Healbot / Manasaver macros combo problem

Healbot / Manasaver macros combo problem

by Wraith§Reaver » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:43 pm

As a healer, since I played for the first time in wow I always used Healbot, even at the expense of the fact that it may be not so convenient to use as Grid+Clique combo.
This does not mean that this will always remain so in the future, but at present I find myself better with this setup.

Before the server opened, I had documented organizing my addons, and among these I added Manasaver.
Manasaver is an addon that allows you to cast healing spells appropriate for the situation, thus avoiding constantly using the highest rank (going so "overhealing" and wasting too much mana for nothing, especially during instances/raids).

The usefulness of this is that it creates macros that can be used in any raid frame addon (e.g. Grid and Healbot Continued to name a few).
The problem is that the first versions of Healbot do not have support for macros, so you can not take full advantage of HB shortcuts Ctrl/Shift/Alt + Mouse buttons to cast a manasaver macro.

For now the only feasible alternatives that I understood is that either it would need a rewrite of Healbot Continued for the vanilla, or that by editing .lua of Healbot being able to "force" the use of Manasaver macros.

Someone more expert could direct me towards a solution that is not (obviously for my case) Grid + Clique?
Thanks
Wraith§Reaver
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Healbot / Manasaver macros combo problem

by Garfunkel » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:26 pm

SmartHeal which now should work with Luna UnifFrames mouseover function.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Wraith§Reaver » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:42 pm

Garfunkel wrote:SmartHeal which now should work with Luna UnifFrames mouseover function.

do you mean the addon that allows (by a macro) to choose the more suitable self-bandage type/mana potion available in the bags to drink?
Or is there an addon with the same name which is dedicated to healing?
Wraith§Reaver
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Garfunkel » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:01 am

Oh sorry, I misunderstood you. SmartHeal just automatically downranks healing spells based on your mana available and the amount of HP lost on target and you can use click-heal / mouse-over for targeting. Luna UnitFrames now works with it if you don't like the Blizzard default frames.

I don't know what addon could perform automatic mana potion / self-bandage usage.
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Wraith§Reaver » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:52 am

Garfunkel wrote:Oh sorry, I misunderstood you. SmartHeal just automatically downranks healing spells based on your mana available and the amount of HP lost on target and you can use click-heal / mouse-over for targeting. Luna UnitFrames now works with it if you don't like the Blizzard default frames.

I don't know what addon could perform automatic mana potion / self-bandage usage.

No, i was misunderstood, or simply i cannot explain myself very well xD
I meant really an healing addon like healbot, and I asked you so because browsing the net I only found that bandage/potion self heal addon which I really don't need at all :lol:
Wraith§Reaver
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Garfunkel » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:56 pm

Ah okay. Well, I'm not sure how HealBot works as I've never used it myself. SmartHeal can be found in the big Addon thread where they provide links to the Google Docs site. Download it and give it a try.
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Addons & macros