[Addon] Questie *v2.66* - A quest helper for vanilla!

Re: [Addon] Questie *v2.66* - A quest helper for vanilla!

by Renew » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:24 am

Xaverius wrote:Hello. I'm using v 2.67 (beta). When I hide the tracker, the default one doesn't work. Any ideas?

The only other addons I ahve are atlas/atlasloot and Recipe Radar.

Try out the newest Version: https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieD ... s/tag/v3.1
my Addons:
- Vanilla Healing Assignments - /viewtopic.php?f=63&t=23326
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Xaverius » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:36 am

Ok, that was pretty stupid of me, not to check for new versions... I saw the 2.66 in this topic and concluded 2.67 must be the latest :D.

Yes, this helped. The reload ui after disabling the tracker is a nice touch, I like it. Thanks.

EDIT: And a question. I noticed it doesn't display quests that you get from drops or gameobjects. Is there a toggle for that, or is that no a supported feature?
Freedom was our highest good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6MGhMCQbgk
It's not us to go under the yoke.
We. Will. NOT! BOW!
Xaverius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Renew » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Xaverius wrote:EDIT: And a question. I noticed it doesn't display quests that you get from drops or gameobjects. Is there a toggle for that, or is that no a supported feature?

i think its not supported
my Addons:
- Vanilla Healing Assignments - /viewtopic.php?f=63&t=23326
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Castro » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:36 pm

Xaverius wrote:I noticed it doesn't display quests that you get from drops or gameobjects. Is there a toggle for that, or is that no a supported feature?

Quests starts from gameobjects are in ShaguQuest 8.0 (currently in late alpha). Adding starts by items is on my TODO and already works for quests that are marked using the search UI or chat command "/shagu quest".

You can use Questie and ShaguQuest together.
Castro
Private
Private

by XxGokuxX » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:44 pm

I have been having trouble using questie with simple mini map. The quest icons seem to drag on the minimap and don't adjust to the shape of the other map skins.

I am also having a problem where quest markers blink and only pop up sporadically on regular map.

Any known fixes for either of these issues?
XxGokuxX
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Castro » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:00 pm

This is a know issue with non-circular minimaps and with Questie development being stalled at the moment I wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon. So it's either round map or no minimap icons.

My guess is your second issue is caused by the first one.

What you do is you go to your WoW\Interface\AddOns\!Questie\Modules folder. There you open the QuestieNotes.lua with an Editor (I suggest using Notpad++, it is great and adds a menu option for opening files to the windows right click).

Then you go to line 560 and add "--[[" (without quotes) in front of the "for k, v in pairs(QuestieMapNotes[c][z]) do".

Then you go to line 595 and add "--]]" behind the "end".

Repeat this process in line 712 (before "MMIcon = Questie:GetBlankNoteFrame();") and line 726 (behind "table.insert(QuestieUsedNoteFrames, MMIcon);").

This comments out (deactivates) the code that would otherwise create minimap icons. If you decide to switch to some round minimap you can remove the dashes and brackets and the icons will be drawn again.
Castro
Private
Private

by Castro » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:21 am

Somebody commited a fix for this. It is not yet released, so you would have to download the current master branch.
Castro
Private
Private

by themagoo » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:47 pm

Hey first of all thank you for this amazing quest helper for Vanilla !

I have two issues though :

- when I delete the v3.1 to replace it with the v3.2, the game still tells me I have the 3.1. But the new feature from the 3.2 seems to work. Do I need to delete all my Questie.lua etc ?

- when I log in with Questie activated it makes move my KTM. Just a bit but its pretty annoying since I have to replace him manually everytime I log in or eventually it will disapear from my screen and I will have to use /ktm gui reset then replace him. I tried to lock KTM in place with Discord Frame Manager but doesn't work at all :/

Should I make a ticket or two on GitHub ?
themagoo
Grunt
Grunt

by Scamp » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:34 pm

Just a heads up for people who might be reading here -- v3.3 has just been released and fixes the tooltip bug, along with some other performance improvements.

Get on the github release page as usual!
themagoo wrote:Hey first of all thank you for this amazing quest helper for Vanilla !

I have two issues though :

- when I delete the v3.1 to replace it with the v3.2, the game still tells me I have the 3.1. But the new feature from the 3.2 seems to work. Do I need to delete all my Questie.lua etc ?

- when I log in with Questie activated it makes move my KTM. Just a bit but its pretty annoying since I have to replace him manually everytime I log in or eventually it will disapear from my screen and I will have to use /ktm gui reset then replace him. I tried to lock KTM in place with Discord Frame Manager but doesn't work at all :/

Should I make a ticket or two on GitHub ?

Strange, if the issue persists in v3.3 make an issue and we'll look into it.
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros