My updated/slightly shaken Addons

My updated/slightly shaken Addons

by Andraxion » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:23 am

Hey everyone!

I just started playing on this server a while back and love it. I got some friends from retail together to revisit the old days together, installed the client, and off I went! Along the way I started snooping through the addon archives to see if I could piece together my retail UI with what was available in Vanilla, but things just seem... dated and lacking.

But wait! What if I worked diligently to dig up my old addons I used that seemingly disappeared? Or at least bring addons up to par to at -least- mimic the newer releases? Well, here's my work so far. Don't yell mean things at me if I didn't do things quite like you would have, I haven't touched LUA since mid MoP, and really, I hadn't done anything major with addon development since my addon suite mid Cataclysm.

I've just gotten started but I plan to start backporting most of the addons I can hardly live without, so stay tuned and if you have suggestions or want to help, let me know!

Bagnon[Updated]
[Download]
What I did
- Updated the individual item slot textures to reflect the retail version.
- Formatted the Bagnon_Forever modules to better show what items are where, and how many you have.
- Started converting the xml over to lua and merging all of the modules to be one addon, with a lot of trimming.

Actioncrits[Original][Backported]
[Download]
What I did
- I wrote this addon in Mists of Pandaria for a friend, we were always quoting Batman sound effects ("Pow!" "Wham").
- Whenever you crit, it will pop up random words on the screen indicating you did infact, crit.
- I backported this and had to rewrite most of it, so the damage option does not work yet.

TinyTip[Updated]
[Download]
What I did
- Updated the addon to show a more familiar blue color for shaman for those who are used to it on retail or more recent versions of WoW.

DamageMeters[Updated]
[Download]
What I did
- Updated the addon to show a more familiar blue color for shaman for those who are used to it on retail or more recent versions of WoW.

MobileFrames[Restored]
[Download]
What I did
- Nothing. I pulled it off of a backup CD I had from 2007 and threw it in a zip file.
- This Addon is the predecessor to FluidFrames, a frame mover/modification addon on retail.
- What does it do? It's like MoveAnything, but wayyyyy less intrusive and really just adds what Blizzard should have from the start. You can move all of the Blizzard frames around by clicking and dragging on the frame. No need to toggle anchors, no need to worry about conflicting addons. It just works.
** Includes Sea, a library that is needed to make it work.

cyCircled[Restored]
[Download]
What I did
- I took some textures from the current retail version of Masque and modified the skins.lua to allow you to use them. I really didn't do much for this aside from just throw it all together so anyone can just download and use it.
Last edited by Andraxion on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:04 am, edited 8 times in total.
Tinkleflower (PvE)
Andraxion's Addon Collection [Updated and refreshed]
Taking requests for backporting addons to 1.12, though I cannot give timeframes and I'm not currently undertaking very large projects.
Andraxion
Grunt
Grunt

Re: My updated/slightly shaken Addons

by Humble Kagu » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Thank you for these. I'm currently at work, but I will try these out when I get home. I'm wondering though, what is the difference between the OneBag addons and Bagnon? I always used OneBag on Nostalrius because the Bagnon addon would always spit out an error.
Looking to re-live Vanilla together with a friendly, welcoming and well-behaved bunch? Then we open our doors at http://sanctuaryguild.org where we look forward to hear from you! ☼
Humble Kagu
Sergeant
Sergeant

by schaka » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:06 pm

Are you AnduinLothar at WoWInterface? You created SO many useful addons, slightly modifying the default UI. PartyCastingBars was my favorite for ages.
schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Andraxion » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:09 am

I'm not AnduinLothar but I've been a huge fan of his addons for as long as I can remember. I've hacked and patched FluidFrames for every expansion so far it feels like, just to keep it working so I don't have to switch to something else haha.

One thing to note here, if you currently use Bagnon, starting up with this version will spit out an error (only on first launch after upgrading) It's only because I made a change to bow Bagnon manipulates its database and it needs to refresh at least once.
Tinkleflower (PvE)
Taking requests for backporting addons to 1.12, though I cannot give timeframes and I'm not currently undertaking very large projects.
Andraxion
Grunt
Grunt

by slipryy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:41 am

if your on the pvp server and want 100g for ur mount at 40 check my thread pls

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=37238
Last edited by slipryy on Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
slipryy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Roadblock » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:28 am

Andraxion wrote:I've hacked and patched FluidFrames for every expansion so far it feels like, just to keep it working so I don't have to switch to something else haha.

Welcome :)
You must have used my version at some point then, I was maintaining FluidFrames from 2.4 till some time in MoP: http://wowinterface.com/downloads/info17934

Nice to see more addon authors joining.
Astaldo @ Nostalrius PvE (Alliance)
Addons I've posted on Forum
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pixels23 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Awesome addons thx for sharing!
Pixels23
Tester

by Andraxion » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys, and thanks Roadblock. I'm rusty right now, without a lot of functions and libraries I'm feeling like I'm having to relearn the tools haha.

I appreciate the work you did on FF too, as do most other users I'm sure. It really should be a core function even in retail now, but well, it's Blizzard we're talking about lol.
Tinkleflower (PvE)
Andraxion
Grunt
Grunt

by Ourk » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Tyvm Sir! :D
Ourk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Oggi » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 pm

Great work, Andraxion!

The Altoholic-type functionality you've added to Bagnon is really helpful and it's neat to now have Fluidframes functionality in vanilla as well.

I know it's pretty central to the idea behind Bagnon, but is there a way to disable the "one-bag" aspect of the addon and keep all the other functionality? I can't see a toggle in the options menu?
Oggi
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Addons & macros