Banned account - please read :D

Banned account - please read :D

by Panteez » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:25 pm

Greetings,

Last night while i was farming some AV, i noticed that the logout box randomly opened up on my Nostalrius Client screen, approximately 4 times (may have been 3, wasn't counting) within a 10 minute span. I simply hit "Cancel" and went on with my life, although I thought it was quite odd. Shortly after, my wife needed me so I did what I always do, I got up to help her, thinking I would make it back before the afk timer kicked in and avoiding the 15 min penalty. Well, as a lot of us know, when your wife needs you it is not always a short time period - so I am sure I got the afk kick. Knowing I would be gone longer than the 15 min penalty, I thought nothing of it.

Later that night when I went to log in, it said my account had been closed. Frantically, I logged into the forums, discovered that you can log in with your account @ https://en.nostalrius.org/account to check on ban status. I was met with this message - You are banned until August 3rd 2015 21:26:50 PM for the following reason: "Anti-AFK Bot in AV". At first I was pretty heart broken, as I have never used any kind of botting software and have a ton of time invested in my accounts (as we all do), then I realized (at least I thought) that it was a temp ban, as the 21:26 time frame had not passed yet. That gave me a little hope, that it may just be an error and I would get the ban lifted and could resume playing.

Fast forward to today, I attempted to log in and was met with the same account closed message. My account page @ https://en.nostalrius.org/account still shows the same ban time and last log in.

If I could have this reviewed, I would really appreciate it. I am positive that this is a mistake, and I can overlook mistakes, even with my account being suspended for this time period, I get it. I am not seeking special attention, free Grand Marshal Ranking and bags full of epic gear - Just a fair review. A quick look into the account and I'm sure they can see I have indeed afk'd out of few games, received the 15 min penalty, and carried on with my life. This is consistent with my daily routine as a married man with a baby, and not consistent with the use of a bot, which would not obtain the 15 minute afk penalty (as that would probably defeat the purpose of said bot).

I take this game pretty seriously, and have helped report bots in the past, as they truly have an impact on how the server plays out. I want an equal playing field just like everyone else :D

Character name - Dagerok, 60 human rogue

Thank you so much for your time, I look forward to hearing back from someone that has any say in this matter.
Panteez
Tester

Re: Banned account - please read :D

by Ithlien » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:57 am

Greetings,

We have reviewed your case again and confirmed that you were using an Anti-AFK bot. The ban will not be lifted; however, please feel free to make a new account and follow our rules going forward.

Sincerely,
Ithlien
Industrial Level Rule Book: https://en.nostalrius.org/terms-of-use
Ithlien
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Banned account - please read :D

by Robotron » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:32 am

Ithlien wrote:Greetings,

We have reviewed your case again and confirmed that you were using an Anti-AFK bot. The ban will not be lifted; however, please feel free to make a new account and follow our rules going forward.

Sincerely,
Ithlien

Yeah, somehow I didn't buy that the server's anti-AFK function of the SAC would false positive ban people who actually just stood in one place, not pressing keys or performing action, for 5 minutes in a BG until the game auto-flagged them as AFK and booted them out.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

Return to Account issues