[Addon] SpartanUI *0.9.6.1* for Vanilla WoW 1.12

[Addon] SpartanUI *0.9.6.1* for Vanilla WoW 1.12

by Dyaxler » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:05 pm

*Current Version: v0.9.3*

Hey all,

When I first started playing on Nostalrius I quickly realized how much I missed my SpartanUI. After some searching here and other sites I quickly realized that nobody had a working version for Vanilla. I thought, how hard could it be to back port it? Ha! After a month of coding in my spare time, fixing, re-writing, debugging... heck with it. No sense in bombarding you all with a stupid wall of text. I've uploaded it onto GitHub where I'll plan to keep track of bugs and future revisions. Feel free to peer review it, critique it... what ever. It's a gift to you all.

https://github.com/Dyaxler/SpartanUI/releases/latest

I've been running it for the past week or so without any issues so far after I stamped out all the bugs I could find. I'm sure there are some others that I haven't encountered yet as I'm presently only playing a low level Priest and just started a Paladin. My son tested it on his Rogue and Hunter so I know that Stances and Pets work. :) I'm kind of a MOD junkie and right now I have over 80 sub-directories worth of mods in my AddOns directory so I'm fairly certain that this version of SpartanUI will play nice with most of the mods out there. Unless of course you decide to try and run Bongos or some other bar Addon. It comes with a custom embedded version of Bartender2. Check out the README for more info.

If you find a bug, I have one request... try and capture it with some kind of a LUA capture mod like !ImprovedErrorFrame. Please? The default error interface in the WoW client tends to only capture the first error it encounters and ignores the rest. A clue to a bugs issue can sometimes be found in the errors after the initial trigger. If you can provide consistent repro steps - that would help tremendously in tracking down a bugs origin. Thank you!

Full UI:

Left Panel:

Right Panel:

Party Frames: (can be turned off using /sui menu)

Pet Frame:

Rogue Combo-Points:

/cheers
Dyaxler
[email protected]
Last edited by Dyaxler on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:38 am, edited 10 times in total.
Author of SpartanUI for Vanilla WoW 1.12
More info available here: Nostalrius Forum thread link. - Feed back welcome.
Submit bugs on GitHub or post about it in the forum thread.
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: SpartanUI for Vanilla WoW 1.12 *RELEASED*

by Dyaxler » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:49 pm

I found a bug today while in a party. One of the health bars was out of alignment. Shouldn't affect healers that use other mods to heal. It's only a visual bug.
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dyaxler » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:37 am

Fixed party frames and released v0.9.1
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by crum » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:20 am

Wow of all these years I've been on 1.12 I've never seen anybody aside from me pull a back port of SpartanUI! Hats off to you good sir! I made a semi backport years ago when I was in a diff server. The layout worked for the most part and the rep and health. Unit frames no.

But you sir have done the impossible! Thank you and I wish you the best of luck with fixing and enhancing it even more! ;))
crum
Grunt
Grunt

by Dyaxler » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:36 pm

crum wrote:Wow of all these years I've been on 1.12 I've never seen anybody aside from me pull a back port of SpartanUI! Hats off to you good sir! I made a semi backport years ago when I was in a diff server. The layout worked for the most part and the rep and health. Unit frames no.

But you sir have done the impossible! Thank you and I wish you the best of luck with fixing and enhancing it even more! ;))

Thanks for the compliment Crum! :)

Released version v0.9.2 - fixed an issue with the cast bar. Interrupted channeled spells would continue to animate the cast bar.
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dyaxler » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:45 am

Released version v0.9.3 - Fixed an issue with Zone/Instance/Boat/Taxi causing action bars to disappear
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Knewtomuch » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:54 am

I feel a bit silly asking, but is there a specific way to install this ? I havnt been able to figure it out myself, seems really cool and i'd love to give it a go
Knewtomuch
Tester

by Dyaxler » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:21 pm

1. Click the latest release link in the first post.
2. Download the Source code.zip
3. Extract zip into a temp directory.
4. Move the SpartanUI and MobInfo2 directories into %WOWINSTALLDIRECTORY%..\ Interface \ AddOns directory.
5. Inside the MobInfo2 Database directory - move the MobInfo2.lua file into the %WOWINSTALLDIRECTORY%..\ WTF \ Account \ %USERNAME% \ SavedVariables directory.

6. Log in to WoW
7. Type /mi2
8. Click the Database tab
9. Click Import

Enjoy!
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sifu » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:20 pm

Long time user of SpartanUI back in my retail days. I love this! It looks great and plays great. Thanks for making SpartanUI compatible with vanilla! Props to you!
Sifu
Tester

by Dyaxler » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:01 am

Thanks! :)
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Addons & macros