I have tried everything

I have tried everything

by Ten1000Fists » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:51 pm

I seem to be unable to get my addons to work on this server. I'm not sure how to proceed now, I've looked at other threads trust me, one thread said I should try moving it to other locations. I did that. I moved my WoW classic to my (C:) drive, to my Program Files, Program Files (x86), Desktop, My Games, even My Documents it doesn't seem to help. I tried re-downloading the game, perhaps something went wrong there but things stayed the same. I did however read in a thread that said I would have difficulty getting my addons to work if I was using Windows 7, which I am, that was in the thread where they suggested I move my WoW classic folder around, I'm thinking this might be the problem but I have no idea where else to move it.
For clarification on specifics, the addon links I downloaded from are:
http://auctioneeraddon.com/dl/zzOld/Auc ... 0.1000.zip (For Auctioneer)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4mr4a ... +Atlas.zip (For Atlas and Atlas Loot)
Those are the only two so far. I downloaded the Nostalrius WoW classic.zip through the website using MEGAsync(which I downloaded as well) and extracted it with 7-zip. I downloaded the zip file for the addons and extracted them using 7-zip as well. My directory for folders looks like World of Warcraft Classic / Interface / Addons / (unzipped addon folder). When I go to my character screen I know there should be an addons button to the bottom left but I don't see any. I'm at my wits end now, any help would be much appreciated.
Ten1000Fists
Tester

Re: I have tried everything

by Roadblock » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:09 pm

Only thing that comes to mind is what I suggested at the latest posts in this thread:
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=32676
Astaldo @ Nostalrius PvE (Alliance)
Addons I've posted on Forum
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ten1000Fists » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Ya I looked at that thread earlier. Unfortunately it seems I'm still running into the same problem as that other guy. I have tried running it as admin still nothing works.
Ten1000Fists
Tester

by Roadblock » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:30 pm

Did you specifically try to create an Addons.txt file in the directory I said while exited from the game?
Astaldo @ Nostalrius PvE (Alliance)
Addons I've posted on Forum
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kaiji » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:35 pm

Are you running the game using the WoW.exe in the same installation as the addons you've installed? If you've installed the game in several locations it may have complicated the issue.

Don't use the Launcher.exe. Use the WoW.exe.

Have a look at this thread.
Kaiji
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ten1000Fists » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:07 am

OK I finally figured out what was going on. I unzipped my addon zip files but i didn't take out the folder that was inside the addon package. Thanks for pointing out that thread to me Kaiji, I didn't realized I had to go that extra step lol. Thank you for the clarification.
Ten1000Fists
Tester

by Kaiji » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:39 am

Glad to hear you got it working!
Kaiji
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Addons & macros