[Job Opening] AddOn improvement

[Job Opening] AddOn improvement

by Youfie » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi,

The object of this message is simple : I use an AddOn, and it's not working 100% like I wish it would, it has no settings allowing to do what I wish and I don't have the required skills to lookup the .lua code to try to modify it.

So I'm looking for someone who can do it for me :).

I'm fully aware that what I ask might be time-consuming, and I think every work deserves to be fairly-priced, so if you are skilled enough to do what I ask but it's too long, I'm okay with giving you a little money you know, it's only fair.

Below is a description of the Add-On and how I would like it to work - as you'll see, it's really not complicated.

What I propose is that you look a little bit at what I want and to the .lua code of the Add-On, and then send me a PM if you're able to help me out, and for how much. Please keep in mind that even if I'm completely inclined to pay something, whether it's Nostalrius gold or some IRL money, I expect a little bit of good faith and willingness to help from you if you plan to help me. There is no way I'll be able to pay anything related to a real-life hourly wage or anything, really :(.

My problem :
I am using CT_Buffmod [Colored] and CT_ItemBuffs [Colored] to display my own buffs/debuffs and weapons buffs. As you might have guessed, these AddOns are a modified version of the regular CT mods CT_Buffmod & CT_ItemBuffs - the modifications were done during 2005-2006 by some player on retail, "Fritos", I did nothing myself.

You can download these Add-Ons here.

What bothers me is the way the buffs and debuffs are sorted. It looks like this in its current state (the Add-On has two different skins that you can choose from) :

As you can see, it's a mess, in terms of organization.

I would like to have my buffs sorted by duration. With the longest ones at the top, and the ones about to expire at the bottom. And exactly the same for my debuffs, that would be packed below my buffs, but with a little space between my "buffs pack" and my "debuffs pack".

Ideally, I would like to have my weapon buffs (regardless of their duration) at the top of my buffs, separated from the rest by a little space too (or in a separate window, which I could put right at the top of my "debuff pack", so it would be the same)

Long story short, I would like to have :

Weapon Buff 1 - whaterever the duration is ;
Weapon Buff 2 - whatever the duration is ;
----- (small space)
Buff 1 (longest) ;
Buff 2 ;
Buff 3 (shortest) ;
--- (small space)
Debuff 1 (longest) ;
Debuff 2 ;
Debuff 3 (shortest).

Elkhano's Buff Bar does this kind of sorting (only partially ; and I prefer the CT_Colored skin anyway), so here is an exemple of buffs sorted by duration like I would like it to be sorted by CT_Colored :

So, that's pretty much it. As you can see, it's nothing big, I'm just some kind of UI freak that likes to have everything as he wishes ;). Sorry for the long post to describe such a little thing.

If someone is able to help me, I will of course give them full credit for their work, and share their version with everyone else interested. If anyone else is interested, feel free to contact me to share the fee with the potential developper.

Kind regards,

Youfie.

EDIT : a quote that could help any dev interested in helping me :) :

Scamp wrote:
Youfie wrote:
Scamp wrote:Has anyone had any luck with the original sorting issue in the OP? It should be possible to do using a standard table sort (I've already got one of those working in questie.) If it's still unsolved I could take a look.

Kill almost made the AddOn perfect apparently (see his videos), he just never posted his work for some reason :(.

So yeah, you're welcome to give it a try ;)

What a card.

Well, I've gotten it to sort the buffs how you wanted. It's not as efficient as it could be, but it does work well.

Here's the release https://github.com/AeroScripts/CT_BuffMod_Sorted/releases/tag/v0.1 (It's all up on github -- why write code if you're just going to let it rot away on your HDD)

For anyone interested in the core of what I added, here's the sort function, It's pretty simple:
Code: Select all
-- index b is isDebuff
-- index d is time remaining
function AE_CT_DURATIONSORT(a, b)
   if not (a['b'] == b['b']) then -- one is a buff, one is a debuff
      if a['b'] == 1 then
         return false; -- buffs before debuffs
      else
         return true;
      end
   end
   return a['d'] > b['d']; -- they are the same so compare by remaining time
end
Last edited by Youfie on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: [Job Opening] AddOn improvement

by Hatson » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:55 pm

If someone gets this working for you, please do share. And I'd even be willing to throw in a bit of compensation money for whoever did the work as well.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Noxx » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:03 pm

if u get this working i will say thanks by donate ingame gold.
Noxx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kovenant » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:42 pm

I never made an addon before.
Ill put it on my todo list.
Might take some time , quite busy with projecs and work.
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:09 pm

kovenant wrote:I never made an addon before.

:)

The code is already written, so I guess it's just matter of modifications you know.

Anyway don't hesitate to PM me to keep me updated with your work or for me to test it, and to discuss what you would like to get in exchange of your work :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by kovenant » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:15 am

Youfie wrote:
kovenant wrote:I never made an addon before.

:)

The code is already written, so I guess it's just matter of modifications you know.

Anyway don't hesitate to PM me to keep me updated with your work or for me to test it, and to discuss what you would like to get in exchange of your work :).

well im not interested in any exchange or compensation,
it is a new learning experience for me.

since im at work today, i can't make a start.
i can do some investigation on this subject.
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:34 am

There are plenty of broken mods that were never fixed pre BC. They just had to dump it and start over. Like macros, someone will need to learn the system all over again to fix everything up.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Youfie » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:13 am

Drain wrote:There are plenty of broken mods that were never fixed pre BC. They just had to dump it and start over. Like macros, someone will need to learn the system all over again to fix everything up.

A good start souks ne some one to post macro request like "I'm 100% sure I used to have macro on retail vanilla that did that. Does anyone remember ?" Or "I had that macro during TBC, was there an equivalent during vanilla ?", could be useful to have a thread like this.

Could make people like me who don't know shit about scripting but a (very) litle bit about macros to see il they can help them out ;).

Anyway thank you for your help ! If anyone wants to help you, if you change your mind or if you happen to be unable to modify the AddOns, my offer drill stands !
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Skuggor » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:46 am

NOS isn't open, and yet you begin to annoy people, Youfie.

Get Satrina Buff Frame, end of story.
Skuggor
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by nujabes » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:56 am

Nothing wrong with asking for help.
Vaccination causes autism. Don't ruin your child's life, don't vaccinate!
nujabes
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Addons & macros