[Addon] LunaUnitFrames

Re: [Official Thread] LunaUnitFrames

by Rhena » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:46 pm

Stuff that changed recently:
- Polished text scaling a bit more
- Removed duplicate option to hide the castbar
- Groundwork to support EnemyBuffTimersVanilla by Schaka
- Click casting is now saved per character

I made the changes to allow EnemyBuffTimersVanilla to work with Luna. It is now upon Schaka to make it work on his end. (Last time i checked it wasn't working) You can eventually find it here.
Author of LunaUnitFrames - The most advanced unit frames for classic WoW. Visit my GitHub page for them and some other tools i wrote.
Rhyna - Warrior | Nost PvP | Alliance
Rhena
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by schaka » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:52 pm

It's supported now. If you really wanted it to become an integral part of LunaUF, I'd offer my help (wouldn't do it all my myself) to port some/most of the functionality from SpellTimers, so that timers will be as accurate as possible at all times. You could also sync those timers using SendAddonMessage() the way I do in my TBC addon then.

It would open up for timers to be extremely accurate and pretty much common in Vanilla.

When I wrote this, I had initially planned to also hook the function that sets buffs/debuffs on your targetframe (think default unitframes here) and add buffs on enemies with certain durations (which is why I wrote GetSpellInfoVanilla). If this is a functionality you'd want in LunaUF, I'd also be willing to do that. In fact, a way to universally support it would be just hooking UnitBuff() and inserting the information I've gathered from the combatlog there.

If I'm not mistaken, you can see enemy buffs as long as you're not in combat, right? I could also cache that information (and remove buffs based on combatlog information, obviously).

You can tell I'm talking a lot. It's basically just that I had a shitload of plans on what to do with the vanilla wow api back when I ahd more (any) actual free time.
schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rhena » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:20 pm

Thanks for your time and improving the experience with my UF.

I have thought over how those buff timer could be improved but there won't be perfection since there are too many things you have no control over.
- Multiple mobs with the same name
- Diminishing returns
- Talents, set boni, etc
Even trying to sync over the addon comm system wouldn't be much help. For example if you fight a mob and your friend fights another with the same name and level the whole comunication wouldn't solve much.

I would rather keep it the way it is. Its currently a neat feature for solo play and to give some sort of idea without being 100% reliable.

Also my time is limited too. I have set up some goals on GitHub which i will attempt to do and then move on to my new project. Porting the real Shadowed UF to BC that is. I already got it loading and now its just checking every feature if it works (Most of it doesn't).

Anyway thanks for your support :D
Author of LunaUnitFrames - The most advanced unit frames for classic WoW. Visit my GitHub page for them and some other tools i wrote.
Rhena
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by schaka » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:45 pm

SpellTimers already tracks for talents, DR and everything else, so that works flawlessly. I spent the last 3 hours writing a standlone UnitBuff hook that works pretty neatly so far. So that part is also done.
Addon communication, I would just use for buffs/debuffs on players themselves. Obviously multiple buffs of the same name and/or on mobs with the same name won't work. It's mostly a PvP addon, I guess

I'll put the BuffHook addon on GitHub once I'm done. It will flawlessly integrate will each and all untiframes. Here's what happens if I duel someone of the same faction but saw their buffs previously:
schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Soifeng » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:07 pm

Hello Rhena,

I was wondering if there is any possibility to show pets health in my raidframes while using Luna.

Greetings Soifeng
Soifeng
Private
Private

by Rhena » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:09 am

When i get around doing it.

Meanwhile:
-Fix for party in class colors despite options saying otherwise
-Added a power spark for 5 sec rule display

*edit*
I'm on a roll today:
-Raidgroups are now sorted by name for consistent display across raidmembers
-Option to populate raidgroups downward
Rhena
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Legend » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:27 pm

Someone asked about this earlier but i couldn't find an answer;
Is there any way we could show multiple buffs on the raid frames?
Legend
Grunt
Grunt

by Rhena » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:06 pm

The current answer is no.
In the future there might be but its difficult to find the balance between readability and features i can fit into a small space.
Rhena
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by TaurenRogue » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:26 pm

my "issues" with luna so far as im just a dps that just needs player/target/tot
-health text... it seems to be nearly impossible to get this to be in 1 line no matter how wide the frame is
-no static size option for health/mana/cast bar... i'd like to be able to have a cast bar appear below the mana bar without slightly resizing the entire frame when the target starts casting
-no presets/options to "allign to grid" for raid frames... draging them manually every time i decide to test the raid frames is annoying
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rhena » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:50 am

The health text is supposed to be one line if you have the percent off and 2 lines with percent on. If thats not working out for you please post a screenshot or post your settings so i can get a better idea of the issue.

Making the bars static sounds like a valid option i put it on my list.

Its called "Interlock Raid Frames".
Rhena
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros