[Addon] Questie *v2.66* - A quest helper for vanilla!

Re: [Addon] Questie *v2.63* - A quest helper for vanilla!

by Xanax » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:00 am

I'm unable to move the Quest tracker. It's overlapping my chat right now and it's annoying. I tried shift+ctrl and dragging as well as normally dragging. :/
Xaniez - Horde Priest
Xanax
Private
Private

by Dyaxler » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:09 am

Try... /questie clearconfig

This will reset your settings back to default as well as move the QuestTracker to the middle of the left hand side of the screen. Should move it up far enough so you can get at it.
Author of SpartanUI for Vanilla WoW 1.12
More info available here: Nostalrius Forum thread link. - Feed back welcome.
Submit bugs on GitHub or post about it in the forum thread.
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dyaxler » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:15 pm

Release some hot-fixes and updated release v2.64 zip file on GitHub.

• Fixed an issue with the /questie mapaids command. I changed it to
    mapnotes this release and forgot to update the Help Menu.
  • Fixed an issue with /questie NUKE. The nuke command was wiping the
    QuestTracker screen position data without injecting default values
    causing Questie to not find certain table keys and throwing nil
    errors.
  • Added a new command to reset the QuestTracker position location
    without clearing anything else. New command is /questie cleartracker.
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dyaxler » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:33 pm

munn wrote:Hello!

Thanks for all of your work on this! I'm finding the addon mostly great, though I am running into some issues. I've played around with the options but haven't been able to find anywhere to tune these. If I'm missing anything in the options though please let me know, I'll make the required changes and give it another shot!

The main issues I'm running into are:

1. The quest arrow frequently directs me back to the quest giver rather than the quest target. I've stopped using it for now as it's frequently confused :)

2. Quests that I have already picked up are still showing as available (!) which leads to some confusion and unnecessary back tracking.

Thank you again for all of your efforts with this and spartanui, and keep up the great work!

1. Can you give me specific quests where it's doing this? If you open your Worldmap and hover over one of the quest objectives or the quest giver while holding down your ALT key it will inject debug info along with the Quest Hash number in the tool tip. Having the Quest Hash number would help me tremendously. Additionally, the QuestArrow doesn't "intelligently" tell you which quest to do in a particular order like QuestHelper does on the Blizzard Live servers. It points to the closest objective or the quest giver if you're done with the quest. I think you might be confusing the arrows function with QuestHelper. The QuestTracker also doesn't sort itself in any "intelligent" order. It simply orders them by distance from your current position in the world.

2. If you're just starting out from level 1 there are a number of quests that have more than one Hash Number. When the quest database was created it imported all references to where a quest could be obtained and assigned a Hash Number to it. For example, the Paladin quest to obtain their Resurrection spell - the quest has the same name and can be obtained from several different NPC's. Several of the Holiday events are in the database and can be obtained in more than one city/location. When completing a quest, normally or manually the functions can only flag as finished the first Hash number in the database. This bug has been around for quite some time, long before I started managing Questie.

Once you get to a high enough level you can turn on a filter that will filter quests X levels below your current level. These low level quests that you can't seem to get rid of will eventually stop appearing on the Worldmap. I plan on fixing this bug eventually but it's a low priority since it doesn't actually break anything. It's just a minor annoyance.
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by earelith » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:38 pm

Hi! I have Herbalism and so I toggled the map/minimap icons of questie in order to find herbs easily... but when I do that, the tracker does not work properly..it does not update the quest progress... for example I have completed the quest but tracker still thinks I need more kills etc..

Is there a way to remove the icons just from minimap?
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dyaxler » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Yep... turning off the map/minimap icons via the Toggle button is the same as UN-tracking the quest. If it's not being tracked, it's not updating the database table thus not updating the quest. It's showing you the last "snap shot" of what was saved before you toggled off the button.

If you're questing then you should have it on. If you're farming herbs you can have it off to free up map space so you can see the possible herb nodes but if you want a quest to show an update, toggling Questie back on then off again should update it.
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by earelith » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:45 pm

I am leveling/questing and at the same time I am also getting herbs I find on my way :) I wish i could just had a way to turn off the icons on minimap... or if there is an option to just show the quest giver and quest turn in location
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dyaxler » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:19 pm

I'm working on an alternate "Quest Caching" system that will keep quest data in the database even if it's not tracked. Once I get it working right and have all the angles covered you'll be able to toggle off the quest objectives without wiping the quest tracking database allowing you to get your updates and hunt for herbs with a cleaner Minimap/Worldmap.

Development is stalled because I ran into a new bug last night with EQL3 that I'm in the process of debugging it now. Real life is getting in the way of that. :D
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mercya » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:44 pm

thank you!
Mercya
Tester

by earelith » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Dyaxler wrote:I'm working on an alternate "Quest Caching" system that will keep quest data in the database even if it's not tracked. Once I get it working right and have all the angles covered you'll be able to toggle off the quest objectives without wiping the quest tracking database allowing you to get your updates and hunt for herbs with a cleaner Minimap/Worldmap.

Development is stalled because I ran into a new bug last night with EQL3 that I'm in the process of debugging it now. Real life is getting in the way of that. :D

Thanks a lot!!

/bow
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros