SpamThrottle: Vanilla addon to reduce chat spam

Re: SpamThrottle: Vanilla addon to reduce chat spam

by Mopar » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:16 am

Yes, Prat is a known conflict. You'll need to choose between the two.
This is because in Vanilla, you have to hook the same chat message handler function for both addons, and the two do it in an incompatible way.

Sorry about that.
The pizza level in my bloodstream is dangerously low.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by gotmilk0112 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:46 am

So basically it functions the same way "Spam Report" does in TBC, in that it just kinda temp-ignores the person? Awesome. I no longer have to fill my ignore list with the people spamming guild advertisements.

Is there an easier way to add someone to the ban list? Having to open the addon window, click the button, then click the text field and manually type their name is a tad annoying. Even something like "/st ban" to bring up the ban window immediately would be nice.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Santana » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:46 am

Mopar wrote:Yes, Prat is a known conflict. You'll need to choose between the two.
This is because in Vanilla, you have to hook the same chat message handler function for both addons, and the two do it in an incompatible way.

Sorry about that.

Damn, that is a hard decision...
Santana
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mopar » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:58 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:So basically it functions the same way "Spam Report" does in TBC, in that it just kinda temp-ignores the person? Awesome. I no longer have to fill my ignore list with the people spamming guild advertisements.

Is there an easier way to add someone to the ban list? Having to open the addon window, click the button, then click the text field and manually type their name is a tad annoying. Even something like "/st ban" to bring up the ban window immediately would be nice.

It's more complicated than that. You don't have to do anything normally for ads to be filtered. You will see the first one, but ones up to that up to a 'gap interval' later will be removed.

Under the default settings:
- If someone spams something, you'll see the first one. Then 10 minutes later, if they are still spamming it, you'll see it again. It will be gapped this way - seeing each unique message once every 10 minutes.
- This will also be true for /y, /w, and /s messages.
- You won't generally see gold seller spam, ever. The default keywords filter covers those.
- You can explicitly add people to be temp ignored. They will come off that list after a (separately set) interval.
- You can explicitly add keywords that will always be filtered.

So there is a lot of capability to set it to do exactly what you want. If you need help, please feel free to contact me in game (alliance), on either Mopar, Mo, or Moulin. (Sorry, I'm not usually on Horde side here.)
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mopar » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Oh @Gotmilk - to answer your main question:

Yes, to add someone to the ban list: Right click on their name in the chat window. You can add them to the local ban list with one click. SpamThrottle is adding that option there.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by gotmilk0112 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:15 pm

Mopar wrote:Oh @Gotmilk - to answer your main question:

Yes, to add someone to the ban list: Right click on their name in the chat window. You can add them to the local ban list with one click. SpamThrottle is adding that option there.

I'm not getting the option. Right-clicking a player's name yields the options:

Whisper
Invite
Target
Get Name
Add Friend
Ignore
Guild Invite
Cancel

Though I've got another addon, AutoMate, adding most of those options. Is that why I can't see the ban option for SpamThrottle?
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mopar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Interesting, nice catch. I took a look at AutoMate and that appears to be caused by an incompatible hook of the UnitPopup_OnClick function. I'll play around with it and see if I can make it compatible from SpamThrottle side.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mopar » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:07 pm

Sorry, but SpamThrottle will no longer be supported on this server.
I've just had it with the fucked up administration of this server.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by EinBaum » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:14 pm

Mopar wrote:Sorry, but SpamThrottle will no longer be supported on this server.
I've just had it with the fucked up administration of this server.

You really shouldn't make such hasty decisions. If this is because of Vanillerific's ban, let me assure you: The GM who answered said that a third party program was used. You cannot assume that he was banned just because of an addon.
EinBaum
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mopar » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:06 am

EinBaum wrote:You really shouldn't make such hasty decisions. If this is because of Vanillerific's ban, let me assure you: The GM who answered said that a third party program was used. You cannot assume that he was banned just because of an addon.

Yeah I saw the post from Viper after that. I suspected that might be the case, but the previous GM post on the topic was vague, so it was impossible to know whether it was the automation in tradeDispenser that was off limits or some auto-clicker. (What happened with Lazypig a few months ago is why I might say this.)

Viper's later reply was very good and made it very clear. That's the kind of transparency we need (although we usually don't need responses to be that long of course.)

I'll reversed that and SpamThrottle is back up.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros