what I am talking about http://imgur.com/GRIKcNT
It's not the coolDown's itself, it's the botton on my minimap that anchors/unanchors the coolDown addon, it is added by a seperat addon called IframeManager. It is not movable with rightclick for me.
jakeadams
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Roadblock » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:13 am

Yea that thing is coolDown companion addon IFrameManager.
The name of the button is IFrameManagerButton and it should be in the excluded section of DetatchedMiniButtons.lua if it's not open that file in a text editor and look for function isExclude(s)
If you don't see
Code: Select all
   if (string.find(s,"IFrameManagerButton") ~= nil) then
      return(true);
   end;
near the top of that function put it there youself, save and restart / console reloadui the game.

You might have to temporarily disable your "square minimap" addon so that you can get at the button to right-click > move.

The only reason that you can't at the moment is a frame strata problem (some child frame of the minimap that's not visible is covering it up so your mouse is not getting to it)

Hope it helps.
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by jakeadams » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:12 pm

So it should only be in the isExclude(s) in DetatchedMiniBottons because it can move on it's own (I'm not stupid, just want to clarify that's why I'm editing the file :D).

The code you just wrote is already in the dmbs, but I also had it in the top where it says: local SpecialButtons, because I thought I needed dmbs to move the button.

But even now it still won't move. I tried to disable SimpleMiniMap as you said and doublechecking with DiscordArt (it lets you see the frame your mouse is over) to make sure that I can access the button, which I can. I just don't get why I can't move it...

If it can't be fixed, can I just hide the button? The coolDown is in the place it should be, so if it is possible I might aswell just hide it.

Thanks again!
jakeadams
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Roadblock » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:47 pm

Yea you can just uncheck IFrameManager from the Addon selection screen before you login, if you don't need to move the coolDown frame.
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Addons & macros