[Addon] LunaUnitFrames

Re: [Official Thread] LunaUnitFrames

by Maladan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me, having issues getting this addon to work.

There is no addons button on the bottom left of the character screen and when I log on the addon has not changed the unitframes, Im wondering if Im doing something wrong, I download the file to winrar, then extract to folder on desktop then copy to "Interface" "Addons".

I also deleted the -master from the name of the file but that didnt work either.

Any suggestions would be great , thanks.

Edit: Nevermind got it to work, thanks for all the hard work love the addon!
Maladan
Private
Private

by Proudrasil » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Hey, love the mod, this is the exact layout of unitframes I really love.

My only issue (and maybe I'm just missing something) is that I can't seem to see any sort of radial ticker or timer for my target's debuffs.

Is there some feature I'm missing?

Thanks for all your hard work, Rhena!
Proudrasil
Private
Private

by Rhena » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:41 am

Any timers for other buffs than your own are a 3rd party addon. And i don't see me adding that feature any time soon. I'd recommend getting something like Chronometer if you need to track debuffs. Or you could pester this guy to add support for Luna. Though i doubt he would be willing to rewrite his whole addon ;)
Author of LunaUnitFrames - The most advanced unit frames for classic WoW. Visit my GitHub page for them and some other tools i wrote.
Rhyna - Warrior | Nost PvP | Alliance
Rhena
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by schaka » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:48 pm

If Luna's buffs/debuffs are numerated for each frame (and named accordingly), you can just add EBFV to your addons. It's about a 2 line addition, (for the targetframe anyway). But you could also very easily add timers for any other frame, although that would probably take a couple hours to create frames based on unit too, as I am currently creating them based on TargetName+SpellName. It would then be changed to create frames for other units (raid1-40, pet, partypet1-4, etc) as well. It would be fairly easy to do that.

However, the most important part is that Luna's buff/debuff frames are named properly, in the same fashion the default UI does it and most other frames too (except XPerl, which sucks major ass).

Code: Select all
local region = getglobal(firstToUpper(unitID).."FrameBuff"..i)
local region = getglobal(firstToUpper(unitID).."FrameDebuff"..i)

Those are the lines you need to change to make it work for Luna. The rest is something I might be willing to implement. I already did that for the TBC version before I moved to hooking UnitBuff/UnitDebuff and make it return timers.
schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rhena » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:52 am

*edit* I feel stupid. It was late when i played around with it. Of course it needs unique names. I have chnaged it now so that the names will be Luna<Unitid>BuffFrame<Number>. Thanks for considering to support my addon. It saves me a lot of work doing it myself. :D
Author of LunaUnitFrames - The most advanced unit frames for classic WoW. Visit my GitHub page for them and some other tools i wrote.
Rhena
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by schaka » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:07 pm

https://github.com/Schaka/EnemyBuffTime ... unitframes
There you go. Haven't done extensive testing, but when I did, it all worked well for me. Currently only works for the target frame, because if I wanted to support party, raid, etc, I would have to create a frame for every supported unit. Which means some re-writing, that I wouldn't be entirely opposed to doing, just because so many people seem to be using Luna now.

If cooldown frames don't appear for you, for some reason, that might be an issue with FrameLevel or FrameStrata. You'll have to play around with that yourself or tell me what level to use.

schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rhena » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:59 am

I have played around with the cooldown frame myself quite a bit since Luna has timers for the player frame by itself. The cooldown frame is made to only work for buttons that are 36 by 36 in size since thats the size of the action button. If you make a frame thats a different size the center of the cooldown is not in the center of the frame. As seen even in your screenshot. The only way to prevent this is to make the cooldown frame always 36x36 in size and calculate how much you would have to scale it to fit the actual buff frame. Then set that scale with frame:SetScale() .

Code: Select all
LunaPlayerFrame.Buffs[i].cd = CreateFrame("Model", nil, LunaPlayerFrame.Buffs[i], "CooldownFrameTemplate")
LunaPlayerFrame.Buffs[i].cd:ClearAllPoints()
LunaPlayerFrame.Buffs[i].cd:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", LunaPlayerFrame.Buffs[i], "TOPLEFT")
LunaPlayerFrame.Buffs[i].cd:SetHeight(36)
LunaPlayerFrame.Buffs[i].cd:SetWidth(36)
local scale = LunaPlayerFrame.Buffs[1]:GetHeight()/36
for i=1, 16 do
   LunaPlayerFrame.Buffs[i].cd:SetScale(scale)
   LunaPlayerFrame.Debuffs[i].cd:SetScale(scale)
end

So what i would like is if you could make a version where the above is implemented and you also provide me with a function i can call to make it recalculate and set the scale (i would call this when the user changes the size of the auras).
Rhena
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by schaka » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:04 am

If you check out this commit, you'll find that's how I'm currently calculating the scale. It almost fits, but your calculation obviously makes more sense.I'll change it.

However, frames are created whenever a spell is actually used (not preemptively, as that would clutter memory for no reason). So it's unlikely I could provide you with a function for resizing frames without re-writing unnecessary large parts of my addon. What I will do instead is that each time a cooldown frame is anchored to a buff/debuff, I will just recalculate the scale based on TargetFrameBuff1.

Edit: https://github.com/Schaka/EnemyBuffTime ... 601c34d135
Done quickly at work, you'll ahve to see for yourself if it works. I'll check once I get home in ~8hours
schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Garfunkel » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:19 pm

Hey, just wanted to let you know that your Unit Frames are great and I've been happily using them for a week now. Fantastic job!

My only issue is that the click-heal settings are not character-specific. I play a multitude of characters so it would be great if you could change that setting so that my priest, druid, paladin and shaman can each have permanent, character specific click-heal spells set.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Brutaliusx » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:38 pm

Hey guys, loving this addon because it looks so much like SUF! However, I followed the steps with adding the lines to EnemyBuffTimers to see the debuff timers... unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Does it require the actual frame of the debuff to be a certain size, and If so how would I change it?

EDIT: Also is there another class color addon for stock unit frames?
Brutaliusx
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros